Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Truth about Wood Doctor by president  (Read 48338 times)

Arthur Turple

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Truth about Wood Doctor by president
« on: November 12, 2010, 02:03:16 PM »

Registration Agreement
You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law

Your registration says no defamatory talk, but you continue to encourage it by allowing accusations and lies to run wild.

I am not, nor have I ever been the owner, nor part owner, of Hawkens Energy, nor Global Hydronics.  I should not be listed as such.
My only connection to Global Hydronics was about 8 years ago we sold 34 of their furnaces as a low cost stainless furnace, and before that we sold some Pacific Western furnaces from Glen Rawlings of Atticokan, Ontario.  These were built by Convey All manufacturing which started Global Hydronics.  Both companies have the same owner Bob Toad, of Winkler MB.  Global Hydronics also manufactured the Hawkens furnaces until recently.

The “My Leaky Wood Doctor” is a Global Hydronic furnace.  It is green and it has Global Hydronics on the certification and labels.   The customer saw the furnace before purchase.  He purchased a smaller Global and we gave him a larger Global at no extra cost.  Then it also failed.  We even ended out paying for the welder. 

I am the owner and president of Outside Heating Systems Ltd, which owns the Wood Doctor furnace.
I live in Truro, NS with my wife Jean.
Our office is in Truro, NS Canada.
Our manufacturing was at Silverwinds Metals in MB, Canada and also Fordham in SD.
Silverwinds Metals Box 159, Spirling, MB R0G 2M0  They now call our furnace a Polar Furnace.
Silverwinds Hutterite Colony signed a 5 year warranty with Outside Heating Systems Ltd to repair all Wood Doctors.
Their phone number is 204-626-3485 or 204-626-3381  or  204-750-1011  fax 204-626-3326
zacksr@silverwindsmetals.com  or zacksr@polarfurnace.com

I suspect that most of the comments are made by competitors, and may even include your company.  Why else would you start this forum?

Racist comments calling me a Morman, and a German are lies.  I am a Canadian as were my father and grandfather.  My great grandfather immigrated from Germany.  He was a minister in Halifax, NS.  My father was a minister, and I am a spirit filled Christian.

Comments linking me to all other outdoor furnace companies ownership is not true, although I wish it were.  My wealth has been greatly exaggerated.

The deception that calls himself "classaction" has been steadily dripping lies all over the internet, and is without a doubt a competitor which may also mean a member of this forum management.  Please reveal his IP address. 

Also "Fishhunter" appears to also be "classaction"  Check out the dates and times he was on your forum.  His deception is sloppy as his times match "classaction".

I now suspect that they are both John Hardy, of Nova Scotia. Canada. 
There is one person in particular who has been spreading lies about me, my family, my partners, and the company   He shows a picture or takes a fact and adds a lie to it to make the lie appear like the truth.  He goes by the handle of Hawken.   
I have even watched him do this before. 
Hawken real name is John Hardy. 
John is from Nova Scotia, Canada and was born in Amherst.
John hides under a few different handles. 

The Hawkin picture is also a fake.
John's life is a failure and he blames everyone else.
John Hardy suffers from Narcissism.

I did not answer any BBB inquiries in 2011 while in the middle of the battle with Silverwinds Hutterite Colony Hostile attack to get my distribution.  Things got really messy as we were not able to get furnaces.  Everything crashed in Nov 2011.

I own a few websites that help our internet ranking.  I am personally listed on both companies and websites.  My personal cell phone is 207-745-0854.  My home number is 902-893-3336.
Does the president of any other outdoor furnaces company make his own personal cell phone and home number available?

From spring 2011 to spring 2012, I went through the roughest year of my life.  Silverwinds Hutterite Colonystopped supplying HE8000 after we had sold a number, and then later stopped supplying all furnaces for awhile, but always told us that they would eventually build them.  At the end we managed to get one tractor trailer load of furnaces out before the credit card companies recalled all credit card payments.  The whole company crashed.

There are still a few people that have not received their furnace.
These orders will be taken care of.  They will receive a furnace.  It will be a better one.

I was approached by a few manufacturers that heard what had happened and wanted to help.  This was appreciated, but I was not mentally able to step back into the fray at the time.  I am ready now!

Some of the things said on the internet were true. 
We were way behind in deliveries all summer, mostly because they were not available.
When we crashed there were some undelivered furnaces.  They will be delivered soon.

THERE IS AN ANSWER TO THIS STEADY FAILURE OF FURNACES IN OUR INDUSTRY.
The answer will be on our website by May 1, 2012.
Arthur Turple, pres.
Wood Doctor

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:52:38 PM by Arthur Turple »

603doug

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Truth about Wood Doctor by president
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 02:38:36 PM »

I have a wd10000 and so far it has run 3 years 24/7 and the only issue I had the damper actuator went this fall but that is a honeywell product. Its well built and it heats 2 building just toasty.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 05:44:49 PM »

arthur.thanks for setting everyone (including me) straight. I have never intentionally bashed any stove manufacturer other than i don't believe most warranties are much good (so i try not to comment on them in any furnace forum other then the general forum) and i thank you for  yoru information as i was (falsely) under the impression that pacific western and wood doctor were the same stove. I t was told to me that pacific western closed up over too many warranty issues and then reopened as wood doctor and i believed this as the pacific western dealer in my area all of a sudden had 20 wood doctor models in his yard along side his remaining pacific westerns.

thanks again for setting me straight with your open letter to the forum.
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 05:32:55 PM »

arthur, i was trying to look up some infor about yor 30 year warranty on the wood doctor site, i can find none? why is that. would you care to elaberate on the warranty. it says 30 years on the boiler plate, does that mean on the welds also? do you warranty no leaks in the complete stove for 30 years or is this warranty also pro rated and if so at what percent and nubmer of years for each percent?

i wish each of the dealers for different models of stoves would come on the  forum pertaining to their stove and state the true warranty facts of their stoves. It appears that most (if not all) manufacturers seem to word their warranties with loop holes that let them out of repairs. I knew a fellow that had a pacific western, seam in water jacket let loose in year 2, his warranty after fighting for a month was they supplied a patch (a piece of 1/8 plate and he had to pay me to weld it on teh stove. I would say that warranty was worthless.

arthur i am not bashing you but giving you a  chance to be the first owner to truthfully spell out your warranty for everyone to see and if you are willing to do this i would challenge all the rest of the owners or agents of your compatition to come forth and do the same. there are many folks who are looking for info coming to this site and there are many horror stories of false warranty claims, give those looking for info before purchasing an OWB some truthful info on the warranty they would get if a problem arose with your product. all it would take to get this rolling would be 1 honest owner. arthur, is that you?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 05:34:42 PM by willieG »
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

oldchenowth

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 06:26:28 AM »

I have never met Arthur but I have talked to him a few times on the phone.  In my opinion, a very stand up guy!  I did have one problem in particular with my new stove that he had never seen before, he stepped up to the plate IMMEDIATELY to remedy the problem.  Flat out told me most of his business is word of mouth and wanted to make his customers happy.  He did just that.  There are no dealers in Michigan so I had to straight to the source.  I have never  talked directly to the CEO just by requesting it to hte person answering the phones, I did this time. 

My HE5000 is a well built unit that came up to temp within hours, burns less wood than I anticipated, and keeps my always cold wife a toasty 77f.  Honestly, who is crazy enough to post a personal cell # on the web if he won't back up his word?

Expensive?  Maybe, aren't they all?  but $3000 less than I could buy from an other brand dealer near me.  Answered numerous questions that now seem very basic, but always curtious about it.  Probably one of the best investments I have ever made.  I hope you did make a profit on my purchase, Arthur. I am putting money back in my pocket every day it is below 60 outside because of your product. 

My step daughter does hate Arthur though.  This is her first experience stacking wood.  Can't please everyone though, can you?

Thank you Arthur.

Rich Ginther
Portland, MI
Brand new 2010 HE5000 delivered in October, freakin too hot to sleep in November.  But that is my wifes fault.

dirtryder

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 06:50:04 AM »

Hello,
I would just like to chime in on my HE5000 Wood Doctor that I had all last season and this season. I love it. Well built, works perfectly, and as the previous poster said, I too needed a little "instruction" on running it it just right and the company was fantastic. I even have a cell # for Dave......who knows these units inside and out. I have always had pleasant conversations with them and all my questions were about me operating the unit. I would and have recomended the Wood Doctor to some folks near me. You can search this site for other posts I have previously posted on loving my Wood Doctor so you know I didn't do this just to reply to this perticular thread.

hawken

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 11:11:57 PM »

Well I think Arthur will not discuss the warranty as its a SCAM . I looked around and only found this on the NET, Buyer Beware , deal with a Honest company and not a Snake Oil Sales-man , All Germans are the same ! here is the warranty at 25 years , not sure what Scam the 30 year one is ?http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php?ACT=24&fid=21&aid=19559_hP5fyMr14pPdjOmtXP4U&board_id=1

hawken

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 01:43:47 AM »

Well looks like Arthur Turple of Wooddoctor  can not say a reply about his warranty as its all over the place as BAD !!!

Goodluck57
Rating: 96%, 6 Votes
My advise is this: STAY AWAY from Global Hydronics, Bio Heat, Wood Doctor, and Hawken Energy. All negative stuff out there on them. See arboristsite dot com for more information that is being posted search for Hawken Energy, you'll find it. The only real solution is to sue these companies as they have neglected customers for years, over and over again. It has been posted that Hawken Energy uses an "independent" report that claims Hawken is the best in the business, they are not!!! By the looks of it, the owner of Hawken Energy made up this report and is using one of his other business to promote it. This is pathetic.
I say stay away from Global, Bio Heat, and Wood Doctor, as It would seem that Global hydronics makes them all, at least they all look alike, and the warranty complaints on the internet name these companies as being the worst. Hawken Energy once sold Global Hydronics units that they relabeled as their own, but did not tell the costumers this. I guess they even printed a flyer that changed the model numbers, but when you got the unit on your land it was a Global Hydronics and not a Hawken Energy. One or more of these companies is being sued now. Nothing good to say about one of these companies. The whole thread over at arboristsite should be read as it uncovers a lot of information these companies did not want the public to know about.
Was this helpful?YesNo5 people thought this was helpful
Add a comment

Solution 3 posted 10 months ago

class action
Rating: 94%, 4 Votes
The reason they want you to ship it for repair is so you will forget about it !

You are correct its from Manitoba , its part of a Religious cult colony that is building them , and somehow part of the Rock Church out there, I saw one of the owners in a show in USA in 2009 , he and his buddies were joking about how many they can pump out under different names, all old second class steel . they offer 30 year warranty , I got one of the owners cards, some German guy Arthur Turple from Truro Nova Scotia , he has many names I find.www.wooddoctorfurnace.com www.outdoorwoodfurnaces.ca and all owned by Outside Heating Systems Ltd . I think is like this so he can loose on a class action suit !!! so I see he selling all stock as fast as he can and under cut his DEALERS even Wood Doctor !
http://truro.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sel...AdIdZ183381387

http://truro.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sel...AdIdZ183381387

watch for Wood Doctor Truro Arthur Turple

Company/Society Name: OUTSIDE HEATING SYSTEM LTD.
Registry ID: 3043598
Type: N.S. Limited Company
Nature Of Business:
Jurisdiction: Nova Scotia
Registered Office: 35 COMMERCIAL STREET, SUITE 101
TRURO NS CANADA B2N 3H9
Mailing Address: 35 COMMERCIAL STREET, SUITE 101
TRURO NS Canada B2N 3H9

PEOPLE

RELATED REGISTRATIONS

This Company ...
THE WOOD DOCTOR Registered     
Was this helpful?YesNo3 people thought this was helpful
Add a comment

class action
10 months ago
firestarter  nova scotia Total Posts: 2 Joined 2009-02-27 I have a Boiler Plate model and it is 6 years old and has started to leak. My furnace was filled with antifreeze to help prevent corrosion, but that was a waist of time. I am being told that ” because I had installed a 8 foot section of chimney, condensation in the smoke pipe and ran down inside the firebox and this contributed to the welds failing(Rusting Out).” They are denying warranty. The warranty on the furnace is only good for 5 years. I saw the classic boiler furnaces a week after I had purchased my Wood Doctor and I thought it was a much better furnace, and now I am sure that I made a mistake. If they offered to give me a new furnace to replace this one I would sell it for as much as I could get for it and buy a Classic Boiler. I know there are allot of dead Wood Doctors www.wooddoctorfurnace.com in this area. The furnace worked well up until now, but I was waiting for the past two years for something to go wrong with it after hearing other peoples stories. Reply

class action
10 months ago
Burning Chunk  Nova Scotia, CanadaTotal Posts: 35Joined 2009-01-23 What a farce . . . yours rusted from the outside-in (inside-out to me would be from the water jacket, out!) and they are denying warranty. Does Wood Doctor say anywhere in the literature they provided to you that there is a limit on the length of pipe you can install and that this may happen if you install too long a piece and they will there-by void your warranty?
Did they convince you to ship your entire boiler to their factory for examination at your expense and then pull this excuse to void your warranty out of their hat?
So, “Now We Know!!”, Wood Doctor’s boiler plate lasts about 6 heating seasons before corroding through and leaking all over the ground and Heavy Duty Stainless Steel can corrode through in less than 3 heating seasons!!
Isn’t that Wood Doctor product just the cat’s meow!
So to add to the confusion that Wood Doctor seems to wallow in . . . is your boiler “Heavy Duty Full Boiler Plate” or did they manage to slip you something they might now describe as “Light Duty Half Boiler Plate” that you didn’t think you had bought from them in the first place?
Wood Doctor is telling me now, that I originally bought a Light Duty Stainless Steel Global Hydronics boiler from them. Funny, how I never heard any of these terms until well after the fact! I know what I bought from them, “A Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Wood Doctor Furnace!”
It’s like they’re trying to say, “You bought our cheap product and got what you paid for! What did you expect, Dah!”
Leaky :down:

class action
10 months ago
firestarter nova scotiaTotal Posts: 2Joined 2009-02-27 I can’t find the literature that came with the furnace when I bought it, I will look for it soon. But I have a friend with the same set up and he isn’t having any problems (YET). They told me that my furnace only had a 5 year FULL warranty and I’m not sure what the replacement warranty is , 30 year warranty is a SCAM ! , I have to talk to them again. It’s not like I purchased there cheapest model. I paid almost $10 000 CASH for the furnace, its a big one.
What I am planning to do is to get a welder down and cut the thing wide open and perform the repairs and I will take some pictures of the thing opened up and then I am going to put it in the Auto Trader for sale as scrap metal. Free advertising for them, I will also put it on the net. I was so upset when they screwed me around, I decided that I would have more fun screwing with them and hopefully prevent someone else from making the same mistake that I did. They didn’t even come look at it. I called them when I discovered the problem and it took them almost 3 weeks to get back to me and say they were not going to cover it. It was some Arthur Turple salesman and really sounded strange on the phone like he was working from his truck. Its a real candy *** operation that they are running. I am going to take the furnace right apart and inspect the entire furnace and rebuild it they way they should have built it in the first place. And when it blowes up I will buy a one from Central Boiler. Be aware WOODDOCTOR is No GOOD ! Reply
View More Comments
Solution 4 posted 1 year ago

alenorm
Rating: 84%, 275 Votes
Usually leaqks comes from two sources one from the vent that may be closed with dirts or from the condensing unit that is building ice and that may need to be cleaned too. open the unit and start it and see where the water coming from does it buid on the bottom and if you can see if you have any dirts...ssometime th ehole is too small see if you can make new one big
Was this helpful?YesNo1 person thought this was helpful
Add a comment

hawken666
17 days ago
Best to Study the warranty , Like WoorDoctor Arthur Turple has a SCAM warranty and refuses to discuss it ! Re: Truth about Wood Doctor by president « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 05:32:55 PM » Quote arthur, i was trying to look up some infor about yor 30 year warranty on the wood doctor site, i can find none? why is that. would you care to elaberate on the warranty. it says 30 years on the boiler plate, does that mean on the welds also? do you warranty no leaks in the complete stove for 30 years or is this warranty also pro rated and if so at what percent and nubmer of years for each percent? i wish each of the dealers for different models of stoves would come on the forum pertaining to their stove and state the true warranty facts of their stoves. It appears that most (if not all) manufacturers seem to word their warranties with loop holes that let them out of repairs. I knew a fellow that had a pacific western, seam in water jacket let loose in year 2, his warranty after fighting for a month was they supplied a patch (a piece of 1/8 plate and he had to pay me to weld it on teh stove. I would say that warranty was worthless. arthur i am not bashing you but giving you a chance to be the first owner to truthfully spell out your warranty for everyone to see and if you are willing to do this i would challenge all the rest of the owners or agents of your compatition to come forth and do the same. there are many folks who are looking for info coming to this site and there are many horror stories of false warranty claims, give those looking for info before purchasing an OWB some truthful info on the warranty they would get if a problem arose with your product. all it would take to get this rolling would be 1 honest owner. arthur, is that you? « Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 05:34:42 PM by willieG » Report to moderator Logged home made OWB (2001) Ontario Canada
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 05:46:28 AM by PhinPhan »

bankrupt

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 06:11:35 AM »

Well I think the Wood Doctor can not reply on warranty as he is no longer in business .

PROFILE -  THE WOOD DOCTOR - as of:  2011-04-09 09:01 AM

Business/Organization Name:    THE WOOD DOCTOR
Registry ID:   3012848
Type:    Partnership/Business Name
Nature of Business:    OUTDOOR FURNACE DEALERSHIP
Jurisdiction:   Nova Scotia
Registered Office:   101 - 35 Commercial Street 
Truro NS Canada B2N 3H9
Mailing Address:    101-35 Commercial Street   
Truro NS Canada B2N 3H9

PEOPLE

Name   Position   Civic Address   Mailing Address
ARTHUR TURPLE   Recognized Agent    101-35 Commercial Street
Truro NS B2N 3H9    101-35 Commercial Street
Truro NS B2N 3H9

ACTIVITIES

Activity   Date
Revoked for Non-Payment   2010-12-06

artbaldoni

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-175 Modified to burn coal and/or wood.
  • Continuously burning since 2010!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 05:44:02 PM »

I have no dog in this fight. I did, however, notice that your signature does not list any Wood Doctor Boiler.

I looked at the WD units and thought they looked decent but after reading all the bad reports on many different sites I chose a different product. I tjust seems to me that there is either some truth to the reports or a few people are really out to get the Wood Doctor.  :bag:
Nature's Comfort  NCB-175
Dolmar 5105 20"
Makita DCS6401 28"
1995 5/8 ton Dodge
7 x 14 10k Trailer
Bobcat 7753 w/EEL Tracks
22T Huskee Splitter
Fiskars X-27
Fiskars X-11
15 # Monster Maul
Titan 60"  Twin Cyl. Root Grapple

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 06:32:04 PM »

