Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Broken PexWorx?  (Read 1728 times)

oaky

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL-2840
    • View Profile
Broken PexWorx?
« on: October 03, 2015, 07:47:45 PM »

I came across this topic: Broken Pex, in the Plumbing category. According to this topic, the PEXworx may have quality issues. I was planning to order some of this brand name PEXworx pex-al-pex tubing to update my hydronic plumbing in the basement, but now I will have to do some research on this brand.

Has anyone else used this brand? My original plumbing installation was pex-al-pex made by Kitek, this was over 15 years ago, still in perfect working condition as well as all the pap compression fittings.. I'm pretty set staying with pex-al-pex & the recommended fittings for them. for my own personal reasons.
Husqvarna 272
Husqvarna 55
27 Ton Cub Cadet Log Splitter
John Deere 826D Walk-Behind Snowblower
Always A Good Pile Of Oak Firewood
Home is: West Central Wisconsin

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Broken PexWorx?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 09:36:28 PM »

How much pipe do you need? I have a couple pieces of Kitec (never used) laying around that you can have. They are probably around 20' long each.
I have not used the pexworx pex-al-pex but I like their pap compression fittings a lot better than kitec brand. I also have some used kitec fittings laying around that I replaced because they were leaking. If you have not had any issues with kitec fittings you are lucky. Usually half of them are green from leaking.

You will need to get the PAP reamer tool if you get the pexworx fittings or you will never get them in kitec pipe.

oaky

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL-2840
    • View Profile
Re: Broken PexWorx?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 09:11:12 AM »

Thanks for the offer, RSI. The way it looks for now, I will need approx. 2-25' pap runs, 1" ID, I haven;t added up the total length for 3/4" pap to my heating appliances, one of them will be reallocated. including installing a future 20 plate dwh and a supply/return manifold. I'll be doing the update after this upcoming heating season.

I guess I was one of the fortunate ones with the Kitec tube compression fittings. I would get an occasional leak over the 15 year period, I would tighten the compression nut slightly and it was good for several years again.

I'll have check into the pexworx compression fittings, heck a lot cheaper, not sure if the mpt will be able to turn when the compression nut is loosened, similar to the Kitec fittings where I was able to do away with union fittings because the mpt piece was able to turn inside the pap tube.
Husqvarna 272
Husqvarna 55
27 Ton Cub Cadet Log Splitter
John Deere 826D Walk-Behind Snowblower
Always A Good Pile Of Oak Firewood
Home is: West Central Wisconsin