Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: whats with the dem's always trying to take our rights????  (Read 3380 times)

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
whats with the dem's always trying to take our rights????
« on: January 06, 2016, 02:00:30 PM »

Leave us alone ,they ain't your guns their mine , if I was a frog I would be thinking the water is getting warm.....

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: whats with the dem's always trying to take our rights????
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 02:19:49 PM »

You can’t fully control your population if they can fight back, just ask Pol Pot, Mao, Lenin, Hitler, etc etc etc.

The un Affordable Care Act was jus the first step in getting the entire population under the governments very intrusive thumb.

Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2016, 03:51:45 AM »

We are dam close to what Saul  Alinsky has here.
Western Maine

silver star

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 09:39:29 AM »

I watched the President's town hall meeting, and the panel discussion afterward. They finally touched on the real issue on the panel discussion. Most gunnies have no issue with good background checks. The biggest reason for pushback at even reasonable gun laws, is "what is next?"

It was explained that there is an inherent distrust of the motive for new legislation, as it is a stepping stone for a move toward a ban.

I have purchased at gun shows before, and I dont have a problem with making purchases subject to FFL rules, regardless if the seller is not a dealer, but buying a space to sell from ne individual to another.
Husbands must learn to forget their mistakes. No reason two people should remember them forever.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 10:11:09 AM »

Most gunnies have no issue with good background checks. The biggest reason for pushback at even reasonable gun laws, is "what is next?"

It was explained that there is an inherent distrust of the motive for new legislation, as it is a stepping stone for a move toward a ban.

Exactly, Hitler didn’t come into power one day and started exterminating jews the next.

Indiana never used to have a seatbelt law, period. Don’t like em, didn’t have to wear it.

Then they passed a law due to the threat of funds being cut off from the feds.

First only front seat passengers in cars had to wear em, then front and back seat passengers in cars only, then it was everybody including all passengers in pick up trucks.

Personally I won’t drive without mine on, December 29th of 2013 we were in England visiting relatives on the wife’s side. Her cousin just picked us up from Luton airport as we spent several days in Scotland at a lodge on Loch Ness. On the way back to her cousins a silly little chickie pulled right out in front of us and we T boned her at 55mph. We all had our seatbelt’s on and walked away, they didn’t have theirs on and she was thrown out of the car and did a face plant in the road, all three were air lifted to the nearest trauma center. Both cars were totaled, hers spun like a top right off the road and into a ditch.

Then not 10 months later on Sep 23 the wife and I were stopped behind somebody else on the state highway we live on not 5 miles from home. Sun was in our eyes and the guy that came up behind us never seen our brake lights so he never hit his brakes. Rear ended us at 55MPH, almost sent us into the guy ahead of us, but since I already had my wheels turned to the left to go around the fool that was ahead of us wiping the inside of his windshield off we shot across the road, almost went down into the ditch and back then ended up in front of the guy that actually caused the whole thing. Both had our seatbelt on for that one as well, we walked away, guy that hit us didn’t have his seatbelt on but his airbag went off, still managed to put his knee thru the dashboard, he didn’t walk away.

I wear my seat belt but that doesn’t mean I like the ideal of being forced to wear my seatbelt. Seatbelt save lives, no doubt, but they don’t prevent accidents.

Back on track, residents of Indiana would have raised holy hell if the full law went into effect immediately, instead they took baby steps so the sheeple wouldn’t be alarmed.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 10:13:29 AM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

atvalaska

• 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 08:58:43 PM »

They pulled the seat belt chit up here...ever since THEY made it a law ...off it came... Leave me alone ,I down need another law, I'm fine....the 1st police  was formed in NY ...what did every one do prior to that ??? Kill rape mane 24 /7 ...no ...my vids in my tag line say a lot...all true ,disagree? Tell what's up ...😈

silver star

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 08:57:49 PM »

Yes those seat belt laws were urred on by a rep n my area. Funny she didnt worry about taking on ABATE over helmet laws. Only professed a concern about safety if there was no organized lobby to raise a stink.
Husbands must learn to forget their mistakes. No reason two people should remember them forever.

atvalaska

• 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 01:33:18 PM »

Some of the sheep out their amaze me , I was flipping thu the channels last nite  and I stopped by MSNBC to see what the enemy was up to /they were hashing out zero's speech....3 of the 5 guest in the 15 mins I watched ..want the prez to do more e-orders to fix things !!! Wtf ....I thought we fought a war to get rid of the king.…😈

silver star

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 07:09:20 PM »

I dont know why there is such a worry that guns are going o be taken. Any concerted effort gets defeated pretty quickly.
Heck now its even easier to get all kinds of goodies. I sign off on applications for silencers on a regular basis. Short barrelled shotguns are legal.

