Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Looking for a recommendation for a supplier of a load of logs near Fenton, MI  (Read 6776 times)

jerkash

• OWF Brand: Legend
    • View Profile

Looks nice, but just wondering why you split your wood in such small pieces?

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile

one reason he prob did it cause it's easier to handle than big chunks of wood..A lot of my wood of wood is split
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile

I split anything that is bigger than 10 inches in diameter in half. I have found if you split it like firewood for a wood stove that you really go through a lot more wood, atleast with my Hardy. Everyone's stove is different too with what it likes. I have never operated an in the door forced draft fan, my Hardy is a bottom draft stove. I believe the bottom draft stove can burn wood a lot easier than if the fan was mounted in the door. I would like to see though how an in door model operates. I have a tough time keeping a coal bed in my stove because of the bottom draft style, the fan just burns all the coals up!

bajonesy77

• OWF Brand: Prosteel
  • OWF Model: 200
    • View Profile

one reason he prob did it cause it's easier to handle than big chunks of wood..A lot of my wood of wood is split
Correct, smashed my fingers to many times trying to put big rounds in so I split anything over 7-8  inchs.
Brave 22 ton splitter
Stihl 440 magnum 20" bar
Stihl 390 20" bar
McCullough timber bear 20" bar

up_in_smoke

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Earth
  • OWF Model: Mountain Man 505
    • View Profile

I'm right next door in Howell, MI. I have been looking for a truck load of wood myself to get started with.

I emailed coxxs logging and got this reply: Freight is 4 hrs one way. 2 grand for 50 thousand lbs of wood. Ten cord .
we take pics of it. Before it leaves the yard. Fuel is killin us. Sorry. We normally get 1500 around here for approx 4 hrs of truckin
total. Just too costly. al

Which is about the only lead on a full truck load I have so far. If you have someone in this area you would recommend pm or post their information. I currently have 2 full and 2 split seasoned cords on hand but I want to add to that soon.

Thanks

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile

50,000 pounds of wood...could be 10 cord, depending on wood type....50,000 pounds of freshly cut logs could also be 30 to 50 percent moisture and when dried could weigh a lot less
50,000 pounds of dry wood could be equal to 2.5 years (or more) of home heating and 2,000 dollars would be more than fair in my area
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

automan77

• OWF Brand: ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
  • Just say no to propane
    • View Profile

Mikes Logging 517-403-0701
Scott K
Stihl ms 311
Husky 455

St Clair County Michigan