Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: mf 5000 door adjustment  (Read 2716 times)

truecountry

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF5000 SS
    • View Profile
mf 5000 door adjustment
« on: January 06, 2014, 08:12:02 PM »

I know I should call dealer but yall are quicker to get to and can tell me better word for word then cell phone call that sucks here ...I noticed tonite I saw smoke wisping from top left of door and bottom right ...I work from 5am til 5pm and whats easiest way to adjust door its going to be 10 here tonite and tomorrow I need this fixed

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
Re: mf 5000 door adjustment
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 07:52:49 AM »

I've been running my stove since October, and I've had small wisps of smoke coming out of mine, even after I adjusted my door.  I think small wisps coming out, is ok.  It is still tight enough not to let air in.  Those wisps are leaking out because the stove is almost pressurized when the fan is running, and it forces some smoke out.  But, it isn't an air leak.

Anyway, if you want to adjust your door, you adjust the 2 nuts that are on the flange that the door hooks on.  You don't adjust the actual handle.  The cap nut on top loosens and moves in and out when loosened.  Loosen the nuts (top and bottom), adjust inward 1/8" only, then re-tighten.  Don't move more than 1/8" at a time.  The same thing works for the ash pan. 
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

duke

• OWF Model: MF5000
    • View Profile
Re: mf 5000 door adjustment
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 08:06:31 PM »

My stove does this as well, I was wondering if it was getting close to time to replace door seal? This is first year I've noticed the puffs of smoke coming out door. I'm in my 4th season.
06 Duramax
08 Polaris Ranger XP
MS 310
28 ton Swisher