Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: how are things running  (Read 4781 times)

maine owb

• ASPEN 175 in Full Operation
    • View Profile
how are things running
« on: January 22, 2012, 05:57:19 AM »

anyone having problems with their empyre, curious about your wood consumption? l
Let me know, perhaps I can help.

mgw44

Re: how are things running
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:47:44 AM »

My is running great!  I have a Pro Series 100 and in Michigan with the mild winter I have heated 2000sq ft with about 4 cord of wood.  The coldest we got this year was 2 degrees F.  Maybe next year I can test it with a stronger winter season.

mgw44

davemi

• OWF Brand: THe jack line
  • OWF Model: 90wb
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:28:38 AM »

I was just told today that they are not even selling 100 series in my area of Michigan (lower upper part)! It will not keep up in the cold weather. THought that was a little strange but I am shopping around for a new stove. Not sure if it worth the extra cost! It really seems like a really good stove though but was also told it would not be good to run in the summer time to heat my hot water and spa only.

mgw44

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 07:07:19 PM »

That is interesting. 

I live just north of Kalamazoo and my 100 was underutilized this winter.  We had about 6 days where it was really tested.  It was 0 degrees in the morning and the house was warm when we woke up.  If you are going to heat water and a house I would not suggest the 100.  You would probably like to go with the 200.  I just heat my house because I have a tankless propane water heater.  The distributor I use is Williams distributing just north of Grand Rapids.  They were very responsive when I needed a new flue cleaning brush.

mgw44

Hydronix

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Effecta
  • OWF Model: 35kw
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 10:14:10 AM »

I was just told today that they are not even selling 100 series in my area of Michigan (lower upper part)! It will not keep up in the cold weather. THought that was a little strange but I am shopping around for a new stove. Not sure if it worth the extra cost! It really seems like a really good stove though but was also told it would not be good to run in the summer time to heat my hot water and spa only.

Thats too bad, but it sounds like you spoke with a biased informant. They are very good units, I wouldn't be afraid to say in the top 10. The unit is only as good as the design or installer is. They can handle alot.

mw10737

• OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: 250 Deluxe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 06:46:35 PM »

Guys I have a Empyre 250( Non Gasser)  I love the unit,,,, no complaints and heating 3500sq ft house and 1000 sq Garage and heating hotr water with 5 people in house.  I burned 6 truck loads NON split all winter.And I live in NE Iowa... gets coldm winter was mild but I thought that that isnt much wood.... Unit is still running heating my DHW.  Goes 4 days before i need to add wood.  But im thinking its time to shut it down for the summer.  But i love the money I save on Elec bill when its heating my water.  All in all I will never buy anything but a EMPYRE Stainless model :thumbup:
Empyre Deluxe 250( NON-GASSER)
MS660 Magnum-36"
MS271-20"
018C-14"
2007 GMC Crew Cab Duramax
Plainfield, Iowa