Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: empyre pro 200 first impressions!  (Read 20825 times)

ecc_33

• View Profile
Re: empyre pro 200 first impressions!
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2014, 01:35:43 PM »

More pics. Over at my dads is our log splitter, his wood pile, coal pile, chain sharpener, MY homelite saw and his dolmar, And then my dolmar and new electric back up plan :D . Its taking everything I got not to take the 13hp honda off the generator and putting it on my racing go kart and beefing it up to about 50hp  :thumbup: >:D Also showing how much wood was left inside the stove last night after 12.5 hours. I put a huge round in the middle today. Should last until tommorrow morning.

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »

and the rest also dads morton low pro dumb trailer. Together with my backhoe/thumb and the trailer makes moving dry logs a breeze! just clamp on and lay them in the trailer. Tow over to my house and dumb right by the stove.

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]

Belknap

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2014, 05:36:50 PM »

Looks good.  Got plenty of equipment to get the job done.
Gilford NH

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 09:37:59 AM »

Thanks, That load of wood in the pic above went 20 hours! It was out this moring though. Burnt a half load just to get stove temp back up. Stove didn't stop running for 1.5 hours! when its this cold and windy out i'll check the wood alittle more often.

Belknap

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2014, 03:32:46 PM »

After cleaning mine yesterday I let it get way down and it took a couple hours to get everything back up and running well again.  I don't like to let it get too low.  Today I filled it 3/4 at 6 am and when I got home around 5 pm it was pretty low.  It was warm today so I was burning junk poplar.  I want to save my oak for when I need it.
Gilford NH

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2014, 08:23:54 AM »

Went 13 hours last night. I was up at 2:00a.m. and furnace was on and never shut off the whole hour I was up. went back to bed at 3:00a.m. I feared the fire was out and couldn't keep up with the cold weather/wind. I woke this morning at 7:00. Furnace was still on. House was a 67*. I was shocked cause our thermostat is set at 68*. Got dressed and went down and the wasn't any wood at all left. Raked the bottom of stove with steel rod and turned up a bunch of red coals. Filled boiler with nice dry splits and went into the house. Stove didn't shut off for 2 hours and 45 minutes!!! I couldn't believe it. Didn't figure it would have to run that long. Went out to see if it was almost out of wood and could only shove 3 pieces of split wood in it! Fire was going good. Everything looked good and by the time I put the wood in and shut the door water was up to 169*. i came in the house in time to see it shut down! I'll fill it up again tonight around 7 p.m. Have to go to work tommorrow so I'll fill it up around 5:30a.m.

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2014, 11:53:18 AM »

How about some pics of the system pumps, piping and exchangers too. Anyone ever call you spoiled, hahahaha
Michigan Thumber

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2014, 01:11:42 PM »

lol all the time sprinter. I have had a job every summer since I was in 4th grade. I have worked my butt off to get were im at now. It wasn't easy. First job was 5.50 a hr. My senior year I was making 8.50 a hour. It has went up tons since then with college and all the other good stuff but I still work hard hard hard. Im a heavy equipment mechanic and don't lead a easy life. Its dangerous and everything is stupid heavy. I am very thankful I grew up right and never went without. I can honestly say that! Here are the pics requested! Go easy on me with the mess of pex in the inside of the house. That pex is a pain to work with!!!! Sneaked a pic of my racin kart for you racer fans. AH says upload file is full contact a mod????? tried posting new thread and that didn't work either.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:23:21 PM by ecc_33 »

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »

went down this moring and my water temp was at 125* boiler was 3/4's full. Everything was on and working but there was no draft. Hit the back of the fire box a couple times with the cleanout tool and the draft door came open and everything was good. Came home tonight to a warm house thank the lord lol. Sprayed some pb blaster down the back left corner of the  box inside that square tubing were the draft comes from. Will take the blower off this weekend sometime and def report back of what i see and fine. Maybe just needs cleaned? I know my whole firebox is coated with a thin slimmy coat of what i assume is creosote. Maybe thats whats making it stick..... Time will tell.

