Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Rookie optimizer 250 owner  (Read 3141 times)

randy_1

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
Rookie optimizer 250 owner
« on: October 01, 2013, 06:56:57 AM »

Just wanted to give a shout out to Mainly Custom & P & M. Very good service. It's been 3 weeks now and we love our boiler...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:27:41 AM by randy_1 »
Kubota L 3300

yoderheating

• View Profile
Re: Rookie optimizer 250 owner
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 08:13:00 AM »

I've always said there are 6 or 8 good furnace companies that build quality furnaces. Finding a wonderful dealer is as important as deciding which good furnace to buy. On the other hand there are some brands out there that even a good dealer can't do much for. Happy for you!
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 11:46:17 AM »

Wow thanks Randy, would you do me a favor though and remove my personal name from your post, just feels wierd to me, please keep in touch.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

randy_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 09:50:42 AM »

Ok, so now that we are getting some colder weather here in central Maine and I am getting more familiar with operating the 250, I have to say I am liking it more and more every day. I only have one concern now and I am going to look into addressing it this weekend.  The exhaust temps have come up to around 250 to 275 under heavy demand and the creosote condensation seems to be non existent on the roof and outside of the chimney. However I do have creosote solidifying at the base of the chimney where it sets on the top of the stove/ heat exchanger, almost like it is leaking from the inside of the chimney and coming out at the seam. Its very obvious when I open the rear door. My issue is, I am not sure if I should let the fire die down and pull the pipe and try to seal it with hi temp silicon.  or let it be and just clean it off every few weeks. has anyone else with a 250 seen this? is it normal?   Also to thew guy who emailed me about my boiler... I did finally email you back from a different address.  yours went in to my spam and it took me a few days before i noticed it. I would be more than happy to help maybe you in any way I can. The dealer I have is great to deal with and compared to the fly by night guys in this area pushing other boilers he will return your calls quick if you have any concerns...
Kubota L 3300

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 10:26:27 AM »

Thanks Randy for the kind words, Glad things are working well, The stuff you are seeing is more than likely just moisture coming back down the stack, the insulated pipe just sits on the pipe coming out of the heat exchanger, you could seal it if you want but I probably would try a cap first if the low lying smoke does not bother you terribly. Any progress yet on the garage. Oh and by the way, I might be in the market for a truck to replace my old mancave, still having problems with the transmission shifting and still looking for a very small (cheap) tractor with a bucket to feed my chip boiler.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

randy_1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 02:31:52 PM »

Hey I am looking at taking in a 2006 F360 single rear wheel super cap diesel I will keep you posted as it becomes available. and as far as the boiler goes I have had a cap on it since the first week of operation, the creosote I am seeing is very thick and hard I will take a picture this weekend and email it to you. How often should I clean the chimney on this thing?
Kubota L 3300

randy_1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 02:49:55 PM »

oh and SLim as far as the Garage goes... its on hold after I gave you all my money.... ^-^ :thumbup:
Kubota L 3300

fryedaddy

• OWF Brand: Hicks Water Stove
  • OWF Model: 750 Gallon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 02:52:11 PM »

LOL....The boiler business is expensive to get into but once people get involved most stay. :o