Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: EPA is getting help  (Read 5069 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
EPA is getting help
« on: November 24, 2011, 07:53:09 AM »

I found out some shocking info.  Often you hear on here people blaming oil and such for owb regs.  I've often thought that owb's could never catchthe eye off an oil company.  However, what would you think if one of the largest producers in the outdoor boiler industry was in a sense leading the charge in working with the EPA on these regulation. 

Now before you say thats nuts, why would anyone making boilers do that?  Well the answer is quite simple, market domination.  There are very few companies that can afford the testing and cost of the new regs. So once they smother out all the little guys what they have is total market domination. 

I had often wondered about that, and my thoughts were confirmed after I talked to one of the biggest players in the industry.  Some of our very own are basically hanging the little guy out to dry to achieve market domination. 

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 07:56:08 AM by Scott7m »
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: EPA is getting help
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 08:11:46 AM »

Yeah, and they don't mind bragging about it either.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 08:54:19 AM »

I've often wondered bout that but never dug into it enough to find the truth until this week.  Sure enough. 

I just thought folks would find it interesting to know what's going on. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

R W Ohio

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 09:46:34 AM »

Scott,
Who was the big player and what Mfg. are you refering to?
RW
R W Ohio
Canal Fulton,Oh.
Hawken Energy GH1000 Installed 8/10/06

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 09:49:52 AM »

I'm not posting any names.  There the biggest company in the industry though.
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 10:34:56 AM »

Is it the one that is talking about starting to only manufacturing gasifiers?
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

rhugg

• OWF Brand: Legend
  • OWF Model: 6180
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 11:23:11 AM »

You will note in my 'Pennsylvania' message reply 2 days ago that I mentioned this strategy.  Campanies regularly try to use the government to 'specify out' the competition.  Like I said, the cost of testing and 'certification' will mean that we end up with fewer more costly choices.  I will guess that Central Boiler is using this strategy because they are the big dog and have some of the more costly boilers.

I promise you CB is not doing 'free consulting' for the good of the environment :-).

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 04:07:58 PM »

Is it the one that is talking about starting to only manufacturing gasifiers?

Yes sir.......

It's becoming all much clearer now that once they start getting there own pockets lined it's to hell with the reason we started our company to start with.  They and all boiler companies start by trying to make heating more affordable and make profit.  Guess that doesn't matter once you get big enough
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2011, 06:35:44 PM »

Wait a minute, ...... let me put on my "surprised"  face
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 09:14:05 AM »

I found out some shocking info.  Often you hear on here people blaming oil and such for owb regs.  I've often thought that owb's could never catchthe eye off an oil company.  However, what would you think if one of the largest producers in the outdoor boiler industry was in a sense leading the charge in working with the EPA on these regulation. 

Now before you say thats nuts, why would anyone making boilers do that?  Well the answer is quite simple, market domination.  There are very few companies that can afford the testing and cost of the new regs. So once they smother out all the little guys what they have is total market domination. 

I had often wondered about that, and my thoughts were confirmed after I talked to one of the biggest players in the industry.  Some of our very own are basically hanging the little guy out to dry to achieve market domination.
This is a plan that chemical companies have used for years. Main reason that refrigerants are continually phased out and new ones used. When patents get close to running out, they push for new, tougher regs.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 03:19:47 PM »

Tulenuntn, I'm sure when heat source one went down they said cha Ching, there is a little less comp, isn't that what you have?
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 05:00:04 PM »

Tulenuntn, I'm sure when heat source one went down they said cha Ching, there is a little less comp, isn't that what you have?
Funny you say that, the local Heatsource1 dealer here is pretty big and the same week Heatsource1 went under they got a dealership from the them.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 06:39:52 PM »

Funny you say that, the local Heatsource1 dealer here is pretty big and the same week Heatsource1 went under they got a dealership from the them.

See...   Central boiler needs a piece of pex up there hind end if you ask me.   I know all big corps operate this way but to know there bending every little man over the table kills me!  This is an industry I hoped wouldn't be that way as to the nature of the products requiring work and effort. 

I never had a problem with cb before and thought they built a dependable product.  Now I feel like saying anything positive about them is like helping them screw everyone! 
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 07:18:38 PM »

Don't let yourself be fooled into thinking that CB is the only one. They are just biggest one. I heard about this subject while I was at the farm show down at Louisville last winter. From what I understood, there will only be a small handful left in just a few years. There are dozens, if not hundreds of small "ma & pa" shops across the US that build OWB's that will probably be forced out first. These moves won't harm the Canadian manufacturers as badly. I hate gossip, but from what I've heard and now seen(Heatsource1), I have to believe there is a certain amount of truth in whats being typed in this thread.

Scott-I sent you a pm.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 07:31:31 PM by martyinmi »
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »

Seems like CB is the biggest one due to the advertisement that they invest in def...As a non CB owner, seems like majority of OWB's out there are CB..
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire
Pages: [1] 2