Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Almost  (Read 34014 times)

coolidge

• View Profile
Re: Almost
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2017, 01:52:42 PM »

Not yet, should be in tomorrow.
Western Maine

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »

I can't wait. I've been waiting to pull the trigger myself. Which model did you get? The wifi stand alone model?

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2017, 06:23:01 PM »

Yes,  it will be interesting to see where all those btus are going, I used up over a full firebox of wood just today.
Western Maine

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2017, 06:24:04 PM »

Wtf. I used 5 small splits today.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2017, 07:28:05 PM »

Yes,  it will be interesting to see where all those btus are going, I used up over a full firebox of wood just today.

Just a few thoughts here, if you remember exactly where the Logstor runs maybe take an IR gun and walk the ground and look for a warm spot? Only failure of Logstor I can recall is the one Slim told us about when a laborer drove a piece of rebar thru it. So not really a Logstor failure on part of the Logstor.

Something else I thought of, isnt yours the install where the shop run goes under the road to the other side?

Several times this summer either the state or county has been doing road borings, then they come back and do the shoulders…..

If they would actually stop and ask we could tell them where not to bore as we know where all our drainage tiles might go under the road, instead now we can wait for the suck holes to show up then raise hell for a few years until they finally fix em.

Just a wild hair but has maybe your county done borings lately? I’m not sure why our county would be doing them as they don’t spend any money on the back roads unless a town or city councilman lives on it. Not really sure why the state is either, not like they are gonna tear the entire road bed out and start over, especially since some of it still has logs in it from when it was a corduroy road. The guys that tried to bore under it to install stop light sensors found that out as well as the utility company when they ran nat gas to the farm.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2017, 09:25:38 PM »

I've been preaching for years that I run Rehau. I was recently informed that Logstor is actually my bich, despite my idiocy. My 32mm Logstor only loses 1 degree in the 170 feet to the house, but I will admit that it does melt the light snow between A and B. I feel stupid as the day is long, but this isn't what I anticipated. I made a poor mistake boys, and I'm sorry. Still next to no heat loss, but it does thaw the dirt. Not cool IMO and I guarantee the backfill was taken great care of. I've been condoning false information boys, and I apologize

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2017, 09:31:06 PM »

Say whaaaat?

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2017, 09:54:52 PM »

I've been preaching for years that I run Rehau. I was recently informed that Logstor is actually my bich, despite my idiocy. My 32mm Logstor only loses 1 degree in the 170 feet to the house, but I will admit that it does melt the light snow between A and B. I feel stupid as the day is long, but this isn't what I anticipated. I made a poor mistake boys, and I'm sorry. Still next to no heat loss, but it does thaw the dirt. Not cool IMO and I guarantee the backfill was taken great care of. I've been condoning false information boys, and I apologize

Thats weird, when I installed mine hit an old tile, then the water hit the clay and the whole thing turned to soup. I’ve repaired enough tile over the years to know you can’t patch it and expect it to stay when its floating in water/soup/slop so left the corner open till it dried out. Had ice and snow on that exposed section of Logstor and wouldn’t melt off till the sun got it.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2017, 03:21:52 AM »

I have done the IR gun thing one hundred times. My house loop goes under the road, 100 ft run, 5 to 6 ft deep the entire run. When I crossed the road I ran the logstor through a plastic culvert just for the added protection in this area.

Town does no boring around these parts.
My garage loop actually runs 35 ft on top of the ground.
Western Maine

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2017, 03:29:12 AM »

Trying to follow what you're saying there..
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2017, 05:03:42 AM »

Well I think what he is saying is that nothing is perfect, there will be some heat loss with any pipe, if the pipe is buried at a shallow depth as many of us do and the ground temperature is 31 degrees F then absolutely I would expect to see some thawing of the snow above the pipe but if anyone can show me a product that delivers better than Logstor does on its promises then  I would be happy to assist them in running some tests.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2017, 06:03:13 AM »

I have done the IR gun thing one hundred times. My house loop goes under the road, 100 ft run, 5 to 6 ft deep the entire run. When I crossed the road I ran the logstor through a plastic culvert just for the added protection in this area.

Town does no boring around these parts.
My garage loop actually runs 35 ft on top of the ground.

Bummer, was just a thought that would explain a lot though. Wouldn’t have had to be a full hit even, scuff the side of the pipe and open it up and take a little foam with it as well.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2017, 06:04:51 AM »

I had consumed a few beers before that lol sorry. On one of the other pages I've been bragging about my Rehau forever and how awesome it is. The other day I had a chance while playing with new Rehau to realize it had a bigger OD than mine does, so further investigation told me it's actually Logstor that I have buried. Then yesterday when I got home I noticed the thawed path across the yard and started pounding beers while running a pile of tests to see what the issue was. 4 hours later I had a bad case of the dumb and thought it'd be a good idea to get on the computer and speak cursive. Yes Slim it is shallow, 18" or so. But again as Marty mentioned, there's plenty of it out there above grade that snow just sits on bare. I was having an intoxicated vent session, sorry  :-X

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2017, 06:17:02 AM »

Haaaaah haaaaaah ha, I thought I was the only one who did that sort of thing!  Yes if the ambient temp is close then you will see some snow melt.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2017, 05:09:14 PM »

well had the thingy going this afternoon, clicked out of the page to get other sh!t done and now i can't get back on. "server is not responding"
Go figure, was kinda neat while it was working.
Western Maine
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12