Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are you ready?  (Read 3862 times)

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
Re: Are you ready?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 06:18:49 AM »

I'll be interested to see Coolidge if you nailed your issue with the floor, remind me what you found again with it?

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2017, 05:18:44 PM »

Too be honest I am not totally shure what I did was the problem, but everything pointed to it.
I did find some moisture between the slab and Insulation, thermal imaging showed much cooler slab temps in the back half of the slab
Western Maine

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2017, 05:33:46 PM »

Yeah, that's why I will be interested to see. I think it was because any water trapped between the slab and vapor barrier would dry quickly I would think with the heat of the slab unless it was constantly being replaced by more ground water.

aarmga

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-250
  • Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2017, 03:45:06 PM »

I have 7 cords up on pallets drying since last June. This will be my first year with 1.5 year seasoned wood. I will be really interested to see how it burns. Last year my wood was seasoned 6 months. I burned 6.75 cords last winter and the winter before  with 6 month seasoned wood. That was down from 12-13 cords of unseasoned wood that I used to burn in the old hardy h4. I split a piece of oak the other day which had the bark falling off, is dark gray/ black on the ends and very cracked. It metered at 35% mc on the fresh split!!!! The ends measured 22%. Wow! Even the maple was only down to only 25%. This was measured with the 4 prong meter that came with the g200. Its a nice meter but damn is it accurate? The wood all has the bark fall off and has that loud crack when banged togeather.

The meter I have says the only way to get an accurate reading is to measure the moisture right away after a split on the split face of the log.  This is the way I alsways try and take my readings now.  If I don't I usually try and add about 10% moisture from the end of the log reading.
Stihl 211 - 16"
Remington Rodeo Pro - 20"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
SpeeCo 22 Ton Honda splitter
JD 1025r with FEL
Natures Comfort NCB 250 custom added overhead air injection
Pages: 1 [2]