Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: To dealers, how are sales this year?  (Read 4268 times)

yoderheating

• View Profile
To dealers, how are sales this year?
« on: September 22, 2011, 09:43:32 PM »

I am a dealer for Heat Master here in Virginia and was wondering how other dealers are doing this year. I was wondering how this year compares to years in the past.
 For me this year has been very slow so far but in the last few weeks my sales are getting a little better. I think I've sold 5 this week so maybe things are going to start turning around a little.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

scissorbill

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: To dealers, how are sales this year?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 04:13:22 PM »

Comment removed by Ridgekid. No personal attacks allowed!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 04:44:53 PM by Ridgekid »

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 05:24:06 PM »

Things were fast and furious last week, sold 6.  Not even got a call in the past few days though!  Thats how it goes. 

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 06:52:40 PM »

Hey yoderheating..Have you been affected by the EPA..Not that I'm a dealer..But my state (New Hampshire)..Only the sale of epa 2 are allowed ..From what I understand after this yr  from what Ive been told by a CB dealer..Only epa 2 can be sold nation wide..not sure how true it is
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 07:38:41 PM »

there is a lot of stuff in the rumor mill...   who knows what will actually happen.. they were saying that 2013 would be the last year for the traditional wood boiler, but the last word i had heard was that the obama czars may be backing off there stance on that.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens

i know that every where you turn these days there is some lil pee on government official standing there with his hand out wanting you to get this or get that, even running a small business is absolutely crazy with the crap we have to put up with.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 09:10:31 PM »

There are some in the Obama administration that sure would like to make sure we are all forced to but energy from the big corporations and could no longer produce heat from wood. I want to thank my freshman congressman, Morgan Griffith who I campaigned for a year ago. He has gone after the epa with a vengeance.
 I don't expect the epa to crack down unless Obama is re-elected. He is already starting up his campaign and really isn't going to go out of his way to piss off a huge group of people. If he is re-elected I expect we will see some action from the epa within a year. Just have to wait and see what happens.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Ridgekid

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 10:06:25 PM »

I think the EPA involvement of OWB is a joke anyway. How did they get involved? If I had to point fingers I would put the blame on those who installed them in residential neighborhoods and burned green wood. I would be pissed too, if I looked out in the backyard and saw nothing but smoke all the time.  They ruined it for us "country folk" who's closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away. I say let every dealer go to a customers home and properly decide whats best for the nieghborhood. Standard or Gasification. The key is proper installation (IE chimney hieght) and proper seasoning of wood.  Period!

To be honest, I really didn't know anything about Phase II OWB until I decided to buy one. Probably never would have if I had to spend another $3k+. I just squeaked in under the wire as PA started enforcing the new standards May 31st.

I need a bumper sticker that Say's " I support OWB's!"  lol
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 07:26:22 AM by Ridgekid »

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 05:26:43 AM »

Ridgekid, you make some very good points. I know I have turned down jobs because I could see the furnace would be a problem in a neighborhood. For example, one place I looked at the homes were so close together I didn't hardly have room to get the furnace into the 1/4 acre back yard This was before phase 2 furnaces. I told the guy he had no business buying a furnace and that I would rather not sell one to him. I never went back by but I bet another dealer sold him one.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Bill G

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Opt. 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 07:56:08 AM »

I am the last house on a dead end street, 1/2 ways up a mountain.  Our closest neighbors are 100 yds down hill.  We chose a gasifier and can't imagine ever having a problem, unless of course, self induced!  The thing is amazing!  The Quadrafire 4200 that I burned for 11 years smoked a noticeable bit more.  Never had any complaints.  My one neighbor said she actually enjoys the faint smell of wood smoke on a cold morning, when the wind was right, (wrong) and carried a bit her way.  She thought I only burned cherry or apple, and it reminds her of Dad smoking kielbasa!  Good folks down the hill from me!

Now the gasifier could probably be set up on the White House lawn, and Obama wouldn't notice.  Wonder if he'd keep it fed??  Naw...

As many have stated before on this forum, "you think the durn thing is out, most of the time!" 

Now the local fire house has been heated since 1994 with a big Mahoning furnace, and it smokes like a train.  But in defense of that furnace, it is on a steady diet of virtually all un-split semi green rounds.  It has been the subject of neighborhood debate a few times, in the past, but still burns!  That thing has saved a "ton" of money in the years it has been used, which has been turned into new firefighting equipment.  A very worthwhile cause.  In due time it will be re-placed with a big new gasifier.  But we can only hope the time to split and dry comes back into play there.  A 17K $ price tag at current day prices, but we all know how much money is saved.

I wish to thank everyone on the forum for the education recieved and will continue on responsibly!

Bill G
Bill
Stihl saws
Homegrown splitter
'10 3500 Dodge Cummins
(Beagles and snowshoe hares!!)
NE PA

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 03:13:21 PM »

There are some in the Obama administration that sure would like to make sure we are all forced to but energy from the big corporations and could no longer produce heat from wood. I want to thank my freshman congressman, Morgan Griffith who I campaigned for a year ago. He has gone after the epa with a vengeance.
 I don't expect the epa to crack down unless Obama is re-elected. He is already starting up his campaign and really isn't going to go out of his way to piss off a huge group of people. If he is re-elected I expect we will see some action from the epa within a year. Just have to wait and see what happens.
We must make sure he is not re elected. Abolish the epa.

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 07:26:47 PM »

From what I understand it costs a wood boiler company 250K to have a stove model approved  by the epa..I have neighbors..Non epa approved boiler as well..Never a complaint here..Dont abuse it either..Prevailing winds work in my favor..Nothing but hundreds of acres of woods behind me..Ive seen OWB's installed literally in a downtown area..I can see why there might be complaints....Just seems like epa and big oil are tied in one knot lol
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire