Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: firewood processor build  (Read 17456 times)

quik_vw

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: firewood processor build
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 06:46:25 PM »

I have been busy tending to other stuff, but I will be back in the shop tomorrow morning, making sparks again!  I am closing in on the splitting cylinder, I have the mounts bored for the pins, all of the knife pieces are cut to size and ready for sharpening on the mill.  Engine is in place, filled with oil and test fired!  I have all of the trailer frame cross-members and upright supports cut to length so there's plenty of welding to be done.  I was having some issues with my wire feeder, but have it straightened out and it is working as good as ever.  I will be laying out the saw bar and drive system next while I catch up on machine work and welding.  The remainder of my bearings and some other goodies will be here mid week.  I have the hydraulic tank material sheared to size and will be working on that soon as well.  I should be able to post some more pics very soon.  BTW, the boiler is looking good, hope the layoff is just enough to let you catch up and get heat in the house :thumbup:

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 05:13:52 AM »

Sounds like you have a plan.I understand how life can get in the way of your projects.Looks like you have plenty to do for a few days.I had a problem with my wire feeder also.I ran out of wire and gas.LOL! ;D
Looks like I will be off another week also,WHich totally sucks.I was hoping to have the boiler done by sunday,but maybe not.Going to get back done to single digits again by monday. :bash:
Well have fun ,and I will look forward to some pics.
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 07:50:09 PM »

Hey Quik_VW!!!!!!!
   Whats the status of your little project here?I know how life can slow projects down.Hope things are going well :thumbup:
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

fastfirewood

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 04:32:50 PM »

here is a good site about a homemade firewood processor mite be of some use and give you's sum ideas!
http://woodprocessor.blogspot.com/    :post:

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:36:01 PM by fastfirewood »

whitepine2

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: P&M 250
  • OWF Model: 250 optermizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 05:43:53 PM »

This is something I put together about ten years ago,has split 100's cords (128 cords) of wood.

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]

whitepine2

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: P&M 250
  • OWF Model: 250 optermizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2012, 01:40:21 PM »

Three more pic's used 80HP turbo from PU truck 4 cly.(isusu sp?) PUP madel total cost about $900 nice to have friends and stuff hanging around. Has 6" main piston don't stop pushing

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]

Calopolus

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 200CS
  • It'll Burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 11:10:37 AM »

I too have been drooling over differerent firewood processors. I found this one on an Aussie site. I loved the different idea. If I could buy one, this would be it. http://www.superaxe.com.au/whitlands-rex-700-900.html

Calopolus

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 200CS
  • It'll Burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 11:21:14 AM »

If I ever build my own, I would like to have it split like that one, but I would make it like a press. We have these tables at work, called load formers. It has a 1" thick stainless sheet, about five feet wide and six feet long. We stack the boxes from the line on it and hit a button and it retracts. That way the loads are all uniform and we dont have to try and stack them by hand. Think of it like a waiter pulling the table clothout real fast. I wanted to design a splitter with twin rams that you could put the logs on a sheet, it would retract leaving the logs on a grate. Then the rams would push them through the grate. I took a 600# grate from a rock quarry grinding machine last year to the junk yard  :bash: Heavy heavy steel on that sucker.

By having it push down through a grate, you would eliminate the need to chunk off the logs like this machine does. Oh the dreams I have.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 11:22:56 AM by Calopolus »

Ramjet

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: M-250 pellet burner
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 11:42:01 AM »

Good afternoon guys I am new to the forum but have about 30 years designing hydraulic systems and even built a processor about 18 years go. Since have cut it up for scrap.

But anyways feel free to Ask me hydraulic questions.

walkerdogman85

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 08:35:13 AM »

A friend of mine built a splitter last winter and the problem he is having is sometimes it will just run up against wood and not split like mabye the second stage isn't kicking I don't know much about hydros. Its powered by a 14 hp motor if you turn the pressure relief up it will go but he ripped the wedge off after doing that. Ill try to get more details so mabye we can figure this out
Michael West
Central Ohio

walkerdogman85

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 08:44:35 AM »

here are some pics of it
Michael West
Central Ohio
Pages: 1 [2]