Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Oil company  (Read 3055 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Oil company
« on: February 10, 2017, 03:27:34 AM »

Yesterday while at work, I receive a phone call from Irving Oil saying they made a delivery to the house but it only took 9 gallons.  They called to make sure everything is okay.  I assure them all is well but I heat the house with wood; the oil burner only runs when I exercise for a few minutes once a month.  She was satisfied with my answer.  I have been trying to get the oil company to remove me the auto fill ever since the OWB was installed.  Every time I call them and ask, they say they'll take care of it.  It's never been taken care of, they still show up every 6 months.  I keep telling them that I'll call when I need oil.  I may have to resort to removing the inspection tag on the fill tube again.  I had to do that 3 year ago due to them not removing the auto fill order.  The only down side to doing that way is if I need oil, they need to inspect the fill tube to be sure it's connected to the tank.  Thankfully they do not charge me for it but it's still an inconvenience because I have to stay home from work to let them in the house.  No one enters my house without me there.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

Cabo

• OWF Brand: P & M
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
Re: Oil company
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:36:28 AM »

I had the same problem here even after speaking with the drivers.  Don't remove the tag due to the PITA it creates with the inspection like you said.  Spin off your fill fitting and put a cap on.  Don't get a lockable fill cap as the drivers have keys and will take the off and fill regardless.  I even had a cardboard sign hung off the fill pipe indicating that i burned wood (plus you can see the OWB from the fill location) but do you think that mattered?  NOOOOOOOO.  You can't fix stupid; even with duct tape, but you sure can muffle it.

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 08:33:43 AM »

Good thing my oil company doesn't offer auto delivery. Cash and call only. I usually wait  until the price bottoms out and then I fill up all my equipment and about 8 jugs then I call and have the tank filled. We only use the oil in the summer for HW about a 1/4 tank a year.
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

juddspaintballs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 12:32:03 PM »

I called my propane company and got placed on "will call."  They don't automatically come out anymore and they're there within two days when I do call.  Now I just need to purchase my own tank so I'm not paying the tank rental fee anymore...

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 01:41:03 PM »

Good thing my oil company doesn't offer auto delivery. Cash and call only. I usually wait  until the price bottoms out and then I fill up all my equipment and about 8 jugs then I call and have the tank filled. We only use the oil in the summer for HW about a 1/4 tank a year.

BIG AL - That's what I'm trying to accomplish but I can't seem to get through to them on the concept.  I have no plans in the future to start burning oil again.  I consider bucking up the logs, splitting and stacking the wood a part of my wellness program.  Plus, even with the relatively low oil prices I would still be dishing out #3,000.00 per year for oil where now I'm only burning about 6 to 7 cord of wood at $120.00 per cord; that's less than a $1,000.00/year.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 06:42:20 PM »

After I got rear ended in 2014 it was still cheaper for me to buy a few loads of cheap wood at the auctions to supplement what I could cut instead of buying natural gas.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

kommandokenny

• OWF Brand: woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
  • smokem if ya gottem NEAR NORTH ONTARIO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 07:45:04 AM »

Yesterday while at work, I receive a phone call from Irving Oil saying they made a delivery to the house but it only took 9 gallons.  They called to make sure everything is okay.  I assure them all is well but I heat the house with wood; the oil burner only runs when I exercise for a few minutes once a month.  She was satisfied with my answer.  I have been trying to get the oil company to remove me the auto fill ever since the OWB was installed.  Every time I call them and ask, they say they'll take care of it.  It's never been taken care of, they still show up every 6 months.  I keep telling them that I'll call when I need oil.  I may have to resort to removing the inspection tag on the fill tube again.  I had to do that 3 year ago due to them not removing the auto fill order.  The only down side to doing that way is if I need oil, they need to inspect the fill tube to be sure it's connected to the tank.  Thankfully they do not charge me for it but it's still an inconvenience because I have to stay home from work to let them in the house.  No one enters my house without me there.  Roger

Yup propane truck wood not stop coming,,, till I locked the filler cap and "released the hounds"

PARRY SOUND ONTARIO
2012 RAPTOR
NORTON COMMANDO
H.D. ROAD KING
Sthil 026,038
Echo CS 310 [grandaughters]
SWISHER 22 TON
CANAM 850 tracked
GREAT DANE X 3

kommandokenny

• OWF Brand: woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400