Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: new outdoor greenwood boiler  (Read 6220 times)

charlie

• View Profile
new outdoor greenwood boiler
« on: April 11, 2008, 06:37:07 AM »

see greenwood boiler just came out with an epa approved outdoor wood boiler. it's called the aspen. looks to come in three sizes. :)
woodmaster 434 since 2002, 612 gal. storage stss; super splitt;stihl ms360.

charlie

• View Profile
Re: new outdoor greenwood boiler
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 05:40:59 PM »

Here a year later , and they are getting rid of the stoves. A little over 5 thousand. Feel sorry for people who paid full price.  They were over 8 thousand.  ???You really have to watch what you buy. Hope people will have a parts source, for a while. It's interesting to watch what stays around.
woodmaster 434 since 2002, 612 gal. storage stss; super splitt;stihl ms360.

bruey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 07:32:37 PM »

its a shame something like that can happen.  what stinks if the owners get the shaft and the company gets off free.  wish sonething could be done but i dont know what.  from what i have seen i dont see how any of them will work very well.  the amount of wood they can hold is limited, if its not dry it becomes a big problem, and it can go out if a log would block the port.  do you know how long they will hold a burn before refilling?
Newrichmond, Ohio

maine owb

• ASPEN 175 in Full Operation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 07:20:20 PM »

I bought the aspen 175, yes the company went bankrupt but the company that built it (pro fab) is a large solid company and they still sell the aspen 175 by the name of empyre. I love the stove, i heat 3300 sq feet and hot water here in maine and use 1 and 1/3 cord per month(6-7 cords per year), i load it two times per day no matter how cold and once per day in april and may.