Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Are nc good wood boilers?  (Read 8900 times)

tanner

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Legend
  • OWF Model: 4135
    • View Profile
Are nc good wood boilers?
« on: June 07, 2012, 08:20:44 PM »

I have posted on earth site asking about the earth boilers and the reason why i figerd i would post on this site is bc i had called a earth dealer and he also dealed in nc.  I was looking at them and there preaty good looking boilers.  I was just wondering if anybody had any good info on the 175.  I was wondering if there worth there money and somthing that is reliable for along period of time. thanks any info will help.

artbaldoni

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-175 Modified to burn coal and/or wood.
  • Continuously burning since 2010!
    • View Profile
Re: Are nc good wood boilers?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »

All I know is my NC175 has been running non stop since I installed it Dec 2010. No issues whatsoever!  :thumbup:
Nature's Comfort  NCB-175
Dolmar 5105 20"
Makita DCS6401 28"
1995 5/8 ton Dodge
7 x 14 10k Trailer
Bobcat 7753 w/EEL Tracks
22T Huskee Splitter
Fiskars X-27
Fiskars X-11
15 # Monster Maul
Titan 60"  Twin Cyl. Root Grapple

tanner

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 04:01:24 PM »

That's good to here I just eons buy something reliable the 175 is prob biggie than what I need bc my house ant but 1200 sqft and I wona heat my water but I looked at the 120 and I didn't like the looks of it.

tanner

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 07:58:55 PM »

How is the grates on the bc. Just ceriouse does it loose much heat out the ash door?

tanner

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 08:19:43 PM »

Has anyone had any trouble loading the 175 bc from the looks of it it looks like it would be hard to fill allthe way up without haveing alittle agrvation?

Guru

• View Profile
    • Mike's Advanced Heating
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 06:58:25 AM »

The NCB-120 is an excellent boiler!  I have sold several of the NCB-120s and alll my customers love them.
Mike
Nature's Comfort Territory Manager
Caro MI
http://www.mikesadvancedheating.com/

artbaldoni

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-175 Modified to burn coal and/or wood.
  • Continuously burning since 2010!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 04:11:36 PM »

No trouble with the 175 at all. Suggest placing it a little higher than the surrounding grade so you won't have to stoop to fill it.  :thumbup:
Nature's Comfort  NCB-175
Dolmar 5105 20"
Makita DCS6401 28"
1995 5/8 ton Dodge
7 x 14 10k Trailer
Bobcat 7753 w/EEL Tracks
22T Huskee Splitter
Fiskars X-27
Fiskars X-11
15 # Monster Maul
Titan 60"  Twin Cyl. Root Grapple

kjw58

• OWF Brand: Natures Comfort
  • OWF Model: 275G- Coal Burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 06:27:43 AM »

I have the GT-220 gassifier, two years on it and running good so far   :thumbup:
S.E. Mich.
New Holland TC40DA
IH 464 w/2250 Loader
6 x 10 Dump Trailer
2 Stihl 261's
Poulan 3400 & 3700
Poulan 2150
Homelite Super XL

tanner

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 06:36:49 PM »

I went and looked at the 175 and I like it but the only thing is it looked like it would be hard to fill all the way up with wood. I liked the 250 looked eazy to load I just don't know if I would ever ha 6000 ft for it to heat. I know this would be hard to get a answer four but how much wood did y'all use last year? The reason why I ask is bc the dealer I talked to said he used a log truckload of wood last winter with a 175 and to me that seemed a lot for no colder it got this past winter?

Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 06:21:14 AM »

All of the boilers are built in Indiana now.  The NCB-250 is a great boiler.  I used one and had no problem loading it.  It has a large door for laoding and you can throw 4' long pieces in it.  The NCB-250 is the same boiler as the NCB-175 but a foot longer.
Mike
Caro MI

Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 09:47:03 AM »

Wow, I feel sorry for the manufactures that build wood boilers with out grates.  How does the wood burn?  Lol  The only wood that didn't burn in my NCB-250 was water logged.

All conventional (updraft) wood boilers work on the same premis, add wood, fire, air and try to extract as much heat as possible before the gasses excape out the chimney.  Nature's Comfort has invested a lot of time and money in the developement of the NCB series wood boilers.  They used computer modeling to show the flow of the water through the water jacket and used diverters to force the water in the hot areas to extract as much heat as possible.  Even the chimney water jacket was computer modeled to promote water heat extraction.

I have been a territory manager for Nature's Comfort since 2008 and I can tell you that the latest generation of NCB boilers are a very well designed boiler.  Not only did Nature's Comfort try to make a wood boiler with all the engineered benifits but they also listened to the customer feed back and implimented common sense features.  The boilers are lazer cut, and robot welded.  The craftsmenship of the parts are consistant enough to exchage from one unit to another without any misalignment.  The electronics are simple in design yet versatile enough to allow a generator back up.

With all that said, I also know the some of the other manufactures also build a good quality wood boiler.  It all comes down to the customer preference and the biggest bang for the money.  Its no different than Chevy vs Ford or Dogde!
Mike
Caro MI

Guru

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 06:44:14 AM »

Scott7m, I am sorry to hear about your misfortunes!
I only sold 1 NCB-120 in 2008.  It is a neighbor of mine who owns it.  He hasn't had any issues with the front door warping or any of the problems you indicated.   He is heating a 1600 ft house, DHW and plans to heat his garage also this year.  He is very happy with the performance of the NCB-120.
Since 2008 Nature's Comfort has redesigned the NCB-120 and it is one of my best sellers.  It is a very good entry level wood boiler with a price under $5000.
Sincerely,
Mike
Mike
Caro MI