Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Construction. Leaning towards Optimizer250  (Read 1745 times)

BillMc

• OWF Brand: Thinking about a Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
New Construction. Leaning towards Optimizer250
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:51:42 AM »

I'm new to this site. I've never owned an owb. I have a lot of friends who own them, and like them, but none that own a gasser. I'm building a 2500 sq ft home this summer in northeast PA. I've done a little bit of reading about these boilers and like what I've read so far. I basically have 2 questions for starters. Does anyone know who is a dealer for these boilers in Northern PA or Southern NY, or do I deal with the factory directly? Also, I've read a couple posts that say these owb's burn better with fewer issues when it is cold out. Does anyone burn their optimizer all summer for DHW or is it better to shut it down when it gets warm and heat hot water with something else?

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: New Construction. Leaning towards Optimizer250
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 01:18:16 PM »

Welcome to the forum and Thank You for your interest, Kerry Ellis is in the Binghamton area and Dan Brothers in Northwest Ohio, No boiler in my opinion is efficient enough for hot water only and gassers need a load on them, hot water only is not enough.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

johnybcold

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic E1400
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 02:04:20 PM »

Technically here is MA where the government control is out of control you cannot run it all summer  that would be illegal. But unless you use a lot of hot water i cannot see it being worth it,  my buddy put in one of those high efficiency compressor electric water heaters for summer use he likes it. And i do know someone that runs his owf all summer .
old truck
old craftsman chain saw
Polaris Sportsman 500HO

BillMc

• OWF Brand: Thinking about a Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 03:18:07 PM »

Thanks for your input guys, I really appreciate it. That's kinda what I thought about the DHW but wanted to hear it from people with experience. I'm sure I'll have a bunch more questions but that gets me started. Thanks again!