Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: ML30  (Read 5561 times)

China12

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: ML30
    • View Profile
ML30
« on: October 07, 2012, 12:15:28 PM »

I have only one thing to say regarding my contact with the company, Rory.  We had a few complaints and were treated disrespectfully on the phone.  Unfortunately listening to a new customers concerns was not important once the purchase had been made.  A large purchase which we now regret. 

Freekazoidd

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: ML30
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »

Are you having problems with it? Can you elaborate more? I am curious because mine is new this year as well.

China12

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 12:33:26 PM »

It seems to us that we had better burn time, at least in the mild weather that we have been experiencing, with our past two burners that had the fan coming from the side instead of underneath the grate.  We used to be able to hold a bed of coals and just replenish sparingly with no problem of the fire going out, now everything burns up much more quickly.  The company dismissed our inquiry, just felt it would have been nice of them to send a fac rep just to make sure all was as it should be.

Freekazoidd

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 08:04:32 PM »

Have you tried opening the front damper on the loading door? I had to do this to keep my fire going. It seems to help just enough......although I don't have a lot
of coals in the bottom of my burner, it does not seem to need them as it always starts and stops since I opened up the front damper. Mind you I only opened it
up a small portion. I am new to this wood stove as well, but have had to fidget with mine very little if at all unless I want to poke at the coals just out of boredom.
I don't know if this will help, but I hope it does. It certainly doesn't say much for the customer support that you received though does it? Hopefully I do not have any trouble
that I need to call them to sort out.

rick w

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: portage&main
  • OWF Model: portage&main ml 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »

china12 where are you located you could contact dave jacoby in trego wisconsin hes just great to deal with and trys to and figures out the correct answer for all your questions( strawbalefarms.com) shoot him and email. thanks rick

China12

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2012, 06:32:28 AM »

We purchased our furnace on 8/3/12 from Kauffman's Heat Source, received our Invoice or Bill of Sale on 9/21/12, after asking for it.  We had already installed the furnace with the help of our friends by this time.  We had a hard time deciding which type of unit to buy, but decided to buy from a local dealer.  Two weeks ago our dealer called and said he would be over to fill out the warranty and get it sent in, we haven't seen him yet.  At this point, we are considering getting a propane furnace put in and go that route and get completely out of the wood burning hassle.  Maybe 22 years of it is long enough, really should have done it in the spring.  In respect to the furnace, the only thing we did not do is replace our lines to the house, we hooked up to our existing lines, which had served us well during the past years.  So, we could have some heat loss there, which might, and I say might, affect the units ability to keep the water temp up, hence using up so much wood.  End of story.  Thanks for listening.

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »

We purchased our furnace on 8/3/12 from Kauffman's Heat Source, received our Invoice or Bill of Sale on 9/21/12, after asking for it.  We had already installed the furnace with the help of our friends by this time.  We had a hard time deciding which type of unit to buy, but decided to buy from a local dealer.  Two weeks ago our dealer called and said he would be over to fill out the warranty and get it sent in, we haven't seen him yet.  At this point, we are considering getting a propane furnace put in and go that route and get completely out of the wood burning hassle.  Maybe 22 years of it is long enough, really should have done it in the spring.  In respect to the furnace, the only thing we did not do is replace our lines to the house, we hooked up to our existing lines, which had served us well during the past years.  So, we could have some heat loss there, which might, and I say might, affect the units ability to keep the water temp up, hence using up so much wood.  End of story.  Thanks for listening.
You might regret going to propane..Yeah no work needed..But your wallet might start to whine!..That sucks about your situation..No need of being mistreated ..You say you had a better burn time in the mild weather..Well I do, and anyone else will in the warmer weather..As it get colder more of a demand...Not sure what kind of wood your burning and condition of wood (pun-key, extremely dry)..That will burn up quickly.., also how you fill it up..My fan forces the air underneath the grate
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

smokingun26710

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 08:46:08 PM »

Thanks China for the info.  I was dealing with Rory at P&M as well.  I was considering buying the ML30 but Im thinking its a little overpriced compaired to the Heatmaster and Central Boiler.  Thanks for the info especially the customer service problems.  Take care.

