Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Just to let EVERYONE know.....  (Read 3633 times)

lugnut

• View Profile
Just to let EVERYONE know.....
« on: January 28, 2012, 02:51:10 PM »

I got the Ranco wired up last Tuesday.  I gave in and called my electrician.  I thank those who offered advice on my doing the wiring.  Believe me, I tried several times and just could not get the darn thing to operate, so I called in the big guns.   :thumbup:

What a world of difference!  So nice to be able to some what control when the damper opens and closes.  So I need everyone's input here...I have it set at off at 175 with a differential of 10*  What say you?

Lugnut   ;D
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Shaver Pro series 250 - Installed 10/28/2011
Cub Cadet / Yanmar 2450  sub-compact tractor
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 w/207k miles

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
Re: Just to let EVERYONE know.....
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 03:06:02 PM »

you now have a new toy to play with...many here run many different settings. after all the time i played with mine i have settled on 150 on ..160 off for wwhat reason...im not really sure

there is enough hot gasses in mine when it shuts down that if there is no draw on teh ehat load anywhere it will rise to almost 170 before the gasses are used up so i left it a little low i guess
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

tree climber

• OWF Brand: leaky 165 shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 04:43:42 PM »

glad you got it installed. let me know how that 10 deg works out. have mine set 160 off 4deg deff works ok but always looking for better

jimr

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 06:46:36 AM »

i've tried many settings as well. last winter i had mine set on a 3deg diff. @155deg. off.  with that setting my chimney would plug up quiet often.now i'm at 153 on and 163 0ff. no creosote what so ever. don't ask why i chose those figures but it works well. by next season the figures might be different.