Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: should i stay away from used?  (Read 13475 times)

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
Re: should i stay away from used?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2009, 08:17:26 AM »

Wow I really got you guys worked up! Anyway, I have made up my mind and am buying new so theres no need to argue anymore zipper, sorry I didnt call you and tell you I was no longer interested in your stove. And please don't question my intelligence. I am smart enough to understand that in order to use my existing forced air system I will need a "water to air" heat exchanger I think it pretty much spells it out. Or you know I thought about filling my ducts up with water and using the water to water exchanger like you said I thought I needed lol. Bottom line is that I am not buying used.
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

zipper

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2009, 09:59:55 AM »

Hey doc it's your money. Doesn't  bother me I wouldn't let someone tell me what to buy either. My personal feelings about a warantee  is you may as well wipe your butt with them. Trying to get anything out of one is like pulling teeth, buy a new car and try to get the dealership to do anything. I fought with one over a transmission until the time ran out and never did get it fixed

AirForcePOL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2009, 11:08:02 AM »

Thats why you should buy a chevy instead of a dodge
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290

zipper

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2009, 11:29:32 AM »

Boy I don't know about that AirForcePOL I bought a new chevy truck in1979 and it was the worst vehicle I've ever owned. My problem was not with you, I knew the day you called that you didn't want it. My beef was people saying that there must be something wrong with it just because its used when none of them has seen it. When a guy hasn't seen something he has no idea of it's condition. You really would not believe some of the people I have tried  to deal with on this. The problem is the economy is in so bad a shape that nobody has any money. If you can believe this one guy even asked me if he could make payments on it. I thought Jesus man I sympathize with your situation but I,m not a financial institution.   

AirForcePOL

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 12:02:03 PM »

Actually I wanted it untill these guys talked me out of it and Im sorry that I didnt buy it im sure you would like to get rid of it.  But I just decided to go with new because there could be something wrong with it that not even you know about and when I buy mine I want the security of knowing it has been taken care of.  I feel you on the economy but I am a federal employee, money is not what is holding me back. I would never trust a stranger to make payments to me. 
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290

zipper

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »

I had a pretty good idea you didn't want it when it was a weekend and you didn't want to come see it and didn't ask for directions so you could come at a later date. Not a problem , like I said I haven't even advertised it locally yet. But a lot of people read this forum and they need to know that used does not always mean junk. Someone is going to get a good boiler for a lot less than new retail price. I still have the invoice, with all the extra's was $6400 in when I bought it and I know they have went up in price since then. As far as that sensor is concerned it's probably under $50 but I am going to replace it anyway.

AirForcePOL

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 01:14:08 PM »

I found a guy that will sell me a brand new one for $5,749
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Pages: 1 [2]