Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: I think my g-200 has brain damage  (Read 3894 times)

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
I think my g-200 has brain damage
« on: November 05, 2018, 06:00:46 AM »

So this weekend i finally got around to giving the boiler it's fall once over before I light it for the season. The oo7 pump I have for a recirculator was dead so I changed it out. I pulled the fan door off and made sure everything in there was clean and working properly. Checked the damper plate and it was clean and free. I turned the power switch on and the logo control lit up but there was nothing on the screen. The red light is flashing like it does when it's cold. The cold start button is not working either. The fan comes on if you open the bypass handle. I pulled the control panel off and checked the fuses and they are fine. Everything looks clean and in proper order in there. I turned it on/off several times but still nothing on the screen. Starting to think the logo control is bad? Stove build date is 10/2015.
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: I think my g-200 has brain damage
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 05:59:20 PM »

I assume you tried turning off the power and turning back on. If not I would try that first.
If the display is dead then you will probably want to replace it since it would be annoying not to be able to see what is going on. It could be that the rest of the controller is still working and there is another problem too. If you want to check it out and possibly get it running with the bad display, I would open the panel back up and touch a jumper across the cold start button to make sure that is not the problem. If that does nothing then try jumpering out the low water sensor. If neither of those make any difference then it is probably just a dead controller.

BIG AL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 07:27:40 PM »

Thanks RSI I tried everything I could think of before I called my local dealer to see what he came up with. Steve called Heatmaster and they said replace the control. Still not sure why it went bad after 3 years but apparently it did and I guess they have a new control with an upgrade. See how that works.
SE Mass
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

schoppy

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 09:37:00 PM »

You said the pump was dead also? Any chance you received a lightning strike, either direct or nearby over the off season? I always disconnect all cords at the stove and flip the breaker off also during the off season.
Husqvarna 562XP
Echo CS-361P
Echo CS-310
31 ton splitter

Mike Watkins

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 08:04:47 PM »

Mine does too... have brain damage - just not quite the same symptoms...
Stove working fine this morning. Get back tonight and, out of habit, throw the bypass handle but the exhaust fan doesn't start.
Confused and, forgetting my Logo 6 control display doesn't work any more, I check it and "Lo" there are numbers there !!!  It has been dead since I fired up this season.
Once I get over the shock of that, I realize the temp says 141, the damper says 100 - but - damper is not running.  Hmmm!
Damper looks to be fully open but still no fan. All I can think to do is shut it off, give it a minute or two to reset, then try again.
Control display panel works again - yeah! Damper doesn't, bypass handle doesn't.  Darn!
Damper plates do open and close when I switch on/off.
Anyone got any clues what to do here?

schoppy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 08:36:51 PM »

Call your dealer or the factory, they've always been helpful to me.
Husqvarna 562XP
Echo CS-361P
Echo CS-310
31 ton splitter

RSI

• OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 10:26:46 PM »

Mine does too... have brain damage - just not quite the same symptoms...
Stove working fine this morning. Get back tonight and, out of habit, throw the bypass handle but the exhaust fan doesn't start.
Confused and, forgetting my Logo 6 control display doesn't work any more, I check it and "Lo" there are numbers there !!!  It has been dead since I fired up this season.
Once I get over the shock of that, I realize the temp says 141, the damper says 100 - but - damper is not running.  Hmmm!
Damper looks to be fully open but still no fan. All I can think to do is shut it off, give it a minute or two to reset, then try again.
Control display panel works again - yeah! Damper doesn't, bypass handle doesn't.  Darn!
Damper plates do open and close when I switch on/off.
Anyone got any clues what to do here?

Did you check the plug to the fan motor? If that is ok, I would check the fan fuse.

E Yoder

• OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2018, 01:41:53 AM »

I would agree, sounds like a fan fuse is blown.
Make sure the fan wheel is clean and freely turning and check the fan fuse behind the control cover, it should be on a black wire. I think it's a 2 amp slow blow. In a pinch I've used a 3 amp regular one.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

BIG AL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 07:13:21 AM »

At least yours works , I wish that was the only problem I was having. I wish someone from steeltech would call me back with an answer to fix it. I know electronics fail and I just wish that there was a schematic so I could trace out the problem.
SE Mass