Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Patriot Act  (Read 8681 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Patriot Act
« on: June 01, 2015, 04:58:17 AM »

Finally, Liberty trumps perceived security, Thank you for standing for Liberty Mr. Rand Paul and best wishes for your run for the White House, I am in your corner!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: Patriot Act
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 07:21:39 AM »

Finally, Liberty trumps perceived security, Thank you for standing for Liberty Mr. Rand Paul and best wishes for your run for the White House, I am in your corner!

:post:

Unfortunately I think the deck is stacked against Rand, even Fox News usually omits him from the latest polling data.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 10:30:20 AM »

And, unfortunately, his stand is only being seen as a political stunt to gain votes.  Cynicism raises it's ugly head again.  Roger   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 04:31:27 PM »

Well Roger if it must be considered a ploy to gain votes, it certainly worked with me, abolishing the patriot act and gaining my Liberty that was stolen soon after 911 is to me a very important thing to me! Think about it, what other candidate is truly telling you that reducing the scope of the federal govt is their # 1 priority, they all seem to lie and tell us what they think we want to hear, only Rand Paul tells us what truly needs to happen and that is true Liberty and personal responsibility, Not free stuff!

farmboythegreat

• OWF Brand: freisen
  • OWF Model: 33hd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 05:31:12 PM »

mostly they tell you what they think will get them reelected
Muir Ontario Canada

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 09:27:19 PM »

We need a Republican President. But honestly, I don't give a rip if they record my cell phone conversations. Marco Rubio, (since Scott Walker doesn't seem to be running.) may be a good option.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 10:31:42 PM »

We need a Republican President. But honestly, I don't give a rip if they record my cell phone conversations. Marco Rubio, (since Scott Walker doesn't seem to be running.) may be a good option.

Meh, I liked Rubio, then he got all squirrelly on the undocumented democrat stuff.

Build a fence, then worry about getting rid of the ones that already snuck in.

No point in amnesty where in 20 years we’ll have another 15 or 20 million illegals here. Gotta stop the leaks, especially with Isis in the picture now.

Something like this from Aliens would be a good start if a wall can’t be built right away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0pdmj5JdDY
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:34:33 PM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 03:56:29 AM »

I think we already have something very similar, only they fly and are used for spying and killing the enemies of Obama, God help us if the operators ever turn them loose on our citizens here!

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 04:29:57 AM »

Well Roger if it must be considered a ploy to gain votes, it certainly worked with me, abolishing the patriot act and gaining my Liberty that was stolen soon after 911 is to me a very important thing to me! Think about it, what other candidate is truly telling you that reducing the scope of the federal govt is their # 1 priority, they all seem to lie and tell us what they think we want to hear, only Rand Paul tells us what truly needs to happen and that is true Liberty and personal responsibility, Not free stuff!

Oh, believe me Slimjim, I'm glad he did what he did to prevent it from going any further.  All I meant was "some" are seeing it as a political stunt for votes.  Those are the cynics I'm speaking of.  What I find amusing is listen to the media reports; "it's splitting the republican party", "they are in disarray", etc...  The problem is, the democrats are just as split on this subject, within their own party as the republicans but the media won't report that.  I guess that's why I don't watch the news programs any more.  Roger   
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 08:57:58 AM »

I agree.  I could care less if they record my conversations but for me, I have nothing to hide and I'm willing to give up a little bit of my privacy if it means that they can intercept text messages or phone conversations that were in reference to a terrorist plot or something of that nature that puts public safety at risk.  Ever wonder how they find out where and when someone will be attempting to blow up a building with innocent civilians in it?  I'm sure this plays a big part in that.  Now, if I were a criminal or conducting illegal activity, I would say it is against the constitution to use the information gathered to prosecute me for what I said over a phone conversation that I had no idea was being recorded. 

The issue is, the government always wants to take things too far.  They start a program that was intended to provide reliable intel for serious issues that can save thousands of innocent lives and they start using their power for purposes that are outside of their scope of authority.  THAT i have a problem with.   
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 10:55:36 AM »

Even before, during, and now after the Patriot Act, I've always assumed we're all under surveillance and being recorded.  I wouldn't assume otherwise, ever, at this point.  If you think they aren't, you're delusional. 

