Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Portage and main optimizer 250 refractory floor construction.  (Read 2250 times)

Jeremy.flaugh

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Home made
  • OWF Model: P&M 250 knockoff. I accidently made it that way.
    • View Profile

I really do not want to sound like a bum but I got a little stuck on a modification and I need some ideas on how the refractory floor is constructed in the 250 or any downdraft gasifer.

My plan is to build a floor 27x28x4 out of refractory and purchasing a nozzle from Karl my thoughts are will a part that large be able to support itself without cracking and failing plus holding a full box of wood. I really do not like the idea of putting steel in the secondary that's the problem I'm having now anything that's exposed to flame is quickly oxidizing and warping.

If anyone has any ideas or pictures I would greatly appreciate it.

Attached is a basic drawing of my firebox.
Or not it says the "The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator" so here is a link.
http://s737.photobucket.com/user/flaughs2000/media/Gassifer/New%20floor_zpsncgvi7b3.jpg.html

Here is the actual firebox.
http://s737.photobucket.com/user/flaughs2000/media/Gassifer/Side%20heat%20exchanger%20view2_zpsqinxzc7d.jpg.html

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Portage and main optimizer 250 refractory floor construction.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 04:23:34 AM »

I have not seen any issues with the base itself on any of the P and M gassers, only the nozzles burning out, the way it is designed, the base is held in place by weight of the side refractory wedging the base in place, even if the base cracks it cannot move due to the wedge shaped sides.
  Looking at your photo of your build, I do see some future issues that you may want to address, if you PM me your contact info I'll try to call and I'll give you my advice.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.