Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
 on: October 28, 2022, 06:44:15 AM 
Started by Radio Tech1964 - Last post by MarkP
I cleaned mine last year, and it was really dirty!!!  It was used to heat the garage, and I took it outside and sprayed through the exterior with water, and not much came off.  I do a good bit of welding/fabrication/painting in the garage, so it wasn't going to come off easy.  I sprayed mine with Purple Power, let it set for about 5 minutes, and rinsed it liberally with warm water.  I know the Purple Power can be corrosive to aluminum, but I did my best to get it rinsed clear.  I'm not sure the efficiency improved, but it sure looked better.  I also installed a filter frame when I put it all back together.    No issues so far.

While I had it apart, I did flush the inside as well.  I filled it with white vinegar and let it soak, then a good rinse.   Much improved!

on: October 19, 2022, 04:59:21 PM 
Started by Bourboncask - Last post by RSI
If it was me I wouldn't do it. I would think it would damage the steel.

on: October 19, 2022, 09:15:54 AM 
Started by Bourboncask - Last post by Bourboncask
Just curious if anyone here has ever used or thought to use a pneumatic needle gun to go after the creosote inside the fire box??  I've had my CB 760 HDX for three years now.  I've cleaned the corners of the fire box and the air tube channel out by using a chisel and hammer.  I don't like the idea of taking a hammer and chisel to the fire box, but I don't have a better way to clean it out. 

I've been using a pneumatic needle gun to clean rust off my Chiller end bells at work when I lay them up for the winter.  I had the idea of using the same needle gun to clean the creosote.  I can't think of a reason why this wouldn't work.  I plan on trying it this coming weekend.  If it works, I'll let you guys know.  Just wondering if anyone has tried this method before I run a 100' air hose and a compressor out to the boiler and find out I got my hopes up for nothing... 

on: September 27, 2022, 05:29:31 PM 
Started by Radio Tech1964 - Last post by Radio Tech1964
I can report back that this works excellent!  I couldn't really see where mine was that dirty but after foaming it up and letting it set there was all kinds of brown foam coming from it. It did increase my air supply a little and that was greatly appreciated. Maybe not part of the yearly start up service but ever couple of years it seems it would make a difference.

on: September 24, 2022, 02:24:28 PM 
Started by Radio Tech1964 - Last post by hoardac
Had to have my wood delivered split this year. Rotator cuff surgery/ now hernia surgery set me way back. I hope it is mellow and late because we only have 4 cord :-\ Have a pile that is seasoned but not touched but I wont be ready to process any till December at the earliest. Fixed the inside heating stuff that needed fixing hope the outside is working good cannot really try and mess with it. You do not realize how important a strong back and weak mind is until your out of commission.

on: September 23, 2022, 07:27:38 AM 
Started by Radio Tech1964 - Last post by Scratch
Wow, I don’t even have my woodshed full yet… I better get crackin!

on: September 22, 2022, 11:04:46 AM 
Started by Radio Tech1964 - Last post by BoilerHouse
Fired up my boiler a couple days ago when the forecast said we were due for some cooler weather.  Glad I did, temp today is a high of 10C, and frost tonight.  The next week will be cool, and looks like it will be wet too.  So it is nice to have the boiler going again.

on: September 12, 2022, 06:48:12 PM 
I'm wondering would it be safe to use a light coil cleaner similar to what I use for evaporator coils in AC servicing?  I have kept the filters clean since I reinstalled here where I'm located now. I had it located in the breech of the return duct and it was fairly dusty at out other location. The actual coil is not really seriously dirty but I've never cleaned it and I'm getting started servicing things for winter as I have time. Air handler today and boiler maybe next week if it's not monsoonal again!  I have used this Viper evaporator cleaner on a lot of occasions with no trouble and just wondering if anyone else had tried this approach. My wife considers me OCD but I just considering it doing the whole job,no short cuts LOL  Even on my own system LOL

Just to clarify this is for the outside of the exchanger,white vinegar makes a great back flush agent :)

Thanks Guys

WT

on: September 07, 2022, 12:33:42 AM 
I don't know how everyone else's climate has been behaving but it's been making signs winter wants to fire up earlier than usual this year
We've already been down into the mid 40's a few times
Just curious :D

Wt

on: August 21, 2022, 12:08:02 PM 
Started by redleg105 - Last post by redleg105
I have a 24x48 garage with in floor heat. It was never hooked up by the previous owner. the lines from the boiler are there.
I run my boiler at 170-180 to heat the house and there is a heat exchanger which lowers the temp to 90. Do I need to install
a heat exchanger and tempering valve in the garage or can I run the 170-180 water directly in. I have a thermostat and a circulator pump already. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you

Art

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10