Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fire Goes Out Regulary  (Read 4702 times)

burwell

• View Profile
Fire Goes Out Regulary
« on: May 07, 2011, 06:56:08 AM »

I replaced my old Empyre furnace with an E-classic 1400 at at Christmas time and its taking some time to get used to. The old Empyre with a damper draft I threw whatever size or kind of wood in and never had to look at it again till the next firing. The E-classis I found that it is very hard to start if the fire goes out and the wood must be spit very fine to keep the fire going. If I pile round pieces ( 6 INCHES OR LARGER) of unspit wood into the fire box the bottom row will burn then the top rows will jam up and not fall down as the fire burns and eventually go out. Now that the house is not calling for much heat the fire is going out a couple of times a day and I'm continously checking the fire and having to relight the thing. Very frustrated and wish I had my old furnace back. Any suggestions would be appreicated.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Fire Goes Out Regulary
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 08:42:32 AM »

How dry is the wood?

burwell

• View Profile
Re: Fire Goes Out Regulary
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 09:31:33 AM »

I'm mixing dry oak and dry pine now and in the cold weather I was burning just dry oak. All I'm running now is the hot water, dryer and whatever the house needs for heat which is only at night.............I still don't understand when the furnace is burning why the wood does not seem to drop down as it burns.