Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: New to site-Buying a Cl 5036  (Read 20529 times)

rosewood

• View Profile
Re: New to site-Buying a Cl 5036
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 04:07:09 PM »

no way 15 cords! not with 2k sq ft house 2x6. your in the ball park 8 cords. anyone who uses that much wood should fix the main problem...get some new windows,doors,and insulation.

MTJAG

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CL5036
  • CB 5036, Husky 450, Montana 2740 4WD,100% off grid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 07:30:09 PM »

You are certainly welcome to use it as you wish.  I agree with your thoughts.  Our intellect has been dulled with a culture of consumption and we seldom think beyond meeting our temporal desires.  To consider the real value of something means we have to look beyond our immediate desires.
Hey, thanks for the comment!
"a man is no fool to give up what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose"

MTJAG

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 07:40:07 PM »

no way 15 cords! not with 2k sq ft house 2x6. your in the ball park 8 cords. anyone who uses that much wood should fix the main problem...get some new windows,doors,and insulation.

Hey, I hope you are right.  This is new construction (2008), with really good windows and doors and foam insulation.  Also, the house is solar passive design, so we get alot of sun in the southwest windows which heats up the house pretty good in the winter.  The problem is once the sun goes down here in the west at 8600' elevation, the real temperture sets in.

Ridgekid

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 08:34:23 PM »

Found another source for Firewood. Triaxle of timber = 8 Cords= $550.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered. He's back logged right now and it could take a month before I see it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:37:07 AM by Ridgekid »

Ridgekid

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 06:42:09 AM »

Not this week. Our boilers didn't get into the distributror until April 5th. (was due April 1st) and they are booked with jobs this week. In addition my "lifting device" moved off site (two doors down) to work another job somewhere else. His next availibity is unknown. He will be back to install a Sand mound, but not until the weather gets drier.

In the meantime my son will get his Thermo-pex from the dealer and get it installed. Then we'll just have to hurry up and wait.

Ridgekid

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 08:18:14 PM »

A date has been set! April 13th. We had to hire a differant escavator which I'm sure was more $ than waiting for the guy working two doors down. $100 transport fee for the equipment. $65 hour. Should be boiling water Wednesday night.

My son ran up for his thermo-pex this evening. Took a picture of the boliers sitting side by side with his camera phone. (If not following thread he has the 4030 and I'm getting the 5036.) I added the picture to my album.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 07:55:01 AM by Ridgekid »

MTJAG

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 07:48:39 AM »

Ridgekid, sounds like we are similar time tables for installation. My 5036 is on the way now and I should see it around Wednesday of next week as well.  The pad is ready, the trenches are ready, and I am ready. 
I went out yesterday to the National Forest and started cutting some downed ponderosa pine.  Just got one load to add to my three existing cords.  My plan is to have about 10 cords by the end of May.

Ridgekid

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 08:25:33 AM »

I hope to have about the same by the end of May. We are boaters and I don't want to spend the summer cutting firewood.

If possible, gets some pics!!

MTJAG

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 10:22:48 PM »

Yes, I will take some pictures and post them...you do the same.
I don't intend to spend the summer gathering firewood either, though I do want to get a very large jump on it by the end of May. 

Ridgekid

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 05:39:22 AM »

Tomorrow is the BIG day!

The wife wants to be here for the big event so she is calling off work. I told her she is respondsible for pictures as they set the unit. I took a vacation day.

My elevation is 2000 ft. Night time highs will be in the 30's in Pittsburgh, so I guess I'll have to fire it it when they are done. Forecast is the same for the following 5 days. You know how it is in the mountains. Around here I'm usually 8 degrees cooler than Pittsburgh-year round.

dirtryder

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 09:21:38 AM »

Good for you Ridgekid  :thumbup:
Yes, you "have" to light it up.....don't want to be cold.....never can tell this time of year.
Sorry to say, but I have a feeling you will be wishing for next winter all summer long ;)

Ridgekid

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 09:36:42 AM »

I hear ya brother!

They will be here at 8am. My son just emailed me and confirmed ours will be unloaded first. "Lifting device" arrives at 9am. After they are both set,  I'm guessing they will finish installation on ours. He lives in a trailer and it's going to be a little cold and damp in the morning. I offer a warm dry basement.

Pictures hopefully to be posted by late evening...........

MTJAG

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2011, 07:55:16 AM »

Ridgekid,
Congratuations!  My dealer called me yesterday and told me it will be another week before he can deliver my 5036.  Thankfully, it has warmed here over the past few days, down to 22 last night and up to 55 for daytime highs.  Although, we are forecast for snow here in the mountain elevations for tonight.  This is always a rough time in the Rockies, because some days are so great with clear blue skies and you're thinking..."maybe I should go ahead and plant the garden"....then the next day, you have two feet of cold white stuff everywhere.  So, it is the 'tween days of spring here.  Plant or build a fire?

Ridgekid

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 11:48:20 AM »

We are cooking water!

About two hours ago they completed my install and I started the fire (going to be low 30's tonight). The water from my well was 52F and it's up to 120F already. Watching the thermovalve to see when it will start sending water to the HTX. Then I'm turning up the thermostat.

Pictures are taken and will be posted later.

dirtryder

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2011, 01:22:47 PM »

Cool, you're gonna wonder why you waited so long to get one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4