Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Oh Crap, Water in my underground lines  (Read 8902 times)

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
Re: Oh Crap, Water in my underground lines
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2015, 12:40:41 PM »

You can try drying it out, but I'm guessing you may be making a contribution to the underground line industry sometime in the near future.

Chicken farmer

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2015, 06:48:08 PM »

Disclaimer: I am, in no way, attemping to start a fight or cause emotional upheaval. I am also NOT affiliated with Ridgewood or any of the "endorsed" installers.

I still have trouble seeing that it is up to Ridgewood Factory to make it right. I do however feel for you, intensedrive. I also feel that you are absolutely correct in wanting to have an install issue corrected. I almost bought the same pipe you have, but after reading post after post after post after post about not skimping on the underground lineset and going with a well regarded brand of manufactured pipe, I chose Centeral Boiler's Thermopex. The same dealer had Logstor in stock also. Ridgewood may have recommended this particular installer, but is under no obligation to make it right, in my opinion. I assume the pipe is Z-supply that Ridgewood carries. If so, Ridgewood supplied a product that can work, as seen by many folks that have it. So, it's not really a product issue more of an install issue, which, again, Ridgewood cannot be held liable for. Now, they (Ridgewood) can put pressure on the installer to make it right or loose the dealership status. Still, I am curious to see what Craig will have to say.......I, personally, am happy with the stove and the service I got from Ridgewood. I had some issues with controllers and solenoids, all of which were taken care of, no questions asked. It's an entry level stove, with no bells and whistles, and was thousands and thousands fo dollars less than the high end stoves, so I can eat some inconvenience and not be too upset......Keep us posted!!
30 yrs burning wood - new to the boiler scene
Midwestern Ohio

intensedrive

• OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2015, 11:39:22 PM »

I understand your angle, how do you put pressure on the installer they fired a year ago that did my install?  How does that work?  The new installer informed me of all his mistakes when he replaced the whole boiler last year.  In my book your points are null and void.  Does a manufacturer not get finders fee, or kick backs from his installer?  If you recommend a installer in your local area, I would image the manufacturer and installer consult daily,  he his picking up the boiler from the plant to the customer.  We are not talking about out of state work, we are talking local installer dealing with the company each day.  I will keep everyone informed.

Disclaimer: I am, in no way, attemping to start a fight or cause emotional upheaval. I am also NOT affiliated with Ridgewood or any of the "endorsed" installers.

I still have trouble seeing that it is up to Ridgewood Factory to make it right. I do however feel for you, intensedrive. I also feel that you are absolutely correct in wanting to have an install issue corrected. I almost bought the same pipe you have, but after reading post after post after post after post about not skimping on the underground lineset and going with a well regarded brand of manufactured pipe, I chose Centeral Boiler's Thermopex. The same dealer had Logstor in stock also. Ridgewood may have recommended this particular installer, but is under no obligation to make it right, in my opinion. I assume the pipe is Z-supply that Ridgewood carries. If so, Ridgewood supplied a product that can work, as seen by many folks that have it. So, it's not really a product issue more of an install issue, which, again, Ridgewood cannot be held liable for. Now, they (Ridgewood) can put pressure on the installer to make it right or loose the dealership status. Still, I am curious to see what Craig will have to say.......I, personally, am happy with the stove and the service I got from Ridgewood. I had some issues with controllers and solenoids, all of which were taken care of, no questions asked. It's an entry level stove, with no bells and whistles, and was thousands and thousands fo dollars less than the high end stoves, so I can eat some inconvenience and not be too upset......Keep us posted!!

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2015, 05:43:35 AM »

I think unfortunately it boils down to the fact that they were not employed by Ridgewood, I would say if they were on the payroll or even sub contracted out you would have a better chance of getting the issue fixed.
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

CRJR

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »

My thoughts are yes the pipe should have never been cut that close to the ground. But why you didn't question it 2 years ago when it was installed?  I don't understand why it didn't click that it should have been addressed when it was first installed. it's  a pipe that runs from the outdoors to your basement its direct path for mice and moisture to come in your house. I don't think you need to be a "licensed installer" or a " professional" to point out the obvious but apparently I'm wrong.  I hope this dosent piss to many people off but oh ya I don't care if it does

Chicken farmer

• OWF Model: 2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2015, 03:53:55 PM »

In my book your points are null and void.

Got it.
30 yrs burning wood - new to the boiler scene
Midwestern Ohio

jamesbodeis

• OWF Model: 7500
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2015, 06:02:47 PM »

Did you get anywhere with this? Just curious.
Ridgewood 7500

The thumb of michigan.

Jonsered 2260
Husqvarna 455 Rancher- stolen =(
Pages: 1 2 [3]