Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Are you ready?  (Read 9900 times)

oldchenowth

Re: Are you ready?
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2011, 05:26:32 PM »

Getting close for this year.  About 4 cords put in the shed.  More dry to get next weekend out of the woods that has been down for a while. 

Next year I am all good shape.  I have about a cord and a half in the barn seasoning, neighbor three doors down wants 17 walnuts gone (sell the straights) and I can have the tops and crooked limbs (a lot), and tonight the guy across the road wants 5 big ones in his yard to just be gone,  Seems I have all the wet wood I could ever want this year.  Just have to get back in the woods to get the dry stuff home, but I'm close.

teburman

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Are you ready?
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 09:23:43 PM »

Wood wise I am fine. This year’s wood is in the shed! Seven full cords that spent most of last summer stacked on the front yard drying in the sun. I am stacking next years wood now - about 1/3 done. If I don't get it done before snow flies I’ll stack it in the spring.   

The boiler is another story - I have six of the fire bricks out and sitting on the work bench. I'm waiting for a return call for the dealer on the availability of an insulation layer under the fire brick. I hope he has good news!! More on that later...
It's a good life if you don't weaken.

Bloomingdale - in the Adirondack Mountains of NY.
Pages: 1 2 [3]