Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Ridgewood aquastat already bad  (Read 2263 times)

Dawnpatrol

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
New Ridgewood aquastat already bad
« on: October 08, 2014, 08:02:03 PM »

My aquastat was all over the place, the temp would read 180 then in front of my eyes drop to 150 forcing the door to open then immediately climb back up causing  door to close ..I noticed this because I was outside and I could here that door open and close a bunch of times so I knew something wasn't right.
I called ridgewood on Saturday while it was happening and Tim determined it was a bad aquastat, he said a new one would be on the way shortly and for me to call him back and he would walk me through the set up. I received it today so kudos to Them for mailing it out immediately. It was a simple exchange, took one wire off and put one wire on the new one. I did notice when I pulled the old aquastat out from the sheet metal that a wire became loose and more or less fell out of the old aquastat...not sure if me  pulling this out caused it or if maybe it was loose to begin with and that cause the sporatic up and down temps. Not sure, but Tim and ridgewood were great to me and helped me get back to normal burning in no time at all. Big thanks to Tim!