Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Manufacturer List  (Read 22042 times)

Dug Hoz

• View Profile
Re: Manufacturer List
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 08:52:33 PM »

PLEASE add Heat Source 1 and Greenwood to the Manufacturer's lists.  I really need to learn more about both.  Heck, I need to just LEARN more, period.  I am in the market for an efficient OWB to heat a 2400 sq ft home and an 864 sq ft shop/business I am going to build soon, probably with radiant heat.

Gflorante

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 08:11:36 PM »

I accede too that account may be a acceptable thing..we could see votes for and adjoin by absolute owners.

markc

• Training Wheels
  • coalman 400,000 stoker,coal,pellets,biomass
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 10:09:01 AM »

HOW DO YOU ADD A MANUFACTURE TO THE LIST( HEAT INNOVATIONS)

MARKC
markc. coalman 400,000 stoker boiler
once you burnt black you never go back
http://www.outdoorstokerboilersofky.com/

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 11:49:28 AM »

I think it would be nice to have some kind of map/list of dealers so people can look and see what local options they have.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Yooper

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »

I don't own an outside wood boiler, but have been reading about them for some time.  One that seems to be the best, but is like a Rolls Royce is the Garn.  It's big bucks.   This one is a little different in that you have a good burn once a day and then just use the hot water until you burn again.  They are huge.  They have really big tanks.  the Garn unit has been around for years and is a very interesting machine.  I suggest you make a site for these.  I found no reference to the Garn on your site.

gspren

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: ML 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2011, 05:27:32 AM »

I don't see much posted about Portage & Main, are they rare or is it because they don't have a place on the list? I have only had mine burning for 6 days so far but I am impressed with it.
Portage & Main ML30
Stihl 261
Stihl 044 (15 years old)
Stihl 041 (30 years old)
Yamaha Kodiak 4 Wheeler
John Deere 2355 4x4 loader tractor
70 acres (23 wooded)

wmcnees

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2011, 08:11:25 PM »

Can you add taylor owb to the list? Thanks

candyman

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: earth outdoor wood furnace
  • OWF Model: mountain man 505
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 04:33:03 AM »

would you please add........

www.earthwoodfurnace.com

thanks,

candyman
http.www.earthwoodfurnace.com/
Mountain man 505

dealer for earth outdoor wood furnaces
Ohio

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 08:13:46 AM »

would you please add........

www.earthwoodfurnace.com

thanks,

candyman

Done.  I like the wood sided one, that looks pretty cool.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2011, 10:43:34 AM »

Hello PhinPhan,

Being a newbie on this website, I tend to agree with everything these other posters have said.  I think having a "manufactures" only page or list is a swell idea.  I've been spending the last couple weeks reading over everyone's comments on many of the pages and have learned tid bits from each and everyone of them.

The only thing I tend to disagree with, and this type of thing happens on "any" given website are the folks who will complain about another manufacturer's product.  Take for instance my having a Shaver and wanting to improve upon it...I've seen posters who actually put down a subscriber only because that person bought a Shaver to save money on the initial outlay of funds.  Now I know that no one can stop all of these complainers, BUT if complainer does NOT have that manufacture's product, why are they complaining about it? 

This being said, I do think all the ideas that these folks have come up with pertaining to this thread are great ideas.  Better ways of plumbing; savings in plumbing one way or another; differences in thermostats; etc...so many varieties of ideas to utilize on this website and I'm proud to be a part of it. 

I'm not certain what I can offer on here as I'm new to this outdoor wood furnace thing, but if I can be of assistance to anyone, just drop me a note.

Lugnut

( you may call me Jerry)   :D
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Shaver Pro series 250 - Installed 10/28/2011
Cub Cadet / Yanmar 2450  sub-compact tractor
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 w/207k miles

Ridgekid

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 11:08:07 AM »

"Jerry"

A lot of opinions are shared on here and controlled by the Moderators/Administrator. As a moderator, I view the posts and make sure they are not personal attacks to any of it's members and proper etiquette is used. As long as it remains in that guideline, opinions are accepted.

Your tool, found in every post, is to report to moderator anything that does fit that guideline. We can then evaluate the situation and act upon it based on it's contents.

Enjoy the site!

PhinPhan

• OWF Brand: WoodMaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnace Info
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 11:44:19 AM »

"Jerry"

A lot of opinions are shared on here and controlled by the Moderators/Administrator. As a moderator, I view the posts and make sure they are not personal attacks to any of it's members and proper etiquette is used. As long as it remains in that guideline, opinions are accepted.

Your tool, found in every post, is to report to moderator anything that does fit that guideline. We can then evaluate the situation and act upon it based on it's contents.

Enjoy the site!

Ditto what RidgeKid said.

Also, that is the nature of a message board, is people get to share their opinions and thoughts, good or bad.  I agree that if you don't own or never had experience with a specific brand/product then you shouldn't make a comment about it's quality.  Like RidgeKid said above, if you see something inappropriate use the report to moderator link and we will review the post in question. 

I hope you continue to use the site and share your thoughts and ideas.
Pomeroy, OH
WoodMaster 4400

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 09:16:59 AM »

Agreed to both PhinPhan and Ridgekid....I understand we all have opinions, but such as reading the comments regarding the Shaver furnace titled under the heading "I hate my Shaver furnace,"  some of the comments there were a bit over board.  Actually I was surprised that some of the comments were not flagged.  I do tend to agree though that most posters/posts tend to take care of themselves...AND this site is not unlike nay other website...everyone isdifferent and as we all know from being on the internet for this long...one cannot see the others facial expressions or eye4s when replying to posts.

This being said, I AM quite content in being part of this website and I have AND will learn lots from all the knowledge on here.

Lugnut  :-)
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Shaver Pro series 250 - Installed 10/28/2011
Cub Cadet / Yanmar 2450  sub-compact tractor
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 w/207k miles

WMSmoke

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2011, 09:15:12 PM »