Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: You may be interested  (Read 8362 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
You may be interested
« on: May 07, 2015, 04:12:01 AM »

RSI and I have been working on a bit of a project on his forum to promote our industry, I would like to invite you all to come on over, help his traffic a bit and share your thoughts, RSI could you please post the link again for those who have lost it? Folks this will be a section that like RSI and I have done, we will be working together not as competitors but instead a team to promote our industry, if you are a dealer, please take the time to promote your shows, share ideas, and HELP one another, by expanding the market, we can all share that market. If you are simply an owner or potential owner of an OWB, Please join in with your thoughts as well, we could all use some ideas / help. Post shows you are doing, pictures of your sales area, shows that should be done, whatever. Please no bashing!
 OOPS I almost forgot to post the section, glad I didn't press post yet
 The title of the section is help SlimJim promote the industry! See you there and enjoy!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:18:49 AM by Outdoor Wood Furnace Info »
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: You may be interested
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 03:15:11 AM »

Seriously guys, 142 views and not one comment and it doesn't appear that many of you have checked it out either!  RSI took the initiative about a year ago to start another forum when this one was going down hard from spammers, he could use some traffic on his forum as well and we thought this might get a few of you to start checking it out, if you are a dealer, it gives you a chance to promote your business and at the same time promote his forum, I realize that advertising is frowned on here and that's not exactly what we are looking for there either but a section that allows us to get the word out for FREE, I would think would be well appreciated!
 For those of you who are owners or soon to be owners, it gives you an idea of where you can catch up with a show and dealer without cluttering up the rest of the forum, It also would be a great place to exchange ideas on what helps promote the entire industry which we all know could use some help with the upcoming EPA rules, oh well perhaps it's not worthwhile after all, we will let it run a while and see but if you don't take advantage of everything you can and sit back to allow others to do it for you then I guess you can only blame yourself for failure.

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 05:08:10 AM »

Don't forget slim its slow around here this time of the year i am not on here every day ! What is the name of his site? When this site was in trouble I stayed loyal here and didn't bale out!
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 05:12:52 AM »

I don't think anybody baled permanently but it got pretty bad last year and RSI gave us an alternate site, I have it as a favorite so I'm not sure of the title
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 08:44:01 AM by Outdoor Wood Furnace Info »

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 05:32:38 AM »

I'll be over there, thanks slim.  I read this early the other morning and honestly thought someone would comment on it sooner so it would pop back up.  I think I still have the link to the other site. 
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 05:52:53 AM »

Does anyone have the link by chance?  I don't have it saved on my phone.
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 06:33:04 AM »

On a search it comes up as outdoor boiler forum, discussion of wood and coal boilers. Thanks AFP.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 07:01:24 AM »

Been working, now its raining.

A link to both the site and the thread would be appreciated.

Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Outdoor Wood Furnace Info

• Administrator
  • Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 08:37:02 AM »

RSI and I have been working on a bit of a project on his forum to promote our industry, I would like to invite you all to come on over, help his traffic a bit and share your thoughts, RSI could you please post the link again for those who have lost it? Folks this will be a section that like RSI and I have done, we will be working together not as competitors but instead a team to promote our industry, if you are a dealer, please take the time to promote your shows, share ideas, and HELP one another, by expanding the market, we can all share that market. If you are simply an owner or potential owner of an OWB, Please join in with your thoughts as well, we could all use some ideas / help. Post shows you are doing, pictures of your sales area, shows that should be done, whatever. Please no bashing!
 OOPS I almost forgot to post the section, glad I didn't press post yet
 The title of the section is help SlimJim promote the industry! See you there and enjoy!

Hey Slim, We don't agree with your claim that taking our readers to another site is somehow "Promoting the industry".  If you really want to promote the industry, you should encourage people to visit this site and help it continue to grow.  We as members are much stronger if we stay together.  If we become fractured and disjointed, our strength diminishes.  The owners of this site have also done everything that the members have requested - no advertisements in particular.  They will continue to meet the needs of this industry and promote it as much as possible.  Your request that everyone move over to your other site to "expand the market" so that everyone can "share in that market" is disingenuous at best - if you really wanted to expand the market, you would do it here where the market is already established and we are all already working together to grow our market together.  Instead, you appear to be trying to convince everyone to go over to your site for your own profit. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 09:18:27 AM by Outdoor Wood Furnace Info »

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 10:29:29 AM »