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2014, 06:41:52 AM »

Hello ecc,

liking the thread and all the pics. Do you have plans for covering your wood?  I have a gasser too and have a metal carport right next to it for my wood to be under.  Best $700 spent,  they deliver and erect right on your spot.
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.

frankus33

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: empyre
  • OWF Model: pro 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 08:42:19 AM »

Anyway i just want people to know that empyre does NOT stand behind their product and they just hide behind warranty rules that don't apply.

I have a small business and stand behind my product. When i realize i screw up i fix the problem at my own expense so does a lot of other business owners.

EMPYRE MEANS NO WARRANTY

And that's exactly why you'll stay a small business, notice how many big companies run wild then go bankrupt and reopen under new name doing same thing. We had a builder do this here for 98.2 million, less than a year later he was back developing and building again. Unfortunately his multimillion dollar bankruptcy killed 31 of our communities biggest contractors and suppliers. Vacant buildings no jobs and lots of people left.
I think you are beating a dead horse now, there are much better ways to spread your story and in a much more credible way. Your not alone with an Empyre horror story, there's lots out there and from what I've read, you got off REAL lucky with just a stat. If I were you I think I would post detailed pics of your problem and the solution to help others prevent another story like yours. I think its best to help keep these boilers in top shape and helping others is the only way to do that. Coming up with ideas and contributing will get you more Milage and help other owners too.

I hope for ec33's sake he never has a problem like many others have. Looks like he's got a great thing going with some sweet toys too. I like all the pics, and yes he has to clean up dat der pex. Mount that stuff to some nice plywood and label......hahahaa          you don't hear a lot of good stories like his,cuz the net is about a lot of whiners and complainers , when they have problems. Not many go out of their way to post up how great everything is, so thanks for the good thread ecc33.  Keep the pics coming, can never have enough.

I explained and detailed my problem if you would have take time to read from previous post.
again all i'm saying is if you buy an empyre product, and there is a legitimate defect with the furnace, they won't backup their products.
like you said there is lots of empyre horror story and i just want to let people know.
as per personal attack on small business owner,this has nothing to do with this.(cheap shot). Not gentlemen at all.
farmers help  put food on your table and you should appreciate the fact . 
Coming here and insulting me having a small business and as for whiners, saying the truth has nothing to do with it.

your comments are just a personal attack,but don't worry,people can read between the lines.

EMPYRE MEANS NO WARRANTY

racnruss

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort gt-220 sold P&M Optimizer 250 sold now Heatmaster 10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 11:26:49 AM »

Frankus,

OK, we get it, you wouldn't buy another Empyre because of the problems you've had with yours.  I feel you, many of us have had to make homemade improvements on very expensive stoves that we shouldn't have to.

But some of these forums are from people that have already spent their hard earned money on an Empyre.  They don't need to be told not to buy one.  Maybe you could just help them improve on what they have based on your experience.

I mean, who hasn't wanted a "do over" in their life at some point?
Tree service Owner/Operator since 1997.  Central Iowa.

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2014, 09:03:50 AM »

Hello ecc,

liking the thread and all the pics. Do you have plans for covering your wood?  I have a gasser too and have a metal carport right next to it for my wood to be under.  Best $700 spent,  they deliver and erect right on your spot.
Thanks and yes, I plan on building a building right beside the boiler and put a lean to over the boiler and wood.

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2014, 06:21:12 PM »

Dont spray stuff in the back of the boiler to try and lubercate the draft door. There is four 5/16 screws that hold the blower and door together. Pull it apart and just clean it. I wish I would have took pics today but it was a mess. The door was fine but a lot of hard gooie slimy creosote lookin stuff in there. cleaned it out and scraped it all out and everything was good. I think puttin  a can of PB blaster down the back of that tube was a wrong thing to do. Just trying to help someone out. I would clean that thing a couple times a heating season if possible from what i've seen. Just trying to give a honest awnser and reply.

MaverickM23

• OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: Pro 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2014, 11:00:16 AM »

I've cleaned my air box three times now, but each time I think Im getting less of the slimy gooey stuff. The first time was a real mess lots in there I noticed it dripping out of the small hole in the corner, but lately haven't had any dripping out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4