Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Circulator UP26-99 vs. UPS26-99  (Read 4005 times)

Nick

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: HE 8000
    • View Profile
Circulator UP26-99 vs. UPS26-99
« on: November 29, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »

I recently had to replace the circulator pump on my non-pressurized wood doctor 8000. The pump the stove was installed with was a Grundfos UP26-99 which is no longer available. They crossed it to a Grundfos UPS26-99 3-speed pump. The problem I am having is it doesn’t seem to be producing enough heat to my forced air plenum. Last winter I had all kinds of heat and even cracked the windows all winter long. Now, I can’t seem to get enough heat blowing up thru the floor grates. I measured the temperature at the grate and it is only 26 Celcius therefore causing the blower to run continuosly to bring my home up to a warm temperature. I have tried draining some water from the supply line ahead of the circulator and also removed the coil in the plenum to see if it was plugged. I also tried all 3 speeds on the circulator with same results. The supply side of the coil is very hot to touch but the return is not. This new UPS26-99 circulator has a check valve in it where the original didnt.

It is getting pretty cold these days and any help or suggestions would bve appreciated.

Thank you,

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Circulator UP26-99 vs. UPS26-99
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 08:36:12 PM »

Pull out the check valve and see if that helps. It may be causing some air to get trapped before the pump.

NewToIt

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: XL (14,000 sq. ft.)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 09:50:48 AM »

I was told to take out the check valve on mine before installation.  I can't remember the reasoning behind that because it's been some time ago, but it has worked fine since day one.
Not so "NewToIt" anymore..... up and running for 3 yrs. now!!

farmermike

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: wooddoctor
  • OWF Model: HE-8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 07:31:31 AM »

I have the UPS in mine,actually the third one(bad luck with pumps,but that's another story).I don't think I have a check valve in mine and it would serve no purpose to have one.Could your check valve be in backwards?Without seeing your hook-up,I can't see that an airlock could be a problem.
Good luck.
stihl 362
stihl 361
speeco wood splitter
Anderson m-115 trailer/grapple
couture logging winch

JMA

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 07:57:45 AM »

Almost all non-heat problems are from air trapped somewhere in the system.

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: BP 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 04:25:30 AM »

Sounds like an air block to me.  Can you cut into the loop at the lowest point and put in a tee to add water?  As suggested I would remove the check valve.  Was the new pump installed so the water circulates in the proper direction?  Hope it is fixed by now.