Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: new buyer  (Read 10166 times)

rawright

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
new buyer
« on: January 20, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »

i am looking at a woodmaster,shaver or natures comfort.johnson is to expensive.any info would help .thanks rawright

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
Re: new buyer
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 11:15:18 AM »

Hey rawright welcome to the message board.

I bought a woodmaster 4400 this past spring and this is my first year using it and I couldn't be happier with it, I get great burn times.

If you have any specific questions please ask them.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

rawright

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 11:27:37 AM »

thanks for input .glad you like it

Dirtslinger

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 11:56:44 AM »

I have a woodmaster 4400 just installed this year and its great no problems 14 hr burn time when it was below zero
I should have done it years ago.
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

rawright

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 12:56:45 PM »

dealers give all good responses,i am glad for this info group of users,i have been told to add water daily,weekly ,yearly.get ash pan,do not get one.large water jacket to hold more heat longer,smaller jacket cycles better.any other questions i should ask let me know thanks.rawright

Dirtslinger

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »

dealers give all good responses,i am glad for this info group of users,i have been told to add water daily,weekly ,yearly.get ash pan,do not get one.large water jacket to hold more heat longer,smaller jacket cycles better.any other questions i should ask let me know thanks.rawright
Most dealers will tell you what you want to hear
Your best bet would be to ask around on this forum talk to guys that have them and go from there.
Just keep asking we will tell you what we know.
Good luck
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

pdboilermaker

• Training Wheels
  • www.princesspetitepoodles.com
    • View Profile
    • Princess Petite Poodles
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 07:40:50 AM »

I have a woodmaster 4400 for 3 years now and love it.  I have had to replace the fan and the door gasket.  I chose a model that holds a little water like 125 gallons.  To me, the idea of having a lot of water didnt really make sense from an effeciency standpoint.  I mean, you are going to take all of the btu's out of the wood, circulate it to the house and back, have some heat loss there.

My point is, you must have less heat loss if you store the btus in the unburned wood rather than the circulating water.

Woodmaster 4440, Sthil ms310, Jeep Wrangler to pull home the wood, Noritz tankless water heater, smart car

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 06:12:34 PM »

I have a woodmaster 4400 for 3 years now and love it.  I have had to replace the fan and the door gasket.  I chose a model that holds a little water like 125 gallons.  To me, the idea of having a lot of water didnt really make sense from an effeciency standpoint.  I mean, you are going to take all of the btu's out of the wood, circulate it to the house and back, have some heat loss there.

My point is, you must have less heat loss if you store the btus in the unburned wood rather than the circulating water.
 ::)
i have no idea if you are right or wrong, but i have heard an argument the other way as well...every time you choke your furnace down or start it up you lose BTU's in the form of smoke (unburnt btus) up the chimney  so maybe a lot of water and a longer burn is better

i dont know and i can't prove either way so i will keep my opinion to myself.....(but i am thinking of a bigger storage tank in the basement) ;)

home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada