Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New Rules for 2020  (Read 9014 times)

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: New Rules for 2020
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2017, 07:42:10 PM »

So it seems the hated liberals pushing the law wasn't so horrible after all....   >:D

You mean other than people losing jobs after the company they worked for folded either from not having a compliant model or not being able to afford the testing and certification?
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 06:05:26 AM »

So it seems the hated liberals pushing the law wasn't so horrible after all....   >:D

You mean other than people losing jobs after the company they worked for folded either from not having a compliant model or not being able to afford the testing and certification?
Absolutely. 
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 06:29:16 AM »

Then lets not forget about all the people who now have stoves wit worthless warranties as the manufacture’s closure was a direct result of the EPA rules?

Instead of forcing it on people, they could have done a slower phase in and had a program like cash for clunkers except cash for smokers.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 06:40:34 AM »

Then lets not forget about all the people who now have stoves wit worthless warranties as the manufacture’s closure was a direct result of the EPA rules?

Instead of forcing it on people, they could have done a slower phase in and had a program like cash for clunkers except cash for smokers.
There will always be whiny excuses to not deploy.  I'd rather government not continually drag on their regulations.  Get it over with and make a clean break so to speak. 

People can buy stoves and be in the same spot if a mfg goes belly up (and they have) irrespective of government compliance.  Personally I have a hard time feeling for companies that have such shoddy leadership that they can't manage to offer complying models.  It shows lack of research, understanding, and involvement in the industry.  There was no excuse for a stove mfg to be missing a compliant model from their lineup when the rules rolled out, none.

Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 07:38:54 AM »

There will always be whiny excuses to not deploy.  I'd rather government not continually drag on their regulations.  Get it over with and make a clean break so to speak. 

People can buy stoves and be in the same spot if a mfg goes belly up (and they have) irrespective of government compliance.  Personally I have a hard time feeling for companies that have such shoddy leadership that they can't manage to offer complying models.  It shows lack of research, understanding, and involvement in the industry.  There was no excuse for a stove mfg to be missing a compliant model from their lineup when the rules rolled out, none.

Well other than the pesky tens of thousands of dollars for each test for each model?
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 10:40:33 AM »

I know of two companies that had compliant stoves that went out. Seems like some companies that didn't do the R&D and just kept going are doing as well, due to lack of enforcement. In the end I wonder how much EPA had to do with companies failure but rather market conditions. Fuel , Natural gas, are just more economical than a few years back. But they did spur the gassification technology which was good in my opinion.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole
Pages: 1 [2]