Are you serious?  do you have any idea how many folks I have brought to this site, every flyer that I have handed out at my shows since the day I signed up lists this site in particular as a great informational site with no advertising, that is what is great about this site, I see I got a warning for what you claim I was trying to do, can we not belong to more than one site? RSIs site simply has a place for dealers to let folks know where they will be and what works for them, I was under the impression that this site did not appreciate that sort of thing, if you will allow it I would be happy to partake in a thread like that, I have personally attempted to start a campaign several times to raise monies to help this site expand our ability to post pictures my monies being the first donation, and it seems nobody knows how to get in touch with the owners, if I were trying to do as you say, do you honestly think I would try to raise monies to help this site, perhaps there is something here that I'm not understanding but I don't think there is a single person who belongs to RSIs site who does not belong here as well, all I'm saying is that I think the folks on here that are dealers should perhaps be given the chance to help promote their products and services in a thread designed specifically for that purpose, RSI has generously approved that section hoping to bring some folks on there and he nor I have EVER asked anyone to leave this one. If you feel it necessary to delete this entire thread then by all means go ahead and do so, I have about 500 copies of my informational sheet for the Bangor Logging Expo scheduled for next Friday and Saturday with this forum still listed as the place to go, if you would like let me know and I'll reprint them without this forum listed if it causes an issue! You know where I'm at!

• Administrator
  • Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2015, 10:53:28 AM »

Nobody has attempted to contact the owners, except one member last December.  There is nothing at the other site that cannot exist here.  Slim, we appreciate you and your contributions to this site.  But most people will agree that your attempt to divide us as an industry is not appropriate and does not make any sense.  If you would like, please let us know what changes you would like to request to this site and we can accommodate that, but I have never seen any such request from you.  United We Stand, Divided We Fall!

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2015, 11:18:34 AM »

Sir, there have been many attempts by Marty and sloppy snood to contact the owner, nobody seems to know who you are, would you please allow your moderators to have your contact info so that next time we get bombarded by spammers as we did last year it does not get so bad that folks start talking about leaving as happened last year, this is what prompted the other site, united we stood, nobody left! We ALL came back, as far as promoting my self interest, do you recall that when the new moderators were contacted to clean up the forum, I was asked and I declined because I did not want to be accused of conflict of interest, I do and always have supported the entire industry regardless of manufacturer.
Yes I would like to see a separate section dedicated to how dealers can promote their business by posting shows, specials, innovations etc, I'm not a fan of making this an advertising site but there are many good folks on here that help the consumer and lots of them are dealers, do those dealers not deserve the recognition of this site by allowing a separate section, not a single one of us knows everything about every boiler or install, thank God there are those dealers on here that are willing to give there time free of charge to help, on the hope that it sells boilers and installs in the future simply by being there, I thank you for allowing us to at least be honest enough to say whom we work with, without the threat of being kicked off like they do on the Forestry Forum, look it up I'm banned from there just for saying who I worked with.
I sincerely hope you understand my thoughts for this entire thread and will remove the warning that you sent me earlier as a misunderstanding, over 2 years on here without one and I certainly feel this one was not called for as I have explained earlier.

• Administrator
  • Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 05:48:52 PM »

OK Slim, thanks for your courteous reply.  I like your idea of a separate section for opportunities.  Let's figure out the best way to do that.  Considering our appreciation to you for your great contributions to this site, we have removes the warning (at least I think I did it correctly!  Let me know if not).  We maintain our commitment to this site and to making it the best site for your industry - please let us know how we can meet all the needs of members without becoming shamelessly commercial.

Over the coming months, you will be seeing some rather impressive improvements to the site.  Please give us your feedback!

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 06:03:40 PM »

Will do and Thank You for your understanding! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2015, 06:04:15 AM »

OK glad we got that settled, Thank you OWFI now how about some comments and ideas on how you folks would like to set this up, nobody wants pop ups or scattered advertising including myself but  would it make sense to have a section for everyone to be able to see who is doing what to promote the industry.
Perhaps some ideas from everyone regarding what would be acceptable on both sides, here is my take on it, I think it would be nice to post where We will be at, this gives interested parties a chance to see us at a centralized location where they can shop for what fits their needs and gives them the ability to take advantage of any show specials, on the other hand it makes for a much easier sale from our perspective because typically if a person comes to the show to see us because of our advertising, they typically come prepared to place a deposit on our products. We drop a lot of money, time and effort to do these live burn demos at these shows and it sure feels nice if enough sales are made at the show to justify what we are doing.  I would appreciate any and all comments!
Pages: [1] 2 3