Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: remote wifi temp of boiler  (Read 7198 times)

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
remote wifi temp of boiler
« on: November 11, 2014, 04:42:44 PM »

Has anyone tried this.La Crosse Alerts Wireless D111.103.150.E1.BP.HT Monitor System with Hot Tub Accessory Set.
I'm thinking tape to copper pipe coming in to house. And get alarts when it hits 110f need to load stove.  Be great on my smartphone. Anyone else feel like heatmor running in winter is kinda like a marriage now I want it to text me when it needs atention.  :o

Heat550

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: remote wifi temp of boiler
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 06:08:30 PM »

I've looked into all sorts of things like this, for everything from monitoring the wood boiler , waste oil boiler in the shop, corn dryer, temp of corn coming out of the dryer, etc. A lot of pretty cool alternatives out there, the price however is not so cool.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Maxnchej

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: Bl2840
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 07:28:46 PM »

You need to look at http://www.controlbyweb.com/x300/

I'm thinking about getting one of these units and running a few sensors on a cat5e cable. Will then be able to see on smart phone and on web site.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 07:34:28 PM »

I'm thinking about getting one of these units and running a few sensors on a cat5e cable. Will then be able to see on smart phone and on web site.

I've been seriously looking at that, I'd be able to crank up the shop heat before heading out to work.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 08:21:18 PM »

I seen these bit $$$ but does anyone have a wire diagram how they did it. Can the prob wires be quite long like 125 ft
So you can keep unit indoors . also how would you hook up sensor to tell if fans on. Very cool might be better off
Spending more and have everything. It be great being able see info anywhere even at work etc.
Heat550

Maxnchej

• OWF Brand: Portage and main
  • OWF Model: Bl2840
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 04:22:08 AM »

I haven't bought anything yet but I plan to soon. I just got my boiler up and running last weekend. The site says that the sensors are good for 300 feet. So I thought I could take some cat5e in a in a pipe that a ran out to the stove for future use  ;D and attached one heat sensor to one of the 8 wires in the cat5e cable. I didn't think about the fan running, but not sure if I really need it. If I have the temp of in and out and know what my diff is, then you will know if fan is running. I was also thinking of putting the sensors on the inside pipes as well so I will see how much loss I have before and after it runs through my system.  I was also thinking of getting an outside temperature so you can then compare water temp, usage to outside temp. What are others thoughts?

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 12:47:38 AM »

I haven't bought anything yet but I plan to soon. I just got my boiler up and running last weekend. The site says that the sensors are good for 300 feet. So I thought I could take some cat5e in a in a pipe that a ran out to the stove for future use  ;D and attached one heat sensor to one of the 8 wires in the cat5e cable. I didn't think about the fan running, but not sure if I really need it. If I have the temp of in and out and know what my diff is, then you will know if fan is running. I was also thinking of putting the sensors on the inside pipes as well so I will see how much loss I have before and after it runs through my system.  I was also thinking of getting an outside temperature so you can then compare water temp, usage to outside temp. What are others thoughts?

Im going to try video cams Belkin netcams amozon $39.99 androide all I'm going to do is point it to the water temp /pressure gauage in house and one out window to stove  I have a light on back of stove so i can see when draft fans on in house . $80 bucks and can check it where ever theres wifi . Its hard to figure cost of total networking sensors for me . when  temp in house and if draft fans on tell me the whole story . Later when I save more cash I will do the full network website to check efficiency.  hope this info helps .

Heat550

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 05:56:45 AM »

Bel kin netcam low res works great with smart phone on home WiFi. The 10psi is pump pressure . $50 amz

Heat550