Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Get the word out  (Read 14058 times)

ckbetz

• View Profile
Get the word out
« on: November 06, 2008, 04:31:06 AM »

Folks,

I think we should get the word out about this site.  Someone has taken some time to start a great information site and we should use it.  Tell your OWB friends about it and send in some site suggestions.  I even know people who plan on trying to make electricity with an OWB so the possibilities may be endless.  We have have some experience in weird happenings or installs and could share some vital information to new and experienced users.  Let's try to make this a great resource for OWB owners on the web. 
Pomeroy, Ohio

Jason

• View Profile
Re: Get the word out
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 06:23:20 AM »

I agree totally.  I just found this site yesterday and have spent hours reading it.  I have a Hardy but am reading posts from the folks who have other brands as well because good information is good information.  We all have a furnace in our yard that is plumbed and wired to the house, and we all use splitters, chainsaws, and (hopefully) safety gear. 

This forum is just what I've been looking for as a source of information and a place to swap ideas with other people who would rather heat their houses with a little physical effort than with their checkbooks.  I plan on becoming a frequent visitor/contributor to this forum and will definately spread the word. 

To those who took the initiative to found and maintain this site:  great job and thanks!

-Jason
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

jon d

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »

Welcome to this site. There's lot's of info here each OWB. We do need more members!!!!!!! :thumbup:
jon d
Hawesville, Kentucky
Central boiler 5036 installed in 09

ckbetz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 05:05:24 PM »

Welcome Jason, wouldn't it be cool if some reps from the different manufacturers would also come aboard and help us poor folks out with information sometime?
Pomeroy, Ohio

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 05:40:35 PM »

That's a good idea.  Some reps and/or dealers available to answer basic questions would be nice. :post:
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

jon d

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »

Put a post on Hearth.com boileroom site inviting other OWB users. I saw this site early in my shopping for info on OWB's then couldn't find it later. Maybe this will help others!!!
jon d
Hawesville, Kentucky

Dirtslinger

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 04:53:41 PM »

Put a post on Hearth.com boileroom site inviting other OWB users. I saw this site early in my shopping for info on OWB's then couldn't find it later. Maybe this will help others!!!
Good luck with that site most users there don't like OWB's

I hope this site stays around it is the first thing I check when I start up the com.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:06:08 PM by Dirtslinger »
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

jon d

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 06:54:27 PM »

Dirtslinger , your right, if i ever post on that site, i usually expect to get slammed for my choise of none-gasifier/none epa rated OWB's.  But I have chatted with regular OWB users there.  I was just trying to show them our site!!!
jon d
Hawesville, Kentucky

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 06:58:45 PM »

Be careful.  The environmental wackos might spike your woodpile.  Oh wait-did I type that out loud?   >:D
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

jon d

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2009, 05:35:23 AM »

Be careful.  The environmental wackos might spike your woodpile.  Oh wait-did I type that out loud?   >:D
  That didn't take long----Got slammed by the Hearth!!! :bash:
jon d
Hawesville, Kentucky

603doug

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2009, 11:04:36 AM »

I visit both site daily and you are right about owb. I have a wood doc converter that is a gassifer and I guess if you are not indoors and have 20000 gal storage, 3000 controls and a phd in wood science you just ain't right ;D. No I am kidding both sites have been very helpful and there are folks on hearth who have wood burning down to a science and get every btu out of their wood. Today it is 5 degrees and the house is 72 f and I have not burn a btu of propane and "life is good"

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »

Jon- what exactly are the Hearth folks saying?  I'm not familliar with that site.
Jason-Pittsburgh, PA

jon d

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 07:02:35 AM »

Jon- what exactly are the Hearth folks saying?  I'm not familliar with that site.
Most topics cover wood gasification boilers.  Good site with alot of info, but there is not alot of topics chatting about what I call "regular OWB's" When I first started looking for a site, I wanted one that had members that had the boiler I was using, and i found it here!!!! 
jon d
Hawesville, Kentucky

Scratch

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CB6048
    • View Profile
    • Edge Metalworks
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2009, 08:12:47 PM »

Boy I tell ya... about a month ago when I first joined this site.  It was still kinda slow.  It might be a couple days or so before there was a new post.  Now look at it.  It's definitely getting alot busier.  Lots of great input and ideas getting thrown out. 

Awesome!

I love the internet...  ;D
Hudson, WI

ckbetz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 08:32:20 PM »

I was thinking the same thing this past week or two.  Sometimes you just have to keep pluggin away and be patient.  I always thought there was a place on the net for this forum, I'm glad it's getting used, and hope it gets bigger and bigger.
Pomeroy, Ohio
Pages: [1] 2