Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: nice setup  (Read 5221 times)

rosewood

• View Profile
nice setup
« on: December 21, 2010, 05:36:47 PM »

stopped by a guy i khows house to pick up front end and he showed me his barn,over in side wall he cut in the face of his wood furnace. the remaining 3rd of the furnace was outside.is was trimmed out real nice,i think it was a woodmaster with a smoke by-pass door so it didn't fill the shop with smoke.  he also had a basket cage that held a week or two's worth of wood that he brings in with his bobcat. just thought it was cool....maybe someone else has a set up like this?

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
Re: nice setup
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 10:04:53 AM »

My furnace is outside, but I do use pallets nailed together for my wood racks. I move them with forks on tractor. Real handy and I can park them where I want.

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 05:48:14 PM »

Mine is outside as well.  I was going to build large metal 4x4x4 cubes that held half a cord at once and pick them up and move them around with a skid loader (that I don't have yet).  My new plan is to buy a handful of M105 1-1/2 ton trailers and load them up with wood (about a cord each unstacked).  I picked one of those trailers up for $170 recently, and I figure a half dozen or so outta do me for a year at a time.  I can drag a trailer up along side my furnace as necessary.  This will be a far cheaper option than buying a skid loader  :)

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »

Mine is outside as well.  I was going to build large metal 4x4x4 cubes that held half a cord at once and pick them up and move them around with a skid loader (that I don't have yet).  My new plan is to buy a handful of M105 1-1/2 ton trailers and load them up with wood (about a cord each unstacked).  I picked one of those trailers up for $170 recently, and I figure a half dozen or so outta do me for a year at a time.  I can drag a trailer up along side my furnace as necessary.  This will be a far cheaper option than buying a skid loader  :)
Sounds like a plan. I was looking to build a wood shed at boiler, but have decided to downsize it to a more manageable size to hold maybe 3-4 pallets and keep rain off me when I fill it. Original plan was to build a 20 x 30 or so. I would like to get a hold of some pallettainers as there called to pile wood in. your trailer idea sounds intriquing too. HMMMMMMMMM what to use as an excuse for multiple trailers......

gyro684

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 11:26:57 AM »

I have my boiler part way inside my wood shed also wood shed is 12x18 fully inclosed lean two style shed it will hold about 4 cord of wood I have a 9 ft sliding door on the high side and a small walk in door on the low side right off the driveway. i have a greenhouse exust fan in the roof streight above boiler door to vent any smoke out of the shed. built this like this so the wife would be out of the weather when she has to load the stove. I will try to get some photos loaded.
Ken G
sidney Oh
central boiler 5036
stihl farm boss