Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Are you ready?  (Read 9841 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Are you ready?
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 05:20:24 PM »

Scott,

I would like to claim laziness and stupidity as my defense.  I am quite surprised at how well my dead stuff burns in my gasifier.  I did get more creosote than I like sometimes, but I got mine later in the year last year where I did not know I would be burning wood.  This season the guy that rents our family fields did not leave a lane in the crops so I have to wait until I have access, that won't happen again I assure you.  I think luck had something to do with it also, but I agree, I like seasoned wood.

Hey i wasnt knocking ya!  I just figured they almost required good seasoned hardwood, I'm sure dead stuff will do good, but I bet when you throw some one year old seasoned oak/hickory she'll really shine!
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 06:37:10 PM »

You are not alone Jackel, I am behind as usual again this year. Only have a couple of cords seasoned. More on ground, about half split. Tree guy bringin wood soon I hopes. I have not had any real problems burning improperly to non seasoned wood in my gasifier. Of course, I run her hot and heat the shop, house, domestic water and keep her cranked up.

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 12:52:44 PM »

Yeah mine will eat the wet stuff also.I seem to get alot more ash in the box than if it is dry.The particulate matter ends up finer and blow out the stack better when its dry.
I have all the logs from hauling last year laying over at the nieghbors.I just have to get over there and start wittling them in about 2 more days :thumbup:
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2011, 06:37:12 AM »

Yeah mine will eat the wet stuff also.I seem to get alot more ash in the box than if it is dry.The particulate matter ends up finer and blow out the stack better when its dry.
I have all the logs from hauling last year laying over at the nieghbors.I just have to get over there and start wittling them in about 2 more days :thumbup:
Talked to tree friend at the ball game last night, says he has 2-3 years worth of oak for me off one job, needs my trailers to help get it all out in addition to his trucks and trailers. He burns too, so he should be pretty accurate on amount. All OAK. Sweet bejesus, the mother load! Of course this pile will be for next year and beyond, i reckon.

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 07:36:51 PM »

Talked to tree friend at the ball game last night, says he has 2-3 years worth of oak for me off one job, needs my trailers to help get it all out in addition to his trucks and trailers. He burns too, so he should be pretty accurate on amount. All OAK. Sweet bejesus, the mother load! Of course this pile will be for next year and beyond, i reckon.

Well did you get some of this mother load home?I sure hope you did get some of that.
I have got about 1 1/2 to 2 cords split and stacked so far.Plan to cut all day sunday after doing some running in the morning.I do have a big spread out pile in the weeds of old stuff cut several years ago.I think alot of it is getting rotten.I am going to have to get it cleaned up and stacked.There is probably a good 3 or more cords of that stuff lying around.
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »

Jackel,
         Yeah got some home, but friend had some family issues, so stalled for now. This week sometime should have the last of it home. Another 36" dia. x  15' log or 2 of oak and a 30-36" dia x 30'  hickory left. to haul home. Still need to get those split up but brought a bunch of wing-wood home too. My 13 yr old needs to get going on splitting.

powerstroke

• OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: Series 290
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 03:05:58 PM »

A true 20 cords here.......bring it on Mother Nature!!!!
Stihl 310 20" bar

Stihl 391 25" bar

Homelite  14" bar

Shaver Pro Series 290

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 06:09:17 PM »

Jackel,
         Yeah got some home, but friend had some family issues, so stalled for now. This week sometime should have the last of it home. Another 36" dia. x  15' log or 2 of oak and a 30-36" dia x 30'  hickory left. to haul home. Still need to get those split up but brought a bunch of wing-wood home too. My 13 yr old needs to get going on splitting.

Oh that sounds awesome.I would love to get some 30" + diameter logs .Most of mine is around 20" or so.Got through about 12 logs today cut up.Still need to split all those and stack them.Been pulling teeeth to keep my son busy with the wood. :bash:
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2011, 06:11:11 PM »

Sweet stck of wood!Sure wish my wood was all cut and stacked.Nice setup you have.Everythings nice and close. :thumbup:
New Holland LS170
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

powerstroke

• OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: Series 290
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2011, 08:39:06 PM »

I really enjoy cuttin and splittin wood.  I have about another 40 cords seasoning in a monster pile!  If this winter was like last (pretty wicked here in central Illinois), I should hopefully have about half of what is in those pictures left for next year.......fingers crossed.
Stihl 310 20" bar

Stihl 391 25" bar

Homelite  14" bar

Shaver Pro Series 290

BIGDIESEL20S

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 06:33:46 AM »

Very nice Powerstroke!! Like the set up, I really enjoy cutting my wood but I wish I had more on the pile than what I have. Ya know if you get bored I know where you could cut and stack some wood! >:D
2002 F250 SUPER DUTY 4X4
1994 CHEVROLET S-10 4X4
HOME MADE 20 TON SPLITER
STIHL: 009, 011, MS250, 026, MS260, 028 SUPER,  028FARMBOSS, 029 SUPER, 031, 031 SUPER, 066.
176 ACERS HALF WOODS
HOME MADE PICKUP BED TRAILER
801 FORD POWERMASTER
B414 ITERNATIONAL
H FARMALL

oldchenowth

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 02:28:49 PM »

I hear ya Jackyl, I have a fifteen year old that likes to walk around in shorts in December when it is 77 in the house, but God forbid they get out there and help get the wood ready to get to the 77.  Wood, the most efficient heat source out there.  Free (to us), heats you when you cut it, split it, load it, unload it, stack it, and burn it.  Dang kid should never even have a chill.

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 07:24:38 AM »

If  only my pile was split and stacked...................Jealous here.......BIG TIME!

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 07:26:50 AM »

I tell my son the same thing. Also told him it would replace some of his weight lifting for football, basketball, etc.  Get a work out and help dad too.

BIGDIESEL20S

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 07:27:41 AM »

Just last night we was working up a tree out of my yard that had to go. The boys 11 and 6 were to help. 5 min in to the progect, 6 climbing around on and under the brush pile >:(, ok thats fine he is to small to do vary much. 5 min after that, 11 standing right in the way looking at the moon i guess? :bash: This went on for a good bit with a few HEY get to work over there's. Finally I had enuff, I told them just to go play since they wanted play time so dang bad just go play. But if you go play now when I go in and watch the game (family play time), both of you get to go to bed >:D >:D. By gosh there was smoke coming off them shoes.
2002 F250 SUPER DUTY 4X4
1994 CHEVROLET S-10 4X4
HOME MADE 20 TON SPLITER
STIHL: 009, 011, MS250, 026, MS260, 028 SUPER,  028FARMBOSS, 029 SUPER, 031, 031 SUPER, 066.
176 ACERS HALF WOODS
HOME MADE PICKUP BED TRAILER
801 FORD POWERMASTER
B414 ITERNATIONAL
H FARMALL
Pages: 1 [2] 3