Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 5036 cenral boiler  (Read 37807 times)

woodywoodchucker

• OWF Brand: cental boiler
  • OWF Model: classic 5036
  • what do I look like, an idiot?
    • View Profile
5036 cenral boiler
« on: November 04, 2009, 02:34:22 PM »

I am new here and this is my first year with my 5036 Classic.Heating a cape with open cellings and the building is 44 x 28.I was assured by the dealer that it would heat the place with refuelings ever 12 hours.Lots of windows and radiate heat in the basement and first floor.baseboard up stairs.Oh I live in Maine.

woodywoodchucker

• View Profile
Re: 5036 cenral boiler
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 06:32:11 AM »

ANYONE???

Dirtslinger

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 01:39:20 PM »

Welcome to the forum

Dont know much about central boilers
I am sure somebody on here will ask you a bunch of questions to help you out.

Do you have the boiler installed already
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

woodywoodchucker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »

yep, its been running for a month or so now.

Dirtslinger

• OWF Brand: Woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 06:36:16 PM »

How is it working out for you.
Dirtslinger
Brockway, PA

bruey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 06:57:00 PM »

they will put out alot of heat but their is a lot of factors that come into play,  is the building insolated, how well, is the glass insolated, low e, what type of wood will you be burning, is it dry or wet.  are you on a hill in high wind or protected some by trees, i mean there is a lot to consider, should it heat it, by square footage, yes, but there are a lot of things that can cause a decrease in what it will heat.  hope i helped
Newrichmond, Ohio

ckbetz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 07:10:47 PM »

Hey woody, welcome.  There are a lot of posts on the site about factors in heating different size buildings.  Search around a bit and you'll find quite a bit of reading.  Bruey is right, there are a lot of factors that any different manufacturer has to deal with, and it's sometimes the dealer that makes the sale on knowing what factors are important.  I've said before that all OWB companies tend to give you the most ideal specs when they tell you how many btu's their unit is capable of putting out.  I have a Central Boiler 5648 heating a very old home that is somewhere close to 5000 sq ft. with 11 ft. ceilings on the bottom floor and 10 ft. on the second floor.  Until this year I filled my unit in the coldest weather 3 times a day full.  I'm hoping this year things will be different since I added insulation and siding, as well as 6 more 39"x104" windows.  So far my unit seems to be using a lot less wood but it's hard to make a comparison unless you really look at historical data.  For me I'm just glad I'm not paying the gas bill to heat this bohemoth. 
Pomeroy, Ohio

woodywoodchucker

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 04:31:50 AM »

Thanks guys, the house is insulated with low e windows.Still looking at the insulation as its not all sheetrocked yet, and it is not sided yet.Typar is my siding for now.I filled it last night when I got home. Have a huge bed of coals.Im i adding too much wood? I do fill it twice a day.

jon d

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 01:18:28 PM »

Welcome!  I would think that with your sq. footage, and good insulation there should be no problems heating your home. If you can't make 12hrs. between filling try mixing your wood. (ex. seasoned and semi-seasoned)  This fall I started with well seasoned and split wood. I didn't get the long burn times as in the past so I'm mixing in rounds and other wood thats less than 6 months cut.    Keep us informed on how it's working when it gets real cold...
jon d
Hawesville, Kentucky
Central boiler 5036 installed in 09

woodywoodchucker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 02:07:16 PM »

how long a burn time do you expect with a mixed wood load? And how cold does it get at your home in Ky?

Alan

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 04:14:31 PM »

29   at 530 am today  heat 2 water heaters   and 1800 ft house     fill with   10  to 12   6"  or  8"  22" long   in 24 hour time started  useing in oct .  5036
Alan  Marydale ky

jon d

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 11:28:45 AM »

I heat a 2000 sf. house and @1000 sf. beauty shop/garage. The 5036 is also going through water heaters in both buildings. Last winter while daytime high temps. were in the 20's I never had to fill less than 12 hrs. apart. I also set both stats at 73 degrees. I do lower boiler temperature setpoint when weather permits. The last few days here the daytime high's have been 60-70 degrees and in the 45-50 at nite. I lowered the 5036 to 150 and haven't add wood since 11-7 am. I'm no expert-this is only my second season. But I've saved lots of $$$$ in propane since the install..
jon d
Hawesville, Kentucky

woodywoodchucker

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 04:25:27 PM »

That is good news about the refueling Jon D.I guess I need to learn about mixing wood.I have some wood that was cut 6 weeks ago. That stuff burns kind of fast.I also split alot of the stuff.My house is new with some sheetrock and no siding. Just typar.Low e windows.I am sealing all the possable leaks and stuff.Seams to be prenty of leaks.I guess I would never had noticed if the rock was hanging. I also have 9 ft walls and half is cathredral ceilings.That probably doesnt make heating the place any easier.

jon d

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 08:14:56 PM »

I'm for sure you location is much worst than mine for cold weather! But I've heated mine with day-time highs in the 20's and still can fill every 12hrs. Good luck up north!! Keep us informed!!
jon d
Hawesville, Kentucky

RMRranche

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 09:37:35 AM »

Hy , im looking at bying a central boiler cl 5036 next spring .I live in northern New Brunswick Canada (north of main ) im looking at some winter temperature of - 30 in the peak winter months . the only thing i noticed is the way the fuel box is built . very good for heat transfer but  i m affaide the smoke is going to comme out the door all the time i will be loading it . and the fact that ther is no force draft fan on it bothers me a little . any coment from any body will be appreciated .
Pages: [1] 2