Always a worry, but NRA doesnt let them get too far. I wish folks would settle down, so i could buy a blasted box of .22s again.   Just have two bricks mailed to me to save the hassle.

I am attending the firearms law update at NRA conference in Louisville this Spring. Ollie North is one of the speakers. Should be a good time.

Bud Man

• OWF Brand: P&M
  • OWF Model: BL 2840
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 09:40:02 PM »

Funny to me the seatbelt law was mentioned. Halloween 1989 we had an ice storm show up about 11:00 that night. Had 40,000 bushels of wet corn in the dryer when we lost all electricity. I was harvesting corn on the east farm when it got too bad to go. Got home about 1:30, tried to get the generator to fire the drier but no luck, hard fuses were blown when power went down. 7am was in town and got fuses. Roads were pure ice. 5 miles from home I hit some pot holes and pickup went sideways, went sliding on the ice, into the ditch, 3 1/2 roll overs. I was thrown out. Pickup rolled over me. 2 vertebrae broken. I'm in ambulance and Highway Patrolman sticks his head in (when he tried to stop his car went in the ditch) and asked if I was wearing my seatbelt. No. He said, "You would be dead if you had been wearing it." 11 weeks later when I got home I saw my pickup. The steering wheel was where my knees should have been. I have been stopped twice since then for seatbelt violations. Show them some pics and they let me go.
Livin' on a long and lonesome highway east of Omaha.

agriffinjd

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 3444
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2016, 02:38:17 PM »

Funny to me the seatbelt law was mentioned. Halloween 1989 we had an ice storm show up about 11:00 that night. Had 40,000 bushels of wet corn in the dryer when we lost all electricity. I was harvesting corn on the east farm when it got too bad to go. Got home about 1:30, tried to get the generator to fire the drier but no luck, hard fuses were blown when power went down. 7am was in town and got fuses. Roads were pure ice. 5 miles from home I hit some pot holes and pickup went sideways, went sliding on the ice, into the ditch, 3 1/2 roll overs. I was thrown out. Pickup rolled over me. 2 vertebrae broken. I'm in ambulance and Highway Patrolman sticks his head in (when he tried to stop his car went in the ditch) and asked if I was wearing my seatbelt. No. He said, "You would be dead if you had been wearing it." 11 weeks later when I got home I saw my pickup. The steering wheel was where my knees should have been. I have been stopped twice since then for seatbelt violations. Show them some pics and they let me go.

We watched a guy roll his truck onto its side about 25 years ago.  He wasn't wearing a seat belt and he was thrown halfway out of the driver's side window.  Truck rolled onto him and crushed his lungs, all his ribs, sternum, etc.  Coworker tried CPR but it was like pushing on jelly.  Had the guy been wearing a seatbelt he'd have lived. 

So it can cut both ways.  As for me, I wear it.  You can still die wearing one, but you can die more ways without one.  I also like having it keep me in place and better able to maintain control of the vehicle after impact instead of getting tossed around inside the car.
----------------
U.P. of Michigan

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2016, 04:35:00 PM »

I dont know why there is such a worry that guns are going o be taken. Any concerted effort gets defeated pretty quickly.
Heck now its even easier to get all kinds of goodies. I sign off on applications for silencers on a regular basis. Short barrelled shotguns are legal.

Always a worry, but NRA doesnt let them get too far. I wish folks would settle down, so i could buy a blasted box of .22s again.   Just have two bricks mailed to me to save the hassle.

I am attending the firearms law update at NRA conference in Louisville this Spring. Ollie North is one of the speakers. Should be a good time.

All you need is another liberal judge or two on the supreme court and they can over turn the Heller decision which basically says the second amendment applies to individuals and not just militias. With the wrong judges on the SCOTUS once that decision is overturned the NRA can bitch all they want, you won’t get it reversed. Then expect the 4th, 10th and 1st amendments to take a serious hit. I think it was California that wanted to amend their state constitution to make it against the law to disagree with global warming therefore effectively seriously restricting your first amendment rights.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120