Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ice Storm  (Read 8356 times)

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
Re: Ice Storm
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2013, 04:44:26 PM »

No power here in central michigan since Saturday night.  Consumers Energy keeps pushing my restore date back.  Monday, then 11:30 Christmas night , and now Thursday night.  Gas for the gennie is killing me!  I still have to be thankful I have my burner and a gennie to run it all.  Trying hard to keep focused on that part, it could be a whole lot worse.

Merry Christmas y'all.
If your's quits before you get power back give me a yell. I can loan you one. Merry Christmas too!
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2013, 07:24:20 AM »

Well we gained power back last night so I left for the xmas party and turned the generator off. I get a txt from my neighbor 2hrs later we lost power again. I rush home only to find my lights are dimming and I measured 76 volts. I quickly shut everything off because I knew my motors and electronic are gonna be smoked possibly. I fire the generator up and go to the outdoor wood boiler and find a noisy slower moving pump, solonoid that wont open,aquastat that wont operate and a fan that smells burnt. What a great christmas with this thing.

Wood Nutt

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 250 Pro, Stihl 660, 290, 210, 031AV, Efco 3500
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2013, 08:28:35 AM »

man that stinks.  do you have enough spare parts to get back up and running?  Since the pump still runs, can you  temporarily convert to a natural draft stove.  I might be able to come up with my older version of the shaver manual that I think explains that and if it would help.  from what I remember reading, partially block the air intake and thru trial adjust the opening enough to keep it from over firing.
What this country needs is less dirty minds and more dirty fingernails!

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2013, 02:37:39 PM »

Changed the pump,blower,aquastat and solonoid just a little bit ago. I was able to do all this labor running on 1 apple and 2 budweisers and 0 lunch.

Wood Nutt

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 250 Pro, Stihl 660, 290, 210, 031AV, Efco 3500
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2013, 09:20:24 PM »

Good to hear you are up and running again.  News still says a bunch of you are still out of power in the NE, so good to hear you at least have heat again! 

Probably good you had the Budweiser, might not have made it thru the project with Bud Lite! :D
What this country needs is less dirty minds and more dirty fingernails!
Pages: 1 2 [3]