I have nothing to hide and I'm willing to give up a little bit of my privacy if it means that they can intercept text messages or phone conversations that were in reference to a terrorist plot or something of that nature that puts public safety at risk.

No.  Give an inch and they'll take a mile.  Hand in your assault weapons because you have no reason to have them and it'll make the public safer  :o

That's exactly the reason we're losing our freedoms.  England is one of the most watched, listened to, and recorded in the world and they have a huge issue with terrorist attacks.  Maybe I should allow weekly inspections of my property by the local PD to make sure I'm not up to anything bad?  Where does it end?  It should have never begun, but it did under the guise of security. 

“If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom. ”
― Dwight D. Eisenhower

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 02:42:43 PM »

They don't exactly listen to YOUR conversations.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 04:07:07 PM »

Without a Warrant they should not be listening or logging anyone's phone calls period?

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 05:13:31 PM »

That's what you would think, slim.  The thing is, they don't know who they need a warrant for because they don't know who they need to be watching.  When they have scanners that constantly search for key words, it pinpoints the targets for them.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all about our constitution and everything that it stands for.  However, it's a scary time that we live in so I'm ok with getting searched before I enter a government building or before I board a plane and even if they want to scan my text messages.  You and I aren't even remotely close to being interesting enough for them to give two craps about what we are texting or talking about over the phone.  They aren't looking for drug dealers, they are looking for people who plan on becoming killers.
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2015, 08:40:12 PM »

I agree.  I could care less if they record my conversations but for me, I have nothing to hide and I'm willing to give up a little bit of my privacy if it means that they can intercept text messages or phone conversations that were in reference to a terrorist plot or something of that nature that puts public safety at risk.  Ever wonder how they find out where and when someone will be attempting to blow up a building with innocent civilians in it?  I'm sure this plays a big part in that.  Now, if I were a criminal or conducting illegal activity, I would say it is against the constitution to use the information gathered to prosecute me for what I said over a phone conversation that I had no idea was being recorded. 

I’ve been over to England three times to vacation and visit the wife’s side of the family, they have those CCTV cameras everywhere. At first they didn’t bother me much as they obviously work there, our Auntie Ingrid lives in a town of 35,000, has no police on duty except for 8 hours a day and mostly they are there taking accident reports and such, if crime is a problem in an area they just add more CCTV camera’s. Here a town of 35,000 with no police on duty would tear it self apart. So yes they obviously work there.

Last time there though I’ve come to despise those cameras, by recording my every movement they are assuming I’m guilty and just waiting for the proof. I’ve flipped several the bird on the last trip just to see what would happen if anything.

By giving up a freedom, which I consider the same as privacy for security your coming ever closer to losing all your freedoms, I love visiting England but it bugs me to no end that my little 3” NRA pocket knife is considered a lethal weapon there as it locks, so I have to leave it in the Jeep at O’Hare. They’ve stripped their citizens of the right to bear arms years ago and now talk is of banning kitchen knives over a certain size….

Kitchen knives for gods sake, and they’ve taken it a step further even, over there if you are pulled over under the suspicion of drunk driving you are automatically assumed to be guilty until you can prove yourself innocent, doesn’t matter if it takes a year to get to court, you will NOT drive until you can prove yourself innocent. Let me repeat that, guilty until proved innocent. All this of course is for the “safety of the public”, sounds very familiar to recording our phone calls without our permission does it not?

This country is lost if enough people start to think that giving up a little freedom is worth a little bit of worthless security.

Worthless you may ask? Worthless I say. That little bit of security didn’t stop the Boston bombing and didn’t give the authorities enough heads up to stop the tom f*ckery at the Draw Mohammed event either.

Been a long day, I’m tired, not near as eloquent as I can be discussing politics, but this pretty much sums it all up:

For those of you who have seen it a little blurb with my comments in bold print.

”And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.

Sounds very much like the politically correct movement doesn’t it?

How did this happen? Who’s to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you’re looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn’t be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. Fear got the best of you, and in your panic you turned to the now high chancellor, Adam Sutler. He promised you order, he promised you peace, and all he demanded in return was your silent, obedient consent.~~~~~~People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people”

Change high chancellor Adam Sutler to Bush and Obama and pretty much hit that on the head.

For those of you who haven’t the clip:

https://youtu.be/KKvvOFIHs4k
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 08:47:38 PM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

Pages: [1] 2 3