This is very interesting.
I am still confused about what Canadian boilers are made by who. I also assumed that they a lot of them came from the same factory because they all are made almost the same. Some of the things that stick out are the legs, hook on the roof, name plate on the side just below the roof, control box, chimney, bypass etc.
If they are completely different manufacturers then why do they do so many things the same?

bankrupt

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 02:53:50 AM »

Marty , My wife's Mother is German and a great Lover so I have no issues here . Maybe you have the wrong meaning , I simply said  "I Think"  This was after reading the challenge on the post by willieG   to the owner Arthur to explain his 30 year warranty , I too have looked at buying a unit for next year , but after I did some post reading and a simple search I found out that his Company has been Revoked for NON Payment , was easy to find
 https://rjsc.gov.ns.ca/rjsc/  search Data base under Wood Doctor !

Now while someone maybe answering the telephone and even deliver a Furnace , I would sure bet that the 30 Year warranty is by by . If there is no company there to look after the warranty what good is it if its a 1 year or 30 year ? Just my opinion only.

And willieG Member http://outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo.com/forum/index.php?topic=714.0
"arthur i am not bashing you but giving you a  chance to be the first owner to truthfully spell out your warranty for everyone to see and if you are willing to do this i would challenge all the rest of the owners or agents of your compatition to come forth and do the same. there are many folks who are looking for info coming to this site and there are many horror stories of false warranty claims, give those looking for info before purchasing an OWB some truthful info on the warranty they would get if a problem arose with your product. all it would take to get this rolling would be 1 honest owner. arthur, is that you?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 05:34:42 PM by willieG "

Seems like the Owner is not interested to even reply about the Warranty in November 13/2011 and in December 2010 his Company is Revoked for NON Payment !! , Just saying looks BAD !!!!!!

:pic:
https://rjsc.gov.ns.ca/rjsc/search/viewProfile.do
PROFILE -  THE WOOD DOCTOR - as of:  2011-04-12 05:41 AM

Business/Organization Name:    THE WOOD DOCTOR
Registry ID:   3012848
Type:    Partnership/Business Name
Nature of Business:    OUTDOOR FURNACE DEALERSHIP
Jurisdiction:   Nova Scotia
Registered Office:   101 - 35 Commercial Street 
Truro NS Canada B2N 3H9
Mailing Address:    101-35 Commercial Street   
Truro NS Canada B2N 3H9

PEOPLE

Name   Position   Civic Address   Mailing Address
ARTHUR TURPLE   Recognized Agent    101-35 Commercial Street
Truro NS B2N 3H9    101-35 Commercial Street
Truro NS B2N 3H9

Activity   Date
Revoked for Non-Payment   2010-12-06
Annual Renewal   2009-09-04
Renewal Information Update   2009-03-20
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 02:55:21 AM by bankrupt »

bankrupt

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2011, 02:23:45 AM »

After reading all the warranty info from Hawken also it seems same as the rest. Maybe its better to build your own ?

oldchenowth

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 10:55:28 AM »

I bought a WD 5000 in October last year so I am locked in no matter what the warranty and life expectancy turns out to be.  I have to say that some of the "official" looking info in above posts has me a little concerned with my furnace.  As of this day I am quite happy with my stove.  I, too, have had some minor issues. One absolutely Wood Doctors doing (fixed at their cost) and some mine (damp wood seems to clog up the exhaust fan and lock it up).  As for the rusting out problem..... would a light weight oil work in place of water?  wouldn't that keep corrosion to a minimum (at least on the inside)?  Just a thought to try and spearhead any future problems.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 11:04:18 AM »

Do you mean filling the water jacket with oil? If you do that, I wouldn't want to be around that thing if it started to leak into the firebox with a hot fire going. Even if it didn't leak, there would be flammable fumes coming out of the overflow.
Just use a good water treatment and make sure there is enough concentration at all times. Keeping the firebox clean helps also. Damp ashes are very corrosive.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4