Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Water Treatment  (Read 9919 times)

charlie

• View Profile
Water Treatment
« on: October 03, 2008, 08:17:06 AM »

Just a word of praise for the good honest people at"Wood Boiler Solutions,LLC". I have a seven year old Woodmaster 434 series, that runs year round. Drained my stove 2 years ago and treated it with their products and refilled. This year I added their 101 solution and sent them a water sample afterwards. My stove water sample has come back with great results and very low iron, which means low corrision. PH was over 9 .This saves me dumping water every year and by not adding new water you are not putting alot of new oxygen into you open system, Which causes corrosion. These people know their stuff. By the way, these people sent me a free 19 dollar water test kit , for buying a half gallon of solution. Plus when I got my results back from their lab, they included a 15% off coupon for my next purchase. Didn't sell me one extra thing. Great People, check them out. If ever I sell my stove I have a nice record to show a future buyer. Charlie Wolz :thumbup:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 08:15:57 AM by charlie »
woodmaster 434 since 2002, 612 gal. storage stss; super splitt;stihl ms360.

jcappe

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Water Treatment
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 04:43:13 PM »

Thanks for the tip,  What does it typically cost to do the proper chemical treatments per year on the boiler?
Woodmaster 4400
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter
Old Chainsaw that still runs real good!

charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 05:51:27 PM »

jcappe, About 25-40 dollars. Depending on you water needs. Look at their site, you'll get a better idea.  Charlie

jcappe

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 03:42:52 PM »

Thanks Charlie  :thumbup:

My stove is being dropped off tomorrow!!!!!
Woodmaster 4400

charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 06:00:33 AM »

jcappe, whats nice about their 101 sloution is it keeps the metal above the water line from rusting, that's exposed to the air. Vapor's must coat the steel. Do it right from the start and no worries. They even make an in line water filter to run your stove water thru on the fill up. Enjoy your new stove!...Charlie

jcappe

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 10:54:58 AM »

Install was finished yesterday afternoon.  I had a 1/2 gallon of the Woodmaster brand water treatment that I used for now.  My dealer says to use this brand in case a warranty issue comes up.  I didn't have to test the water or anything,  was told to put it in for this heating season drain in the spring and put another 1/2 gallon in for next heating season.  Pretty simple but not sure if it's as good as what you are using.
Woodmaster 4400

charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 10:27:59 AM »

Jcappe, I use to do the same thing. Why add fresh water every year? The oxygen in new water is what causes corrision to begin with. Where do you dump over 100 gallons of water with solution? What I'm doing, you keep the water in your stove and just take care of it. You could drain off the bottom once a year, say a gallon, just to see what was in the bottom, until it runs clear. This way you just check your water quality and correct what is needed. Best thing is to give them a call and you decide then. Not trying to sell anyone anything. Just trying to have you get some service life from your stove and not have to get rid of all that water every year. Good luck! Charlie :)

jcappe

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 01:25:48 PM »

Your way definatley makes sense Charlie,  I wonder if I ever had a warranty issue if not using their "stuff" would put the axe to the warranty. 
Thanks for the input. 
Woodmaster 4400

charlie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2008, 01:48:10 PM »

jcappe, you would have to talk to the boiler solution people. I would think if you have a record of a yearly water test, that would be enough to keep your warranty. It certainly would show that there was no neglect on your part. I put a simple rain collar around my pipe , above the area it goes into the metal roof. Cheap insurance to keep water out of the insulation and keep your stove from rusting out. This backs up the problem of the silicone seal failing. Collar was less than 20 dollars. Get the same brand as the pipe so it fits. This should come with a new stove. Also I run a rain cap too. Keep it dry. Put high temp silicone around the collar where it meets the pipe. Make your stove last!...Charlie
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 04:41:42 AM by charlie »