Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: ProFab has some issues!  (Read 40037 times)

cbofei

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: empyre
  • OWF Model: 200 xt
    • View Profile
Re: ProFab has some issues!
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 01:14:53 PM »

How do u change the differential?.  I thought that might help in early spring and fall as well

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Pro fab
  • OWF Model: Pro 400
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 05:16:19 PM »

overloading the stove! So your saying if you buy a truck that can tow 2,700lbs and your pulling a trailer that weights 1,900lbs. And the motor blows! You saying it was NOT LOADED ENOUGH????? 12 to 15 hr burn time? Sounds like the same as I mentioned "once a day load" also heating DW. 3 women in house who love showers!,
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 06:40:33 PM by Spyder5276 »

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 09:31:06 PM »

You don't have to believe anything I say, that's up to you

But whoever sold you a gasser to heat 1/4 the space it was designed for should know that or should have better instructed you as to the bad effects of having a gassifier over sized that much

Your example has nothing to do with any of the processes going on in a gassifier outdoor wood furnace

In the truck the fuel injection controls the amount of fuel going in, you are flooding the system with 2 much available fuel for the job at hand, that's why the extra gasses are going to cool spots by the fan to condense and cause damage. 

Once again? Let me say, I'm not defending anyone or saying it's your fault, but if u wanna get the most life out of your unit please listen

12 hour burn times are twice a day, you said you were filling it once a day

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 06:25:29 AM »

As a direct competitor and also what I consider a friend I will agree with Scott 100% on this one.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 06:23:09 PM »

If Your burner is running now with temps going from 45/65 then your also not pulling on your burner. I get what your trying to say. BUT COME ON! Less than 4 months and it's a junk box!!!!  And still sitting with Holes in it. Cause the Dealer feels he sold it now, you deal with it!  O Profab does not even want to respond! NOW THATS CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE!! BUY USA PEOPLE!!!

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2014, 03:45:51 PM »

If Your burner is running now with temps going from 45/65 then your also not pulling on your burner. I get what your trying to say. BUT COME ON! Less than 4 months and it's a junk box!!!!  And still sitting with Holes in it. Cause the Dealer feels he sold it now, you deal with it!  O Profab does not even want to respond! NOW THATS CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE!! BUY USA PEOPLE!!!

It is made in the u.s.a, right there in lawrenceburg Tennessee.  Nationality dont have nothing to do with it tho

What parts are u needing??  Maybe I can help if your dealer wont

Slim had a good analogy about the truck scenario, trucks have transmissions for varying loads of work, you dont always drive your truck around in 6th gear. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Hammersquash

• OWF Brand: Empyre
  • OWF Model: 200 ProHS
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2014, 05:34:28 PM »

Slim had a good analogy about the truck scenario, trucks have transmissions for varying loads of work, you dont always drive your truck around in 6th gear.

Diesel particulate filters may be an even better analogy.  You used to be able to idle a diesel all day long but with the particulate filters and the varying methods of self cleaning you will plug one up pretty bad if you are not using the truck to its intended capacity.  Likewise can happen when exhaust temperatures exceed thresholds.  Underuse=over loading with soot, overuse= filter meltdown.
Stihl 362
Stihl 660 Magnum
Kubota BX25
New Holland L213
Fiskars X27
2012 F250 King Ranch 6.7 TD

Spyder5276

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 07:22:23 PM »

I get it. I get all what is bein said. But on the back side. If such a thing can and will happen. Build it to with stand it. Also had several people out to look at it and could not believe the metal!

I do not need parts. They sent a band aide to fix it but there is no metal to screw it to. See the plate in the one picture. Other than that it sits with holes in it and plugged solid. Time to attorney up!

TheBoiler

• OWF Brand: Garn
  • OWF Model: WHS2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2014, 09:17:29 PM »

The specs for what they are worth suggest an output of between 150,000btus and 350,000btus.

I am going to guess that you heat load is nowhere near the lower number.

I assume you do not have any storage, that might help, burn it hard dump the excess heat into storage. A 1000 gallon Propane tank would do.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2014, 05:26:51 AM »

Snyder, in my opinion that is the wrong attitude to start with, allow me to say that as a troubleshooting rep that gets almost every call for help from P and M customers having trouble, I normally start the conversation by saying let's stop with the blame game and start by finding out where or what went wrong, perhaps the issue can be diagnosed and therefor fixed to the satisfaction of both parties, lawyers are there to take monies from both sides, do you wonder why they seem to migrate into political office, I strongly suggest that you first try to work with the manufacturer, perhaps they are not aware of the issue or are underestimating it, perhaps you may have some ideas on how to fix it, for example, Morgan in Michigan has one of our units that was severely oversized from day one, it needs to be replaced, nobody is at fault, we have come to an agreement on that part and Tom has agreed to help with feeding us some information that will help us solve the problems for somebody else, nobody loses and everybody wins, if we can all work together
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2014, 06:25:42 AM »

Wasting your time spyder, only one who will make anything is the lawyer and your stove will still be down. 

The plate they sent you covers the whole mounting area, correct?

Have you thought about any other means of attaching it other than screws?  I think there is enough material
Left to make something work.

What can they not believe about the steel?  If its thickness, its only an air duct, if it was thicker the end result wouldnt be much different with the oversizing, just delayed a little
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 09:02:41 AM »

Why does he have to fix anything? Unless slim gets involved with every case and it becomes public, nothing gets resolved. Why does it have to be so hard. This does give new customers a good pic, for product or gassifiers. Didn't pro fab just close down that factory as was mentioned in another thread.
Michigan Thumber

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2014, 03:48:04 PM »

Why does he have to fix anything? Unless slim gets involved with every case and it becomes public, nothing gets resolved. Why does it have to be so hard. This does give new customers a good pic, for product or gassifiers. Didn't pro fab just close down that factory as was mentioned in another thread.

No sprinter, it has nothing to do with that at all.  Empyre closed the Canadian facility because they have one much larger near Nashville where there are 10x more certified welders for stoves and oil rig stuff.

I don't know what you think slim has anything to do with this situation,  I have offered to help him and you see its went no where.  Why does he have to fix anything?  Who really knows, I'm not calling him a liar but know everything has to be viewed with an open mind and not a game of blame.  Maybe his dealer doesn't service stoves or is a new dealer,  heck, whatever it's all pure speculation.

I though would like to help him if it's simply to create some leverage for him,  I would like to know who his dealer was etc etc etc

But I also know I need to hear more than simply what the customer has said, that's why when something like this happens it's better for everyone to come together and work it out,  i know Empyre doesn't do a lot direct with customers as that's what dealers are for, that's why id like to know who it was so the story can come out, whatever it may be

I can only say when u start hollering lawyer nothing will ever be done, the dealer will wash his hands of it and Empyre will basically do the same.   If he truly wants help, cooler heads will prevail and I can likely get him the help he needs,  if it's a dealer error or something it's hard telling what he's telling Empyre, but once again, all pure speculation

But once again I don't know how slim commenting on the topic has anything to do with it,  we all know he tried to help Roxanne, and it's a good thing he did
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:18:49 PM by Scott7m »
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2014, 03:51:05 PM »

Scott I wanted to explain the same thing but you made it sound better than what I had to write! Good post!
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2014, 05:16:37 PM »

Scott I wanted to explain the same thing but you made it sound better than what I had to write! Good post!

Thank you...  We have to get to the bottom of it first and then go from there
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9