Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: silly questions  (Read 8672 times)

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: silly questions
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2011, 03:06:36 PM »

pex will be less gpm than pex al a pex also pex is slightly smaller i believe and the pex al a pex has a smoother inside meaning less friction but i am not sure how much different it will be
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Ridgekid

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 09:33:48 AM »

I was wrong. Thought I had a TACO 007. Went over and looked this morning and it's a TACO 009-F5.

I thought I should think about a spare pump/Solenoid before anything happens. My son is going to check his and we may have one spare set between us if they match.

hddmax66

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 04:13:05 PM »

i have the same problem and i think my gpm is pretty low. I have the taco 009 and i think i may need a second pump because i run my house and garage on one loop. I go from the boiler to my house to a 20 plate dhw plate exchanger to my heat exchanger on the furnace then it goes back to the boiler here i have it hooked to the supply line for the garage which flows thru one heat exchanger then back to the boiler. So im assuming adding a pump just for the garage would give me more flow thru my system. I just did a test for my temps. my boiler said 186. the temp on the suply line out said 174 and with no load i have a 5 deg drop on the return line. with only the house furnace operating  i have a 150 deg return temp. Then i fired up the garage heater at the same time and got a reading of 120 on the return. Lastly i ran my shower and was maybe a deg or 2 drop. Any suggestions??

MTJAG

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CL5036
  • CB 5036, Husky 450, Montana 2740 4WD,100% off grid
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 08:14:03 PM »

All I know is that these "silly questions" sure are a great source of good information.  For myself, I'm going to go out and turn up my Grundfos Alpha pump the stage II to get it up to 7gpm instead of letting it automatically select energy savings and pump at 3gpm.  I have noticed that on nights when the temp is in the single digits, my OWB undershoots the preset 175 minimum down to the low 160's.  My high side temp is 185.
"a man is no fool to give up what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose"

Ridgekid

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 09:01:01 PM »

Sounds like I might be able to do some testing. I just purchased a Grundfos alpha. I'm going to install it when it arrives and keep my taco 009 as a spare for my unit and My sons cl4030.

Since I have enough temp probes, and will know the flow rate from the display on the pump, we should be able to solve some of the mysteries of gpm!!

I'll let you know when I have it installed. 
Pages: 1 2 [3]