Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fired up  (Read 2257 times)

Bud Man

• OWF Brand: P&M
  • OWF Model: BL 2840
    • View Profile
Fired up
« on: November 17, 2016, 08:11:58 PM »

Lighted the fire today. Kinda warm but supposed to get cooler and maybe freeze this weekend....about time! It was nice to get harvest done, calves weaned and started on feed, cows on cornstalks and fertilizer applied before the weather turned bad. Yields were the best ever. Overall, a good year for our family and looking forward to a good heating season.
Livin' on a long and lonesome highway east of Omaha.

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
Re: Fired up
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 03:11:52 AM »

Better to have it going before the cold to work out anything that could be wrong!!
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

patvetzal

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: ML36
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 04:08:00 PM »

Moved our boiler this summer, but it was October before I could get my helpers interested. Now it sits there with two runs of Logstar sticking out of a hole beside the heater. Snow tomorrow and my tenant/helper is getting interested now that the deer season is over....
All kinds if dead beech up in the bush that got cut last fall but still laying on the ground. Same story, don't need it yet so it can sit there .... At least I have about 10 bush cord in the shed that I did myself....Feels good to vent with a fire in the woodstove and the geothermal idling,
80 acres of Bancroft bush and Ontario rock, a sweet wife, a few chickens, fishing rod, most everything I need....Most of it made by John Deere, Polaris, Stihl, Ruger, Jeep or me...

silver star

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 06:40:54 PM »

Yes sir!  Had a fishing trip to Idaho this week. Committed to getting it going upon my return.
Temperatures are dropped enough that it was perfect timing.

Wood I cut last year and early 2016 is burning good. Just got up to operating temparature. Added fresh batteries to the thermostat and now settling in to a cozy home.

We did a bump-out on our kitchen, and added a sun room on to of the bump out. Put in large windows to enjoy the view of the back 40.   The builder asked about E-rating. I told him i needed it to help keep AC costs down as heating is cheap.  The window sales guy said what we ordered is mostly sold in Florida. 

By the way, these windows are awesome. We have a ranch house built in 1972. Added a second level 12 years ago . We didn't upgrade down stairs.  The windows we installed downstairs last year, are noticeably superior to the top of the line units upstairs.  No more drafts down below, even had new units replaced in the holes where the builder had removed siding for upstairs work. If anyone is looking to upgrade, i will find out the brand.
Husbands must learn to forget their mistakes. No reason two people should remember them forever.

patvetzal

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: ML36
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 03:36:48 PM »

Got the air out of the lines and the tenant is using that heat now. Its gonna be his job to feed the OWB and I just bring the wood down from the woodsheds in the tractor bucket.
Six inches of wet snow is making it a little messy with another week of warm (around 0C during the day) coming. Our lake is frozen over but it might start to open up next week.
Need some cold dry air to clear things up.
80 acres of Bancroft bush and Ontario rock, a sweet wife, a few chickens, fishing rod, most everything I need....Most of it made by John Deere, Polaris, Stihl, Ruger, Jeep or me...