Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: With-drawl  (Read 9519 times)

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
With-drawl
« on: February 05, 2011, 08:59:26 AM »

HELP!!! need more postings. Having forum with-drawls. Please submit your posting immediately to alleviate this agonizing situation!

jackel440

• View Profile
Re: With-drawl
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »

I hear ya
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 09:21:20 AM »

Posts are getting a little slower and thinner all the time. Come on guys, winter ain't over yet!

ruger

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 05:59:59 PM »

check this out  http://www.bio-burner.com/  saw dust is cheeper then firewood

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 03:13:23 PM »

Very intersting.I went and checked it out.
I have to disagree on sawdust being cheaper.We have horses and bed with it.I get mine from the local sawmill and it is first come first serve.In the winter it gets hard to buy as they don't cut as much.It's $42 to buy a pick up truck bed heaped full.Sawdust doesn't go very far when you burn it.I wouldn't even want to think about trying to use it to fuel my gasifier.Now if you were to pellet it it would work better i would think.
I also don't see how he can feed sawdust with his auger system.Sawdust packs from it own weight,and will not flow like corn,pellets,beans.Novel idea but what a hassle.I have halled sawdust in gravity wagons ,and it will not come out without someone on top shoving it out.
just my experiance with it
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 06:12:36 PM »

Very intersting.I went and checked it out.
I have to disagree on sawdust being cheaper.We have horses and bed with it.I get mine from the local sawmill and it is first come first serve.In the winter it gets hard to buy as they don't cut as much.It's $42 to buy a pick up truck bed heaped full.Sawdust doesn't go very far when you burn it.I wouldn't even want to think about trying to use it to fuel my gasifier.Now if you were to pellet it it would work better i would think.
I also don't see how he can feed sawdust with his auger system.Sawdust packs from it own weight,and will not flow like corn,pellets,beans.Novel idea but what a hassle.I have halled sawdust in gravity wagons ,and it will not come out without someone on top shoving it out.
just my experiance with it
I'm glad you said it jackel. Those were my thoughts to a T. I like wood chip idea but now the utilities are looking to try to help fuel power plants that way. Figures that the utilities are still trying to put the screws to us, huh? Neat, but doesn't work for me. One would still be buying the fuel. YUK!

red devil

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 08:52:26 PM »

All that I saw was fancy advertising,its like someone drew or sketched something and made it look better. maybe I'm missing something but I  can burn anything it can do(I'll even throw you in for some btu)hahaha!!!Oh we all have some extra dog food laying around OH! I forgot we can burn that too!!!

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 06:00:20 AM »

All that I saw was fancy advertising,its like someone drew or sketched something and made it look better. maybe I'm missing something but I  can burn anything it can do(I'll even throw you in for some btu)hahaha!!!Oh we all have some extra dog food laying around OH! I forgot we can burn that too!!!
And dog food isn't exactly cheap these days. And the stuff  that is (at that big box store we all know and "love" so much) isn't fit for anything BUT burning.

ruger

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 07:27:24 AM »

saw dust is $18.00 pu load/$6.00 cu yard  how much you want. the horse people dodnt have any money this year. you can get dirty chip for free from tree company

red devil

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2011, 09:42:43 AM »

RUGER I apologize if you thought I was being rude to you that wasn't my intent. I was making fun of the marketing of that thing and boy why would you want to burn dog food???I can get my hands on chips and horse crap mixed as much as

red devil

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2011, 09:57:47 AM »

Ruger I apologize if you thought I was being rude to you that wasn't my intent. I was making fun of the marketing of that thing and boy why would they want to burn dog food?? I can get my hands on chips and horse crap mixed as much as I want but boy would that smell like sh@#$t hahahaha!!! get it?? heres another one why did the chef get arrested?? he was caught beating an egg, I know my wife even says to let that one go. sorry for the repost didn't think I submitted it half way thru.

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2011, 12:38:42 PM »

Ruger, I too apologize. Wood chips here are free. Saw dust, just not the best solution in my book. Any bio fuel used in place of anything from the oil companies is good in my book. Saw dust off the floor( as well as bark, twigs, cut offs) goes in the furnace now, so don't see a need for a unit especially for that. Flippin a switch on to start the augers to fuel the furnace doesn't count as burning wood to me. This is a lifestyle, man. Seriously, I do enjoy people's new ideas and commend them for trying to bring them to market. It keeps the mind a workin.

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 02:33:25 PM »

Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 03:04:38 PM »

Seen one of these in operation at the Ag. Expo at MSU here in Mi. Very impressive. I believe it will burn anything that will go through a 1 inch screen and under 45% or 50% moisture. Very cool. By the way, I'm new here. Trying to respond to bioburner post. I'm as computer illiterate as one can possibly come. Hopefully this will go to the right spot.
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

tulenutn2o

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 05:29:30 PM »

Seen one of these in operation at the Ag. Expo at MSU here in Mi. Very impressive. I believe it will burn anything that will go through a 1 inch screen and under 45% or 50% moisture. Very cool. By the way, I'm new here. Trying to respond to bioburner post. I'm as computer illiterate as one can possibly come. Hopefully this will go to the right spot.
Looks like you did it right.
Pages: [1] 2