Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: does my 6048 have a fan in it?  (Read 15409 times)

ckbetz

• View Profile
Re: does my 6048 have a fan in it?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 05:42:47 PM »

Well Willie, my Central Boiler doesn't have a blower at all now, it's natural draft.  There's just a servo that opens the draft.  Central Boiler maintains that there are only certain circumstances that would require a draft inducer since their stoves are made to expell the gases so well without one.  Anyway, I noticed a better burn by adding a joint of stack and would add more if I didn't need to guy it off of something so I'm thinking the draft inducer would make it burn quite a bit hotter.   Thanks for your thoughts.
Pomeroy, Ohio

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 05:47:27 PM »

i have a home made OWB and i now have one 150 cfm  blower feeding it and i have another on the shelf as a spare..in the past i have thought of adding the second one with a longer feed tube to reach the back of the 5 foot long firebox to induce better combustion as well...if you proceed let me know what you think the results are. I may add mine for the next burn season
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

ckbetz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »

I'll let you know if I decide to add that to my already huge spending spree this winter (24x24 garage, Teryx side by side, windows, siding, etc.).  It never ends..hehehe
Pomeroy, Ohio
Pages: 1 [2]