catmann

• OWF Model: 250 optimizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 05:50:34 PM »

I was informed about this post being on here about a boiler I had sold.  I am the dealer that sold this unit.  I do not usually respond or comment on items like this but want to say a few comments so that other potential customers are not turned away by this post I feel that is not fare to other dealers. I can deal with the negative comments or untruthful accusations in my own community from a customer.  I hope that if you read this that you remember there are always 2 sides to a story...and trust me there is!  I strive my business on customer service and quality products.  I believe that you can sell anything as long as it is a great product and you have the best service to back it up.  For this customer I gave the best service possible to take care of them, I offered any help they needed includung helping with cement work removing old one hooking it up any thing they needed.  I spent 2 visits there before they even decided to purchase.  They had an existing boiler that the door was rotting out and was not more then 8 yrs old.  The gentlemen even asked me what would you do and my reply was "I would love to sell you a new boiler but if it was me I would replace the door for $1200 not buy a new one"!  This gentlemen called and order and canceled this boiler 2 times in 1 week and when the third day came Rory and myself told him we would order once the money was in hand. (I had a shipment coming that week and wanted to get it added)  I asked to let me know when they are ready to start it up and I will come over and be there for the initial startup...no call, but a few days later I get a call that he wants us to take the boiler back that it wont hold a fire.  So I went over right away checked this unit out.  Could not find any problems.  I think I changed some settings on the thermostat made sure were the damper was set on the fan motor, adjusted that seen that they set the high limit to low, and said there try for a couple days and see what happens.  Needless to say I called a couple days later still same issues.  They had made calls to Heatsmart telling them the same and also throwing me under the buss saying I was not helping.....ON and ON.  Any ways I told them okay the only way we can figure this out is I need to run this boiler for you for a week to see what is happening and if I discover a problem then I will get after factory and get it fixed.  I started on a Sunday evening about 6pm I filled it 3/4 full with two rows front and back!  I stopped at 6am in morning to check 180 deg boiler temp and still half full or more of wood.  It was probably 30-35deg that night and got into probably 55-60 during the day at 6pm that night filled same way as night before.  Checked Tuesday morning same details as previous morning, shut the door and when I showed up that night and told him my findings just in those 2 days he told me no need to continue.  But a few days latter called Rory and told him some other stories that i wasnt helping and they wanted Heat Smart to buy it back and little did he know Rory and I were talking just about everyday or other day about this problem and he new what my findings were.  So if Rory got a little short they probably deserved it.  My patience are about wore out with them especially after seeing these postings.  And yes I did not get the warranty paper work filled out right away like they said but things happen in life and I lead a busy life and Heat Smart Plus has never given a hard time about me turning in a warranty card 2 weeks late but tonight I picked it up and he will have his warranty.  Sorry for such a long winded story trust me I gave the short version.  But dont let one persons comment ruin your decission there are plenty of these stove out there even up here in NE Michigan and they burn great ask more people that have them. 

One last thing to keep in mind when listening to some ones comments about OWF If some one burnt wood for 22 years and were purchasing there 3 OWF maybe look at  the operater of the furnace not the furnace itself!

martyinmi

• OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 08:58:51 PM »

Thanks for giving us "The Rest of the Story". From what I know about Rory and the whole crew at P&M, it would be extremely out of character for them to act, or in this case not act, in such a manner. Hopefully this situation is now fully resolved.
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

China12

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2012, 05:49:14 AM »

One last comment.  My husband is not behind these postings, at all!!  Please catmann, do not insult our knowledge on the operations and expectations of an outdoor wood burner.  We had no complaints on our previous furnaces, except the faulty door on our last burner.  I had encouraged new lines all along and feel this would have made a better operating system.  As my husband has said all along, it was our decision to purchase, there was no coercing on your part.  I just felt, and I made the call, that before I could even talk at all about the burner, the comment "Oh, I know who you are, you're the ones that changed your mind 3 times, was not appropriate and will stick with that.  Verified that many talks had been made behind our backs.  So thank you again for picking up the warranty the other day and your concern for our satisfaction.