Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Central Boiler LP igniter question  (Read 1745 times)

CAPTTHC

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: E2400
    • View Profile
Central Boiler LP igniter question
« on: October 28, 2020, 01:28:27 PM »

A newbie here that just purchased a home with an E Classic 2400 which the local dealer serviced since as it has been neglected for a few years. He had a customer that had a new, in the box igniter for sale cheap, which I purchased. The question is what regulator for a small LP bottle is anyone using for theirs. My dealer and all the dealers in this area have little or no knowledge of the units and I have had no luck with getting an answer from Central Boiler. Their regulator is huge and for large tanks. I have tried a 10 psi , turkey fryer type regulator and it does not light after going through all the sequences. I checked the burner which opens and has spark as well as a different LP bottle. I'm thinking it is possibly the wrong regulator. I appreciate any suggestions. I realize it is just a convenience and can be used without it.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: Central Boiler LP igniter question
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 10:47:35 PM »

Strange, I’d figure CB would be more than happy to sell you more parts.

I’m betting 10PSI is way too high, too much pressure will lock the gas valve closed if I remember right. We had a portable LP salamander that was always a trick to light, a new regulator solved it. Always a two person job, one guy held the pilot knob down while trying to light it and the other very slowly opened the valve on the 100lb tank, opened it too fast and would never light.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 03:58:11 AM »

Does CB still offer a propane ignition option like that? If it wasn't reliable and got dropped then it might not be worth chasing. I keep a little propane torch in the shop, I can relight my furnace is less than a minute. In cold weather it never goes out anyway.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 05:47:38 PM »

I have a maxim pellet boiler sitting out in the shed. It was hooked to a 20 pound tank. I can try looking at it to see if it has any specs on it if that would help.