Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sidearm water heat exchanges are great  (Read 1621 times)

Jared43758

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C250
    • View Profile
Sidearm water heat exchanges are great
« on: November 21, 2015, 08:49:58 AM »

Just wanted to share my experience with my sidearm. I read where the plate exchanges are great but besides being very expensive they plug up if your water isn't pure. I have city water at my house and it's terrible so I knew it would plug, so I went with the sidearm. The one I got is 30inch long copper and nothing fancy. Around $40 and it's just 3/4 inside of 1 1/2.  I just have it hooked up where my hot stove water ru a though it before it gets to my furnace. I don't have a addition circulator pump I just let nature take its course. Heat raises and forces the cool water down and causes a natural circulation in my water tank.  Before I've read where the plate exchanges are instant and the sidearms work but are slow. I don't really agree with that. Now I did get a long side arm. They make pretty short ones so results may very with those. Within less than a hr my  domestic hot water was extremely warm and has never had any issue keeping up. My wife has showered, then gave my daughter a bath, washed cloths and ran the dishwasher and right after that I took a shower and still had really hot water.  Never had to wait for it to heat up. Also my pump is a 3 speed and I have it on the lowest speed and it still works great. I say this cause I assume the faster your water circulates the faster it'll heat your water. Could be wrong though. Anyways I'm glad I went with the sidearm exchanger. Lots cheaper, heats all the water in my tank and have never ran out of hot water yet.
Stihl MS290
Stihl MS660 Magnum
Husky 21 ton splitter

Southeast Ohio