Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: G400 Metal deterioration  (Read 53726 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: G400 Metal deterioration
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2020, 04:27:54 AM »

Sooo, it seems the two major dealers for HeatMaster no longer wish to comment on this problem HeatMaster, sweep it under the rug instead of answeringthe direct questions.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Superwd6

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: EClassic 2300
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2020, 10:21:58 AM »

Sad to see pitting  in this location. My standard steel Eclassic 2300 is on year 11 and has 0 corrosion under ash line . It’s harder for a dealer that didn’t sell the product to get warranty. I’m sure, like corrosion warranty on your car it’s no good for surface rust until the hole goes through 100% and leaks  :-\ . I stopped wasting money on central boilers Ashtroll and spend little on lime that actually neutralize the acid in firebox. Stack temps will be much higher on a stove after ash and dirt start to cover heat exchanger. Should see the galvanizing flake off flue pipes of oil fired water heaters after a few years  :o .

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2020, 11:57:51 AM »

What’s sad is that they sold a boiler with known issues at the smoke bypass and blamed it on the customer, I sure hope they do the right thing and replace the boiler with a current unit as well as an apology for accusing the customer of causing the issues!

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2020, 01:14:36 PM »

Sooo, it seems the two major dealers for HeatMaster no longer wish to comment on this problem HeatMaster, sweep it under the rug instead of answeringthe direct questions.

1: Why would a dealer for Heatmaster reply after you’re past behavior? No matter the reply, you’re going to take it and head off into unknown tangents and turn it into something it isn’t to fit your agenda.

2: I’m not replying as before you seemed to think as a moderator I shouldn’t have an opinion and shouldn’t be posting at all.

3: Pick one and run with it, I seem to remember a previous rant of yours was that the new air box was crap and shouldn’t have been put into production at all, yet now you’re claiming the design before the new air box was crap and should have never been sold until it was upgraded to the new design which was crap and should have never been sold, pick one.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 02:03:13 PM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2020, 01:58:10 PM »

History lesson for you Marty, the design that he has should never have been sold to him because the flat rectangular bypass was VERY prone to warping and leaking, this caused an incomplete burn as well as overheating of the fan and high stack temp losses, the next design was a round chamfered edge plate that fit int a machined piece of pipe, it worked awesome until they cheapened that design to a rolled receiver and lighter plate, then they decided to save money on the airboxes that I had so much trouble with and eventually got so fed up with the lies and money their service calls cost me, I quit! As far as you commenting, I’ve never said you shouldn’t comment, I have said that there should be more moderators that are not tied to any particular manufacturer as you certainly are and they should have veto power over your decisions to ban guys like me who want facts good or bad to be brought into the light and solved. I have nothing against you, Eldon, RSI or any of the dealers for them and certainly understand your dislike of me and the knowledge I posses of their product, it’s just to bad that you don’t seem to understand their faults and don’t want them held responsible! Next time you talk to good old Jake, tell him I’m still around and wanted to say hello! Oh and by the way, thanks for all the help and truthful posts with Dylan on Andrews boiler, that sure showed your true colors!

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2020, 02:08:58 PM »

My only comments on Andrews boiler was something was definitely wrong. Which was proved correct when the hole was found in the air channel.

See 1 and 2
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2020, 02:24:34 PM »

Was that all that you found Marty, the hole on the intake air was less than the size of a dime and yes, it was on the intake side which woul simply be allowing more air, kind of like the rotted out airboxes we dealt with from your supplier, the boiler ran fine! In fact I have spoken with the guy that bought that particular boiler and he’s very happy, come on Marty, you saw the drainage ditch, you know it was to divert water from his junk pipe and botched install but you chose not to show the facts to attempt to make me look bad.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2020, 02:29:07 PM »

And the hole let let it sit there and fill with creosote 24/7. We cut gauges in, no heat loss in the pipe.

And I’m done, see 2

Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2020, 02:42:39 PM »

Of course there wasn’t, the new ditch diverted the water away from the pipe, come on Marty, do you think that hole was there when we went to work on the boiler?

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2020, 02:58:45 PM »

I seem to recall an Andrew fella out East with a faulty stove a year or two ago that matches the description of this issue. Now, Mr Jim, are you referring to the ditch dug for the replacement line several feet uphill from the existing line that was a couple feet too short to reach the house? The ditch that was topographically higher than the old one? See, some of us would go with our gut and insist that water flows downhill which would have had it pooling against the house's foundation. Yet here you are, implying that a ditch with a higher elevation would, in fact, drain a lower ditch which happened to also be downhill from the "drainage" ditch. Would you care to explain the science behind drainage ditches defying gravity and forcing water to flow uphill? I'd LOVE to learn more about this (I'm a science geek) and I'll bet there are others that could benefit from the same knowledge.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2020, 03:24:59 PM »

You are correct sir, that was the boiler and let me try to explain in simple terms. I’m not sure where you got the idea that any water flowed uphill, that sir would be a miracle in itself. The case was a very poor installation  where the outer jacket fell a few feet short of the foundation so the pex was left unprotected, water flowed down the hill and against the foundation where the uninsulated pex entered the foundation. We shot the concrete wall and found 110 degree f temps for about 4 feet around those pipes. When Andrew dug the new ditch, it was a few feet uphill from the old pipe which then led down and away from the poor pipe and drained into his perimeter drains which allowed the pipe to dry out. That’s not so hard to understand is it?

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2020, 03:28:24 PM »

Sooo, now that it’s been attempted to divert attention away from the subject as it usually is whenever a problem HeatMaster boiler comes into the spotlight, direct question Marty, is good old Truthful Jake going to make things right here?

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2020, 04:19:30 AM »

I gather Shepard boy that you think it’s foolish of me to state facts, funny how some folks use religion to hide behind, yea, Jake did that as well!

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2020, 12:26:13 PM »

Well there we have it folks, the three biggest dealers and advocates of HeatMaster have spoken, no resolve yet, nope not even an admission of an issue that they all know exists, bible verses used to attempt to insult me, facts hidden, customers blamed for design defects. I sure hope your God can find the strength to forgive you for your blatant misuse of his book.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2020, 03:26:34 PM »

Well there we have it folks, the three biggest dealers and advocates of HeatMaster have spoken, no resolve yet, nope not even an admission of an issue that they all know exists, bible verses used to attempt to insult me, facts hidden, customers blamed for design defects. I sure hope your God can find the strength to forgive you for your blatant misuse of his book.

If the original poster wishes to contact me thru email or messages thru this board I’m fine with that, I’m just not playing anymore of you’re silly games since I know how it ends already.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7