Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Burning junk.  (Read 2661 times)

woodywoodchucker

• OWF Brand: cental boiler
  • OWF Model: classic 5036
  • what do I look like, an idiot?
    • View Profile
Burning junk.
« on: October 15, 2013, 03:25:45 AM »

In my 5036 I have been loading it with brush and junk wood and some junk mail as well. I don't use it during the summer except to get rid of this stuff. Question is does it do damage to the stove burning for a short time and then cooling down again. Temp may get to 170 or so.
  I've done this probably 3 times through the summer.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Burning junk.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 08:41:27 AM »

In my 5036 I have been loading it with brush and junk wood and some junk mail as well. I don't use it during the summer except to get rid of this stuff. Question is does it do damage to the stove burning for a short time and then cooling down again. Temp may get to 170 or so.

No, I can't see it hurting anything, the steel only getting to 170-180 and slowly cooling doesn't amount to much

I was however told at a training that many of the inks that are used in print are highly corrosive though when burned.....   But bests me
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

loneryder

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
Re: Burning junk.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 08:24:12 PM »

Just don't burn anything plastic. You probably know this.  My dealer told me about a 5036 that failed (rust and leaks) within 3 yrs.  Guy had been burning disposable baby diapers.  By products from that accelerate corrosion. I was getting ready to burn some feed and seed sacks but looked closely at them and realized they were woven plastic.